Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   If We Do Not Select QB at #10....... (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=41542)

30gut 02-22-2011 10:25 AM

Re: If We Do Not Select QB at #10.......

[quote=Buster;785424]Beck has started and shown what he can do. He's a backup at the highest, but if he needs to play, it won't be a disaster.[/quote]

To be fair Beck only started 4 games as [I][B]rookie[/B][/I] on a terrible Dolphins team.
If you pro-rate his numbers during that 4 game stint over a season he would have numbers in the same realm as Mark Sanchez and Josh Freeman's rookie seasons.
I'm not commenting to say that he's good or bad; just that we don't know and can't really say.

MTK 02-22-2011 10:45 AM

Jim Miller was commenting on Beck the other day on NFL Radio and he was actually pretty supportive of him and said he has all the tools you look for and is a smart guy.

He also said whether he gets a shot and is able to put it all together remains to be seen.

gldnju 02-22-2011 02:46 PM

Von miller!

backrow 02-22-2011 03:59 PM

LaVarr's picks!

[url=http://voices.washingtonpost.com/hard-hits/2011/02/if_i_were_in_charge_of_the_red.html]Hard Hits with LaVar Arrington - If I were in charge of the Redskins' draft plans ...[/url]

MTK 02-22-2011 04:13 PM

Sounds like LaVar needs to lay off the Madden.

skinsfaninok 02-22-2011 04:32 PM

[quote=Mattyk;785627]Sounds like LaVar needs to lay off the Madden.[/quote]

Lavar has always said stupid shit. Hankerson is a nice player but we need a QB of the future, We can get a FA WR in the off season.

Chico23231 02-22-2011 07:12 PM

[quote=Mattyk;785627]Sounds like LaVar needs to lay off the Madden.[/quote]

Needs to lay off the thinking.

SkinzWin 02-22-2011 08:23 PM

[quote=Chico23231;785679]Needs to lay off the thinking.[/quote]

Insert the word blow, in place of thinking, and you are getting warmer.

iRepDMV 02-22-2011 08:26 PM

I say with the 10th overall pick we select Von Miller. If hes not there then we go with Robert Quinn. Then we should draft Phil Taylor in the 2nd Rd. If we jus happen to trade haynesworth or mcnabb and get a 3rd and 4th rounder, we select our "future QB" and an offensive lineman.

SkinzWin 02-22-2011 09:36 PM

^^bingo. Golf clap to the new guy. Welcome by the way. Can you get me a discount on a license plate renewal?? Or free personalized tags?!

PHazard 02-22-2011 10:32 PM

[quote=iRepDMV;785695]I say with the 10th overall pick we select Von Miller. If hes not there then we go with Robert Quinn. Then we should draft Phil Taylor in the 2nd Rd. If we jus happen to trade haynesworth or mcnabb and get a 3rd and 4th rounder, we select our "future QB" and an offensive lineman.[/quote]

Easier said then done. No new CBA = No trades.

Terpfan76 02-23-2011 10:27 AM

[quote=iRepDMV;785695]I say with the 10th overall pick we select Von Miller. If hes not there then we go with Robert Quinn. Then we should draft Phil Taylor in the 2nd Rd. If we jus happen to trade haynesworth or mcnabb and get a 3rd and 4th rounder, we select our "future QB" and an offensive lineman.[/quote]

I pretty much agree also. I'm just not sure that this is the year to try and find a franchise qb. I'd rather fill other holes and draft a qb next year. Maybe a guy like Barkley or, depending on how terrible we are, Luck.

Also, depending on how he does at the combine/workouts, I'd still be interested in taking a shot on Mitch Mustain only as a undrafted free agent.

Dirtbag59 02-23-2011 12:51 PM

Lets go ACC this year! Quinn, Hudson, Ponder FTW!

iRepDMV 02-24-2011 06:35 PM

[quote=Terpfan76;785775]I pretty much agree also. [B]I'm just not sure that this is the year to try and find a franchise qb. I'd rather fill other holes and draft a qb next year.[/B] Maybe a guy like Barkley or, depending on how terrible we are, Luck.

Also, depending on how he does at the combine/workouts, I'd still be interested in taking a shot on Mitch Mustain only as a undrafted free agent.[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing, but alot of mock drafts have us taking a QB somewhere in this draft.

Chico23231 02-24-2011 08:38 PM

[quote=Terpfan76;785775]I pretty much agree also. [B]I'm just not sure that this is the year to try and find a franchise qb. I'd rather fill other holes and draft a qb next year. Maybe a guy like Barkley or, depending on how terrible we are, Luck.[/B]Also, depending on how he does at the combine/workouts, I'd still be interested in taking a shot on Mitch Mustain only as a undrafted free agent.[/quote]

Bingo. But I think Shanny feels pressure to get a QB now and get him in the system now rather than wait. I think the expectation is another 10+ loss season is not acceptable from anybody in the organization, and I think Shanny might be feeling pressure especially after the McNabb fiasco went down in flames. I absolutely cannot see Rexy or McNabb as the starter next year. Shanny needs to get in another vet under center OR if he feels Cam or Blaine can make a good pro, sh*t, take'm. BUT if he is taking someone at 10 and is not 100% sure this is the guy, by all means pass.

Mulligan is given with the McNabb situation, but if Shanny brings in a couple guys(vet, rookie) who are inept at QB...he wont be back in year 4.