Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Idiot bicyclists (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=42554)

mlmdub130 06-07-2011 03:50 PM

Re: Idiot bicyclists

[quote=GMScud;806059]Yeah, for those of us on my side of the argument, that picture certainly doesn't help. That's probably the most generous bike lane I've ever seen, and both riders are well within the lines. Definitely a fail of an example.[/quote]

maybe it's just me because i am on 123 everyday all day, but if you are telling me that these two douches aren't making a dumb decision by riding side by side less than two feet away from a road where the speed limit is 55 and people do 65 to 70, you have to be kidding me. i think it's the fact that it is a still picture and you have no realization that the speed i'm traveling is over 50mph. if one of them hits a rock or some debris from an old accident and veers to the left a foot they would be dead, same if someone is doing their makeup on the way to work, ijust seems like a stupid risk to me.

the part that kills me is there is a path, not a side walk, but a bike path just the same as the w o&d trail, about 15 feet off the road away from cars traveling at 65mph.

i don't know, maybe i'm the a-hole here won't be the first time and damn sure not the last

MTK 06-07-2011 03:54 PM

50 mph taking a picture... stupid risk?

mlmdub130 06-07-2011 03:54 PM

[quote=NC_Skins;806042]
3) Spandex is worn to prevent chaffing and keep them dry. Has nothing to do with "Lance Armstrong" wannabes.
[url=http://yesididjustsaythat.blogspot.com/2009/02/why-bicyclists-wear-spandex.html]Yes, I DID just say that.: Why Bicyclists wear spandex[/url]

[/quote]

i can somewhat understand the bike pants, although i personally would wear shorts over them, like any normal person would do. as for the shirts are all road cyclist like andrew bernard and have sensitive nipples or what

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzwf8O4ZCKk]YouTube - ‪The Office- Season 4- Andy- Nipple Chaffing‬‏[/ame]

mlmdub130 06-07-2011 03:58 PM

[quote=Mattyk;806193]50 mph taking a picture... stupid risk?[/quote]

maybe to those less gifted ;). but thats klinda part of my point, we both know i'm not the only guy who reaches for a phone in the car, thats why i would be on the path.

SmootSmack 06-07-2011 04:00 PM

[quote=mlmdub130;806197]maybe to those less gifted ;). but thats klinda part of my point, we both know i'm not the only guy who reaches for a phone in the car, thats why i would be on the path.[/quote]

So your point is because you want to take risks, others should stay out of your way?

mlmdub130 06-07-2011 04:09 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;806199]So your point is because you want to take risks, others should stay out of your way?[/quote]

no but i guess thats what you read, if you re-read it you will see that i am saying that i am hardly the only one on the road using their phone or iphone or ipod, or droid or whatever. and the fact that so many drivers are distracted is one of the reasons i think it's pretty stupid for them to be in the roadway with cars traveling over 50mph.

SmootSmack 06-07-2011 04:17 PM

[quote=mlmdub130;806206]no but i guess thats what you read, if you re-read it you will see that i am saying that i am hardly the only one on the road using their phone or iphone or ipod, or droid or whatever. and the fact that so many drivers are distracted is one of the reasons i think it's pretty stupid for them to be in the roadway with cars traveling over 50mph.[/quote]

Yeah I know what you wrote, and it still doesn't make any sense to me

mlmpetert 06-07-2011 04:42 PM

[quote=over the mountain;806115][URL="http://www.mva.maryland.gov/Driver-Safety/Bicycle/default.htm"]Current Bicycle Laws[/URL]

Md driver laws:

[B]A person may not throw any object at or in the direction of any person riding a bicycle, an EPAMD, or a motor scooter.[/B]

[B]A person may not open the door of any motor vehicle with intent to strike, injure, or interfere with any person riding a bicycle, and EPAMD, or a motor scooter. [/B]

some bicyclist rules in MD:

Bicycles, motor scooters and EPAMDs are not permitted on any roads where the speed limit is more than 50 miles per hour or higher. (TR § 21-1205.1)

A person riding a bicycle shall ride as close to the right side of the road as practicable and safe, except when.. (left turning, etc)

Where there is a bike lane, a person must use those and not ride a bicycle or motor scooter in the roadway except: (TR § 21-1205.1)

The one that always gets me is if there is a bike lane, bicyclists must use it . . . and weve spent plenty of money making bike lanes[/quote]

Thats one of the funniest things ive ever seen. I cant believe they really posted that.

firstdown 06-07-2011 04:56 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;806199]So your point is because you want to take risks, others should stay out of your way?[/quote]

That's right. When I get drunk and drive those dam people walking down the side walk really piss me off. I really get pissed if they have the nerve to be pushing a baby stroller. I even slow down some times and yell out the wimdow calling them dumb sluts and tossing empty beer can at them.

Monkeydad 06-08-2011 11:48 AM

[quote=mlmpetert;806224]Thats one of the funniest things ive ever seen. I cant believe they really posted that.[/quote]

How can they enforce based on "intent"?

You can't prove it. Open those doors, WPers.

Monkeydad 06-08-2011 11:49 AM

[quote=firstdown;806229]That's right. When I get drunk and drive those dam people walking down the side walk really piss me off. I really get pissed if they have the nerve to be pushing a baby stroller. I even slow down some times and yell out the wimdow calling them dumb sluts and tossing empty beer can at them.[/quote]

Today's word of the day:

[B][SIZE=7]wimdow[/SIZE][/B]

firstdown 06-08-2011 12:33 PM

[quote=Monkeydad;806360]Today's word of the day:

[B][SIZE=7]wimdow[/SIZE][/B][/quote]

That's when you get mad at people walking down the side walk and you toss a beer out the window on a wim. WIMDOW.

I'm so glade your perfect.

mlmdub130 06-08-2011 01:11 PM

[quote=firstdown;806376]That's when you get mad at people walking down the side walk and you toss a beer out the window on a wim. WIMDOW.

I'm so[B][U] glade [/U][/B]your perfect.[/quote]

:doh:

Ruhskins 06-09-2011 10:52 AM

Alright back to the topic. I just saw this and chuckled a bit given this thread:

[url=http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/09/bike-lane-ticket-new-york_n_873790.html]Casey Neistat: New York Man Gets Ticket For Not Riding In Bike Lane (VIDEO)[/url]

Monkeydad 06-09-2011 10:54 AM

[quote=mlmdub130;806386]:doh:[/quote]
[I]Whim[/I] too. :D

[SIZE=1](and [I]sidewalk[/I], but who's counting)

[SIZE=3]Keep them coming, FD. You entertain us![/SIZE]
[/SIZE]