Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Was Jamie Dukes out of line on Ryan Mallett? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=42051)

skinsfaninok 04-19-2011 06:39 PM

Re: Was Jamie Dukes out of line on Ryan Mallett?

[quote=SmootSmack;794331]Not going to touch that one[/quote]

I won't either and I was that poor white kid that grew up in the hood.

Longtimefan 04-19-2011 07:32 PM

Link title deceiving - view Mallett video

[url=http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81f52f33/article/report-vikings-one-of-teams-looking-into-mcnabb-as-next-qb?module=HP_headlines2col]NFL.com news: Report: Vikings one of teams looking into McNabb as next QB[/url]

GusFrerotte 04-19-2011 08:31 PM

[quote=GridIron26;794286]This statement is somewhat incorrect. I'm 5th year college student, majoring in Psychology. I have taken lot of classes regarding disorders including drug addictions. I have done extensive research on marijuana itself for my paper; there are some studies that claimed marijuana as an addictive drug, however there were some biases or outdated information in those articles.. While the current research with updated information claimed that the level of addiction for marijuana depends sorely on individuals. In other words, people will experience vary consequences of smoking marijuana.

Edit: Don't take us wrong, Chico. We are not downgrading your experience with marijuana. It must be difficult for you to watch your friends going in rehab, as it was not fun for me to watch people going through that neither. I'm just saying that smoking marijuana does not automatically makes you to be addict to it.[/quote]

Sorry dude, but I have seen too many potheads in my lifetime NOT to think wacky tobacky is anything other than addictive. Yeah most folks up here in Detroit move on to bigger and better things like crack, but I have known co workers and a few old friends that stuck with it and smoked it way too often not to be labeled anything other than being an addict. I have also known other friends that could just smoke it occasionally, but those folks are in a minority of the people that I know who smoke weed.

EARTHQUAKE2689 04-19-2011 08:35 PM

[quote=Landry44;794298]I don't think what he said was racist at all. In fact, it's plenty of people that think Ryan Mallett talks like a black guy from the hood.[/quote]

I think this statement makes no sense.

GusFrerotte 04-19-2011 08:36 PM

[QUOTE=Mattyk;794203]Define most. Because the schools I went to, I saw some of that stuff going on but for the most part, the majority weren't involved in that scene. Booze and pot were all over the place for sure, but that's a different animal.

I concur. In the dorms at Eastern Mich Univ you could usually smell weed in the hallways a few times a week, but to say most kids did it would have been an huge exaggeration. IF Mallet is indeed doing that stuff he needs to get help, etc. I hope we don't get Mallet, but that is more to do with his tendency to lose his cool in pressure situations at times and choke.

MTK 04-19-2011 08:38 PM

Pot is more psychologically addictive than physically. There is little to none physical withdrawal symptoms when quitting weed. Some say caffeine is harder to kick.

Dirtbag59 04-19-2011 08:38 PM

Ryan Mallet keeps his eyes on the prize.
[IMG]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcZ__zV7Nz45uXypq3vcOh3010g76WsJppWCmQ8QBgvyC3U9yI[/IMG]

GusFrerotte 04-19-2011 08:39 PM

[quote=celts32;794240]I am not an expert on drugs so I don't want to get to far into this. weed is known as more of a gateway drug. Lots of people dabble with it in college and most give it up when they enter the real world. In many instances people taking coke are advanced drug users who are heading down the wrong path.[/quote]

80% of hard drug users started out with weed. It is a gateway drug alright, to a possible personal hell.

GusFrerotte 04-19-2011 08:40 PM

[quote=Mattyk;794372]Pot is more psychologically addictive than physically. There is little to none physical withdrawal symptoms when quitting weed. Some say caffeine is harder to kick.[/quote]

It depends on what the pot is laced with. THe pot sold today is not the natural stuff necessarily the boomers smoked in the 60's-70's.

MTK 04-19-2011 08:41 PM

Gateway drug lol

Maybe we should just get back on topic, this is getting redonkulous

Dirtbag59 04-19-2011 08:42 PM

Ryan Mallet on the phone with his agent
[YT]Rb8DL9_Oj9Y[/YT]

MTK 04-19-2011 08:42 PM

[quote=GusFrerotte;794375]It depends on what the pot is laced with. THe pot sold today is not the natural stuff necessarily the boomers smoked in the 60's-70's.[/quote]

Yeah it's not your fathers weed, but it's not laced. Just stronger strains.

Chico23231 04-19-2011 08:45 PM

Tell ya, kinda pulling for Mallet to get with a good team and succed.

Lotus 04-19-2011 09:05 PM

[quote=GusFrerotte;794374]80% of hard drug users started out with weed. It is a gateway drug alright, to a possible personal hell.[/quote]

And those same people probably tried alcohol first but that doesn't make beer a "gateway."

SmootSmack 04-19-2011 09:08 PM

Gruden Camp: Ryan Malett is on ESPN2 right now by the way, followed by Cam Newton