Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Big Rumor: If The Colts Take Luck, Then Manning Could Be... (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=45849)

LionsFanVisiting 01-21-2012 03:16 PM

Re: The Big Rumor: If The Colts Take Luck, Then Manning Could Be...

I dont understand why anyone would want Sanchez.

He was clearly the worst QB in the 2009 draft of the 3. And to this day, he still is. He is overrated.

If I was a Redskin fan, I would definetely want to hold on to Grossman and try and draft one of the top 2 QBs this year, or wait for Barkley next year.

Giantone 01-21-2012 04:14 PM

[quote=LionsFanVisiting;877548]If I was a Redskin fan, I would definetely want to hold on to Grossman and try and draft one of the top 2 QBs this year, or wait for Barkley next year.[/quote]

Talk like that can get you shot in this forum.:)

WaldSkins 01-21-2012 05:07 PM

[quote=LionsFanVisiting;877548]I dont understand why anyone would want Sanchez.

He was clearly the worst QB in the 2009 draft of the 3. And to this day, he still is. He is overrated.

If I was a Redskin fan, I would definetely want to hold on to Grossman and try and draft one of the top 2 QBs this year, or wait for Barkley next year.[/quote]

Barkley is gonna go number 1 overall and its very unlikey for the redskins to have the worst record in the league next year.

WilbursHomie 01-21-2012 05:38 PM

[QUOTE=WaldSkins;877553]Barkley is gonna go number 1 overall and its very unlikey for the redskins to have the worst record in the league next year.[/QUOTE]

If we do, we'll be going it to that draft needing a new QB and a new coach.

Chico23231 01-21-2012 05:47 PM

If I was a Redskin fan, I would definetely want to hold on to Grossman and try and draft one of the top 2 QBs this year, or wait for Barkley next year.[/quote]

Yeah I think this was the make or break year for Sanchise,.....he broke. I dont see how anyone could lobby for Grossman though, he turns the ball over more than Sanchez. We cant wait for next year, at least Shanny cant, double digits losses again probably gets him fired.

SolidSnake84 01-21-2012 09:51 PM

[quote=Giantone;877404]From what I hear he was a hell of a wide reciever but had some sort of health issiue[/quote]

He would have for sure played in the NFL the experts say. He had spinal stenosis, it was a genetic condition that he inherited, and Peyton and Eli were both tested for the same condition. Eli was negative, they could not say 100% for sure that Peyton's neck complications were not part of something that he inherited genetic.

Smoot Smack is right on.

The condition presents itself as a progressive narrowing of the spinal column, it puts pressure on the spinal cord and leads to numbness and stabbing pains through the extremeties. Surgery is performed to releive the pressure, that is career ending often times, as another hit or injury could lead to paralysis or death.

Our very own Chris Samuels retired from it I do believe....

sportscurmudgeon 01-21-2012 10:54 PM

[quote=SolidSnake84;877591]He would have for sure played in the NFL the experts say. He had spinal stenosis, it was a genetic condition that he inherited, and Peyton and Eli were both tested for the same condition. Eli was negative, they could not say 100% for sure that Peyton's neck complications were not part of something that he inherited genetic.

Smoot Smack is right on.

The condition presents itself as a progressive narrowing of the spinal column, it puts pressure on the spinal cord and leads to numbness and stabbing pains through the extremeties. Surgery is performed to releive the pressure, that is career ending often times, as another hit or injury could lead to paralysis or death.

Our very own Chris Samuels retired from it I do believe....[/quote]

As did Michael Irvin...

skinsfaninok 01-21-2012 10:58 PM

I agree on Sanchez, and if u are a True Lions fan... God bless u

LionsFanVisiting 01-22-2012 07:40 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;877603]I agree on Sanchez, and if u are a True Lions fan... God bless u[/quote]

I am the truest lions fan youll ever meet.

Ya know, with the idea that a bad season could get Shanahan fired makes you wonder if they will do whatever it might take to get RGIII?

Bushead 01-22-2012 12:08 PM

I might be in the minority, but I think Shanahan survives one more poor season if he has one. After that, he would be on the hot seat.

skinsfaninok 01-22-2012 02:37 PM

Pft reported that az is also interested in Manning..

