Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Was Jamie Dukes out of line on Ryan Mallett? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=42051)

Chico23231 04-19-2011 03:11 PM

Re: Was Jamie Dukes out of line on Ryan Mallett?

[quote=Hog1;794268]TOTALLY...[B][B]do Coke for a while, you die.
Do Weed for a while, you act like Tommy Chong[/B][/B].........[/quote]

not totally true

and weed is an addictive drug as well. Ive know 2 people who sought help in a rehab-like way for merry juana. moderation folks

Regardless, if Mallet is using coke, probably shouldnt move him up our draft board

Longtimefan 04-19-2011 03:15 PM

[quote=Hog1;794274]And this story may well have a happy ending, but the prospect of hanging multiple million around his neck with even.....the possibility of problems down the road is a hefty consideration............[/quote]

I definitely agree.....The prospect of investing large sums of money into a situation that could easily go sour at any moment is a risk many GM's are just not willing to take. That fear of possible relapse is an omnipresent, the though of which is bound to have an adverse influence on his draft status.

Hog1 04-19-2011 03:19 PM

[quote=Chico23231;794276]not totally true

and weed is an addictive drug as well. Ive know 2 people who sought help in a rehab-like way for merry juana. moderation folks

Regardless, if Mallet is using coke, probably shouldnt move him up our draft board[/quote]
The two are incomparible both in physical and mental effects on the body. Trying to substantiate such because you know a couple of potheads who needed some 12-step work to shake it..........is silly.

NC_Skins 04-19-2011 03:26 PM

From what I gather, the reason the Redskins got blew out in the Super Bowl, by the Raiders, is because they were partying their asses off via alcohol and cocaine most of the nights leading up to the game.

It's a helluva drug!

Chico23231 04-19-2011 03:29 PM

[quote=Hog1;794279]The two are incomparible both in physical and mental effects on the body. Trying to substantiate such because you know a couple of potheads who needed some 12-step work to shake it..........is silly.[/quote]

Personal experience of watching a couple people struggle with addiction is not fun. Are you saying merry juana is not addictive? pretty sure there is alot of evidence out there stating it is.

mlmpetert 04-19-2011 03:33 PM

[quote=Chico23231;794276]not totally true

[B]and weed is an addictive drug as well[/B]. Ive know 2 people who sought help in a rehab-like way for merry juana. moderation folks

Regardless, if Mallet is using coke, probably shouldnt move him up our draft board[/quote]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWQM6sOsd5k]YouTube - Half Baked: I Used to Suck dick for coke![/ame]

Longtimefan 04-19-2011 03:35 PM

mods must be thinking of altering this thread title.

GridIron26 04-19-2011 03:38 PM

[quote=Chico23231;794276]and weed is an addictive drug as well. Ive know 2 people who sought help in a rehab-like way for merry juana. moderation folks[/quote]

This statement is somewhat incorrect. I'm 5th year college student, majoring in Psychology. I have taken lot of classes regarding disorders including drug addictions. I have done extensive research on marijuana itself for my paper; there are some studies that claimed marijuana as an addictive drug, however there were some biases or outdated information in those articles.. While the current research with updated information claimed that the level of addiction for marijuana depends sorely on individuals. In other words, people will experience vary consequences of smoking marijuana.

Edit: Don't take us wrong, Chico. We are not downgrading your experience with marijuana. It must be difficult for you to watch your friends going in rehab, as it was not fun for me to watch people going through that neither. I'm just saying that smoking marijuana does not automatically makes you to be addict to it.

NC_Skins 04-19-2011 03:40 PM

I'd rather Mallet be using cocaine than weed. At least you'd know he would be wide awake for film sessions.

*drum roll*

I'll be here all week folks, be sure to tip your waitress.

mlmpetert 04-19-2011 03:51 PM

Mallet made some mistakes in college, like a lot of people. Maybe he was young or immature and regrets it. Thats great I wish him the best I really do. But if there were no consequences for mistakes then one of my friends wouldn’t have the herp (don’t worry its not mlmdub) and Ryan Mallet wouldn’t have lost millions of dollars in guaranteed money. There is just wayyyy too many issues to make him a first round QUARTERBACK pick in my opinion. When it comes to character concerns I want ZERO in a quarterback youre basing the franchise on by making him your first round pick.

Sure if you can get him later and not guarantee him millions of dollars then do it. But to put a young kid that made those types of mistakes in the type of situation where he can say to himself I can just f-up and party and ill still have millions of dollars is just irresponsible. Some people make fun of Jamarus Russell when in reality he or his agent deserve an espy. The guy knew what kind of person he was and what did he do? He just signed a massive guaranteed contract so he can spend the rest of his days lazying around, eating way too much and sucking down the sizzurp. He’s living HIS dream. Good for him, sucks for the irresponsible Raiders for giving him that contract and the high hopes of their fans.

mlmpetert 04-19-2011 03:52 PM

[quote=GridIron26;794286]This statement is somewhat incorrect.[B] I'm 5th year college student[/B], majoring in Psychology. I have taken lot of classes regarding disorders including drug addictions. I have done extensive research on marijuana itself for my paper; there are some studies that claimed marijuana as an addictive drug, however there were some biases or outdated information in those articles.. While the current research with updated information claimed that the level of addiction for marijuana depends sorely on individuals. In other words, people will experience vary consequences of smoking marijuana.

Edit: Don't take us wrong, Chico. We are not downgrading your experience with marijuana. It must be difficult for you to watch your friends going in rehab, as it was not fun for me to watch people going through that neither. I'm just saying that smoking marijuana does not automatically makes you to be addict to it.[/quote]

Id leave taht part out in the future...... just kidding i was too.

Landry44 04-19-2011 04:37 PM

I don't think what he said was racist at all. In fact, it's plenty of people that think Ryan Mallett talks like a black guy from the hood.

Landry44 04-19-2011 04:40 PM

[quote=CultBrennan59;794151]I'd take Mallet over Locker, Gabbert, Newton, or Dalton.

He definitely has the arm, obviously he doesn't have the legs or a pocket presence as to how to handle pressure. He could be the next Dan Marino or he could be the next Ryan Leaf, obviously two different extremes there, but I wouldn't be surprised in I don't know 3 years or so, that we look back at this draft and say why didn't we draft Mallet?[/quote]

Ryan Mallett one of the best arms I have seen in quite sometime and he's accurate with the football. I would definitely take a chance on this kid.

GridIron26 04-19-2011 05:55 PM

[quote=mlmpetert;794291]Id leave taht part out in the future...... just kidding i was too.[/quote]

Lol I changed my major from Lab Science Tech to Psy in my 2nd year.

SmootSmack 04-19-2011 06:16 PM

[quote=Landry44;794298]I don't think what he said was racist at all. In fact, it's plenty of people that think Ryan Mallett talks like a black guy from the hood.[/quote]

Not going to touch that one