Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   "Expert" predictions. (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=3787)

Daseal 11-19-2004 10:26 PM

"Expert" predictions.

[url]http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/NFL_SC-PRED[/url]

Noticed that was kind of odd. Off the expert predictions 4 out of 6 have us winning vs the Eagles. Normally they jump on the bandwagon and the Eagles have a 10pt advantage on us. I think we can win, but I thought it may be in part of my undying optimism.

It's important to throw screens, runs, etc to keep Johnson from blitzing, but we also need to test those young corners. Let Rod, Jacobs, Coles, and McCants get YAC.

EEich 11-19-2004 10:36 PM

I think you read it wrong. 4 out of 6 have us beating the 11 point spread.

BrudLee 11-19-2004 10:47 PM

Not only that, only one of those four "experts" has a winning record. Not exactly inspiring...

skinsguy 11-20-2004 12:09 AM

I think the game will be more competitive than it was Monday night in Dallas. Hey, we have an advantage...we have at least an extra day or two of preparation.

4TH RING 11-20-2004 12:12 AM

Even though their predictions were for us covering the 11 points, it still says a lot after what the eagles did to the hated ones from dallas. I think the team is going to play inspired knowing that they have a QB that could actually put a TD drive together when they need it. I just can't wait til sunday, i'm also one of those with undying optimism and I believe we have a pretty good chance of upsetting the eagles. Now the steelers game is a different story, but like they say any given sunday.

skinsguy 11-20-2004 12:17 AM

You never know we might just win the rest of our games. Nobody expects it, and it's much easier playing the underdog than the favorite sometimes.

aehs77 11-20-2004 12:52 AM

[QUOTE=skinsguy]You never know we might just win the rest of our games. Nobody expects it, and it's much easier playing the underdog than the favorite sometimes.[/QUOTE]I expect it

offiss 11-20-2004 01:38 AM

I would feel more comfortable if Ramsey had a couple of games under his belt this season, it doesn't get much tougher than this to get your first start in a new offense in Philli, with that said I think we will cover and I believe Ramsey will do a nice job for the most part, I believe it will come down to Ramsey having to make a big play late in the game and that may be where his lack of experience bites us this week, but look out if we get a lead early I would love to see how are defense play's with a lead, knowing our offense isn't going to be 3 and out the entire second half, I look for Portis to have his best game overall as a Skin, I think Gibb's will go to him early and often, he will earn his paycheck this week.

GoSkins! 11-20-2004 09:47 AM

Here is the deal. Gibb's has to understand that we can't play very conservative against these teams ahead of us anymore. I'm sure he wanted to spend the first half of the season handing the game to the defense and letting them win the game while the offense found some rythem. This game marks the end of that kind of thinking. We wont win any more games this year without putting 20 pts on the board. I think we can win then all if we can put up 30 pts.

I don't see us beating the Eagles, but I also think we beat the spread and watch another nail biter in the end.

Daseal 11-20-2004 10:20 AM

We can and will beat the Eagles at least one of the two times. I'm sure of it. We can beat the steelers too. We just need to force Roth to beat us, not let them jam Bettis/Staley (whoever's healthy) down our throat.

And you're right. I did read it wrong!

SKINSnCANES 11-20-2004 12:47 PM

Im hoping to win an easy ten dollars this weekend. I bet a friend at work that the Eagles will not score more than 42 points against our defense. He thinks McNabb will run all over us and TO will get a ton of TDs. Does anyone really think our defense will give up over 42 pts?!? I know Ramsey may throw some picks but ive got plenty of faith in our defense.

offiss 11-20-2004 01:11 PM

[QUOTE=SKINSnCANES]Im hoping to win an easy ten dollars this weekend. I bet a friend at work that the Eagles will not score more than 42 points against our defense. He thinks McNabb will run all over us and TO will get a ton of TDs. Does anyone really think our defense will give up over 42 pts?!? I know Ramsey may throw some picks but ive got plenty of faith in our defense.[/QUOTE]

SC do you have his # I would like to bet some money on that one. :thumb:

WRedskins04 11-20-2004 01:12 PM

More Expert Picks

[url]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/talent[/url]

Redskins_P 11-20-2004 02:53 PM

At least Mort picked us to win....

WRedskins04 11-20-2004 03:22 PM

Yea but Thiesmans a triator