NC_Skins 01-22-2012 02:49 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;877683]Pft reported that az is also interested in Manning..[/quote]

Until Manning is cleared medically, I think it's all moot anyway. Even with Manning, the Cardinals need more than a QB to contend.

skinsfaninok 01-22-2012 03:20 PM

[QUOTE=NC_Skins;877686]Until Manning is cleared medically, I think it's all moot anyway. Even with Manning, the Cardinals need more than a QB to contend.[/QUOTE]

Guess kolb and skelton would be gone then? Or atleast one

SBXVII 01-22-2012 07:19 PM

[quote=SolidSnake84;877591]He would have for sure played in the NFL the experts say. He had spinal stenosis, it was a genetic condition that he inherited, and Peyton and Eli were both tested for the same condition. Eli was negative, they could not say 100% for sure that Peyton's neck complications were not part of something that he inherited genetic.

Smoot Smack is right on.

Our very own Chris Samuels retired from it I do believe....[/quote]

I'm confused? His doctor has said he's healthy enough to be able to work out more.
[url=http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7304392/peyton-manning-doctor-says-fusion-healed-firmly]Peyton Manning's doctor says fusion has healed firmly - ESPN[/url]

Also I'm confused with the whole "it's career ending" idea.....
[url=http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6944302/indianapolis-colts-peyton-manning-more-surgery-neck]Indianapolis Colts' Peyton Manning has more surgery on neck - ESPN[/url]

[quote]"This procedure is performed regularly throughout the country on persons from all walks of life, including professional football players. Two former Colts players had this same procedure last winter and have fully resumed their careers," the team said in the statement.[/quote]

Also from the report...

[quote]
Dr. Andrew Hecht, co-director of spinal surgery at Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York, doesn't believe the injury will prematurely end Manning's career.
Hecht, who works with the [URL="http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets"][COLOR=#0000ff]New York Jets[/COLOR][/URL] and [URL="http://espn.go.com/nhl/team/_/name/nyi/new-york-islanders"][COLOR=#0000ff]New York Islanders[/COLOR][/URL], said the biggest risk is healing. He said it typically takes three months for the fusion to occur, though some people heal faster.
"The odds are that he'll end his career when he wants to end his career," Hecht said.
[/quote]

REDSKINS4ever 01-22-2012 07:46 PM

[quote=NC_Skins;877686]Until Manning is cleared medically, I think it's all moot anyway. Even with Manning, the Cardinals need more than a QB to contend.[/quote]

The Cards were 8-8 this season. Kevin Kolb looked overwhelmed at times like he couldn't play quarterback. With Manning, they would definitely win a few more games to qualify for a division title and playoff birth.

SmootSmack 01-22-2012 07:47 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;877690]Guess kolb and skelton would be gone then? Or atleast one[/quote]

I believe I heard somewhere that the Cardinals can get out of Kolb's contract with relatively little damage to them. Similar to the Redskins McNabb situation if I recall correctly

MTK 01-22-2012 07:59 PM

Crazy that they could give up on Kolb so quick.

SmootSmack 01-22-2012 08:09 PM

[quote=Mattyk;877845]Crazy that they could give up on Kolb so quick.[/quote]

I don't think they will, but they can

skinsfaninok 01-22-2012 08:21 PM

I wouldn't mind Skelton as an option to compete, he looked pretty good at times

Ruhskins 01-22-2012 10:24 PM

[quote=NC_Skins;877686]Until Manning is cleared medically, I think it's all moot anyway. Even with Manning, the Cardinals need more than a QB to contend.[/quote]

I don't know, a healthy Manning throwing to Larry Fitz could be huge. Let's not forget that Warner by himself made AZ a good team. Everything went down the drain once he left.

Ruhskins 01-23-2012 08:24 AM

Add Miami to the P. Manning sweepstakes...

[url=http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/01/23/2603050/peyton-manning-sits-atop-miami.html]Peyton Manning sits atop Miami Dolphins’ quarterback wish list - Miami Dolphins - MiamiHerald.com[/url]

12thMan 01-25-2012 01:25 PM

I honestly think Manning's done. I think he'll probably retire.

Giantone 01-25-2012 07:37 PM

As someone else said ,If Peyton is healthy ...every team is in the race except the Pat,Giants and Saints,Panthers,Rams,Lions and Bengals.

tryfuhl 01-25-2012 07:47 PM

[quote=Giantone;878817]As someone else said ,If Peyton is healthy ...every team is in the race except the Pat,Giants and Saints,Panthers,Rams,Lions and Bengals.[/quote]

Doubt the Packers look at him.. probably not the chargers but who knows

Defensewins 01-25-2012 07:54 PM

I would think the salary cap hit of Peyton Manning will cause some teams to think twice about signing him. Some teams have very little cap space.
If I were Peyton, i would want to go to a team like Houston Texans, that is one great QB away from a Sb title. Great Wr's, TE's, RB's, OL and defense.

MTK 01-25-2012 08:17 PM

What's wrong with Matt Schaub?

