Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Fantasy Football (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Warpath $$ League #2? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=43220)

itvnetop 08-02-2011 09:45 PM

Warpath $$ League #2?

After speaking with Matty, it looks like the money league is full. I'm gauging interest for a second money league... Thinking 12 yay's would do it. Sign off here and if we get enough, I'll start it up.

hooskins 08-02-2011 09:57 PM

Im interested barring the draft date. I may not be able to partake in an early draft.

72_Mr._Dexter 08-04-2011 07:51 PM

Re: Warpath $$ League #2?

I'm in

MTK 08-05-2011 07:40 AM

I'm in too, depending on the date of the draft.

rbanerjee23 08-05-2011 08:46 AM

Depends on the buy-in/date+time of the draft for me.

What's the usual buy-in, like 5-10 bucks?

DCtoAZ 08-05-2011 12:58 PM

i'm in ... let's get the details going

itvnetop 08-05-2011 02:30 PM

Hmmm, I usually do a $50 buy-in (sorry, rban!). 12 team league, 2 RB's and 2 WR's with a flex RB/WR (the rest standard positions: QB, TE, K, D, 6-7 bench). If $50 is too much for everyone, I'll make it lower... just let me know. Hope everyone's got PayPal!

As for draft time, do you guys prefer weeknights sometime in the evening? What would be the alternative if the weeknights are full? I'd also stay away from Labor Day weekend.

As for playoff payouts:

1st: 325
2nd: 150
3rd: 75
4th: 50

I'm usually in a few leagues with a last place penalty (usually the amount of the buy-in). Basically, this prevents owners from surrendering at the end if they feel they are out of contention- this way, league integrity is kept all the way through the season. The penalty money is usually given to the "regular season" champ (ie, the owner with the overall top seed in the playoffs)... reason being that the regular season champ deserves a little something for extended performance, where fantasy playoffs are sometimes a bit wacky. Of course, there's no way to really police the penalty since we're all on cyberspace- it'd be on an honor system. If we have the same league the following year, that owner wouldn't be invited back if he/she didn't pay.

If you guys have any input, I'm definitely open to it.

LandrySlice 08-05-2011 02:47 PM

If its an online draft I would be interested, I don't think they will fly me back from Afghanistan to partake in any fantasy drafts.

MTK 08-05-2011 03:04 PM

[quote=itvnetop;820485]Hmmm, I usually do a $50 buy-in (sorry, rban!). 12 team league, 2 RB's and 2 WR's with a flex RB/WR (the rest standard positions: QB, TE, K, D, 6-7 bench). If $50 is too much for everyone, I'll make it lower... just let me know. Hope everyone's got PayPal!

As for draft time, do you guys prefer weeknights sometime in the evening? What would be the alternative if the weeknights are full? I'd also stay away from Labor Day weekend.

As for playoff payouts:

1st: 325
2nd: 150
3rd: 75
4th: 50

I'm usually in a few leagues with a last place penalty (usually the amount of the buy-in). Basically, this prevents owners from surrendering at the end if they feel they are out of contention- this way, league integrity is kept all the way through the season. The penalty money is usually given to the "regular season" champ (ie, the owner with the overall top seed in the playoffs)... reason being that the regular season champ deserves a little something for extended performance, where fantasy playoffs are sometimes a bit wacky. Of course, there's no way to really police the penalty since we're all on cyberspace- it'd be on an honor system. If we have the same league the following year, that owner wouldn't be invited back if he/she didn't pay.

If you guys have any input, I'm definitely open to it.[/quote]

sounds good to me

LandrySlice 08-05-2011 04:25 PM

I'm in!!!!!

itvnetop 08-05-2011 05:42 PM

I've created the league... draft is set for Wednesday Sept. 7th at 8:15 EST (the night before the regular season begins). Landry, I think you're probably 9.5 hours ahead of the east coast? That makes it close to 6 a.m. over there... sorry it's so early for ya. I made the draft picks only 1 minute long (down from 1.5), so it should be quicker.

I've learned the easiest way to handle leagues (especially where no one has met each other) is to give out passwords once payment has been received- It's just too hard replacing people who don't pay right before the season begins.

You can send PayPal to my yahoo addy (please also include your Warpath username with the payment in the notes section, so I know who to send league info):

[email]kevinchan303@yahoo.com[/email]

(that's the number 303)

If everyone is cool with the buy-in of $50, please be aware that PayPal charges a fee for credit card transactions. If you use your credit card via PayPal, the amount will be $51.80 (.30 transaction + 2.9%). However, direct deduction from a bank account via PayPal has no transaction fee.

If you'd like to send a check via snail-mail, give me a heads up and I'll PM you my address.

* Please note that if you send payment this weekend, you'll get league info late Sunday evening... I'm out camping until then.

rbanerjee23 08-05-2011 11:38 PM

Too rich for my blood -- I'll stick to the free warpath leagues :)

LandrySlice 08-06-2011 01:05 AM

It appears we are not close to 12 teams, we still doing this???

itvnetop 08-07-2011 11:12 PM

[quote=LandrySlice;820663]It appears we are not close to 12 teams, we still doing this???[/quote]

Anyone else? Which user emailed me this weekend (I only got your real name)?

Luxorreb 08-08-2011 12:51 PM

I'm in!