GMScud 01-25-2012 08:38 PM

[quote=12thMan;878714]I honestly think Manning's done. I think he'll probably retire.[/quote]

I have that feeling, too. That nerve still hasn't regenerated. I heard an interview on the radio today with Bill Polian (I think the actual interview took place yesterday). He said it's the most frustrating injury he's ever dealt with in his 35 years around the NFL. He's said it's impossible to predict if/when that nerve will come back. Basically there's no timetable.

skinsfaninok 01-25-2012 08:56 PM

like i said before I dont want Manning

Defensewins 01-25-2012 08:57 PM

[quote=Mattyk;878826]What's wrong with Matt Schaub?[/quote]

He is not Peyton Manning. I like Schaub, but he is a bit injury prone. Not that Manning is the man of steel.
I just think [B][U]if [/U][/B]Peyton wants to play another year or two (if he physically can) he wants to win a SB. Going to Miami or another rebuilding team is out of the question. I do not think there is another team that is as close to being a QB away from being a SB team than Houston. Their draft classes, especially 2011 class, have been crazy good.

skinsfaninok 01-25-2012 09:21 PM

Schaub is also getting older

GMScud 01-25-2012 09:34 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;878845]Schaub is also getting older[/quote]

Schaub is only 30 and it's not like he's a running QB. That team can be really good for several more years with him and that defense. Considering Mario Williams missed most of the season, Andre Johnson missed half the season, and Schaub missed the stretch run/playoffs and they still managed to win a playoff game with a 5th round rookie QB....

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. They're a legit contender going into next year.

EARTHQUAKE2689 01-25-2012 09:39 PM

[quote=GMScud;878847]Schaub is only 30 and it's not like he's a running QB. That team can be really good for several more years with him and that defense. Considering Mario Williams missed most of the season, Andre Johnson missed half the season, and Schaub missed the stretch run/playoffs and they still managed to win a playoff game with a 5th round rookie QB....

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. They're a legit contender going into next year.[/quote]

I'd say outside of NE they are the AFC favorite when healthy.

MTK 01-25-2012 09:42 PM

[quote=Defensewins;878835]He is not Peyton Manning. I like Schaub, but he is a bit injury prone. Not that Manning is the man of steel.
I just think [B][U]if [/U][/B]Peyton wants to play another year or two (if he physically can) he wants to win a SB. Going to Miami or another rebuilding team is out of the question. I do not think there is another team that is as close to being a QB away from being a SB team than Houston. Their draft classes, especially 2011 class, have been crazy good.[/quote]

With a healthy Schaub, I think he can get them to the SB.

Lotus 01-25-2012 10:23 PM

[quote=Mattyk;878850]With a healthy Schaub, I think he can get them to the SB.[/quote]

Me too. They came close enough with TJ Frikkin Yates.

Dirtbag59 01-25-2012 10:25 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;878020]Add Miami to the P. Manning sweepstakes...

[url=http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/01/23/2603050/peyton-manning-sits-atop-miami.html]Peyton Manning sits atop Miami Dolphins’ quarterback wish list - Miami Dolphins - MiamiHerald.com[/url][/quote]

Shouldn't they just be targeting Cam Newton? I mean that is Miami's MO. Taking big time, generational talents from non-traditional markets for themselves.

skinsfaninok 01-25-2012 10:31 PM

If I'm Manning id rather go to the jets than anyone else

NYCskinfan82 01-25-2012 10:39 PM

Indy will be changing their DF, they will be needing picks. I can see them trading down for more picks. The Skins can start a bidding war to benefit them Indy wants to trade as does St. Louis as does the Vikings.

SmootSmack 01-25-2012 10:40 PM

Watch the Cowboys go after Manning...

But anyway after talking to a couple of people today I would say any chance of Sanchez to the Redskins is pretty much dead. Bigger plans in play.

SolidSnake84 01-25-2012 10:41 PM

Can Manning even physically play?? Last month I read alot where he was basically in the same shape as he was, he could throw the ball with limited velocity but didn't have anything downfield, his tricep had plateaued, etc. He was getting injections into his lower back to deal with muscle spasms and pain, etc.....

I think alot of folks are over looking the man's health and well-being just for the fact that he will be a one-year rental that will give any team who signs him an instant super bowl chance..

I love Peyton and respect the heck out of him, but i would sure want some answers on his health before anybody breaks the bank on a trade....

NYCskinfan82 01-25-2012 10:41 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;878866]Watch the Cowboys go after Manning...

But anyway after talking to a couple of people today I would say any chance of Sanchez to the Redskins is pretty much dead. Bigger plans in play.[/quote]

Please tell, or at least give us a HINT.