Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Helu had foot surgery in February (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=52402)

mredskins 04-08-2013 09:43 AM

Re: Helu had foot surgery in February

[quote=SOUL-SKINS;1002447]Helu played very well when healthy .... Not sure what you mean.[/quote]

Exactly. He has big play ability and he showed it. He just not the bruiser Alfmo is.

MTK 04-08-2013 09:46 AM

I think where we really missed a guy like Helu last year was being able to swing it to someone coming out of the backfield. He had 49 catches as a rookie. That aspect was completely missing from our offense.

KI Skins Fan 04-08-2013 10:12 AM

I may be a little too judgemental about him. I just expected more of him, so I'd like to see some competition brought in to challenge him.

Mike Shanahan said of Helu, "I’m hoping Helu can come back and be the guy that he was at certain times before the injury." It's the "at certain times" part of the quote that is my hang up about Helu.

I want more 1st Down conversions, better pass protection, and more big plays from our 3rd Down Back.

CultBrennan59 04-08-2013 11:32 AM

[quote=SOUL-SKINS;1002447]Helu played very well [B]when healthy[/B] .... Not sure what you mean.[/quote]

You said the key words there. Whenever you have to say the key words, when healthy, about a prospect or player, you want to avoid those guys/they're really not that good because they're hardly on the field.

NC_Skins 04-08-2013 11:40 AM

[quote=CultBrennan59;1002474]You said the key words there. Whenever you have to say the key words, when healthy, about a prospect or player, you want to avoid those guys/they're really not that good because they're hardly on the field.[/quote]

I'm quite positive I've heard you say the same thing about players you wanted to bring in or re-sign.

SOUL-SKINS 04-08-2013 11:43 AM

[quote=CultBrennan59;1002474]You said the key words there. Whenever you have to say the key words, when healthy, about a prospect or player, you want to avoid those guys/they're really not that good because they're hardly on the field.[/quote]

Well hopefully they fixed his lingering foot issue with this past surgery in Feb. I know what you mean when you say we should avoid those type players with a a laundry list of injuries ....but we drafted him. We shouldn't give up on him now. He wasn't known to be injury prone coming outta college. I think he will be a full go and, like Matty said he could give us that screen play dynamic to our offense. Would be a BIG plus

CultBrennan59 04-08-2013 11:57 AM

[quote=NC_Skins;1002477]I'm quite positive I've heard you say the same thing about players you wanted to bring in or re-sign.[/quote]

Nope, I've always preached that we stay away from ''when healthy'' guys

Alvin Walton 04-08-2013 12:10 PM

Thread hijack:::
Anyone know Chris Nields health status?

Lotus 04-08-2013 01:12 PM

[quote=CultBrennan59;1002474]You said the key words there. Whenever you have to say the key words, [B]when healthy, about a prospect or player, you want to avoid those guys/they're really not that good because they're hardly on the field.[/B][/quote]

Exactly the same can be said for many head cases (they miss the field due to suspensions or bad attitudes) but you seem to argue for them consistently.

FRPLG 04-08-2013 01:30 PM

[quote=Mattyk;1002450]I think where we really missed a guy like Helu last year was being able to swing it to someone coming out of the backfield. He had 49 catches as a rookie. That aspect was completely missing from our offense.[/quote]

Agreed. Adding that dynamic would make it even harder on the ends and olbs to make proper reads.

CultBrennan59 04-08-2013 01:41 PM

[quote=Lotus;1002496]Exactly the same can be said for many head cases (they miss the field due to suspensions or bad attitudes) but you seem to argue for them consistently.[/quote]

Because one is mental and one is physical. If their heads on right, then they're no problem. Injury prone guys can't shake injuries no matter how much the tone up, work out, stay in shape, limit their playing time,etc.

Lotus 04-08-2013 01:45 PM

[quote=CultBrennan59;1002505]Because one is mental and one is physical. If their heads on right, then they're no problem. Injury prone guys can't shake injuries no matter how much the tone up, work out, stay in shape, limit their playing time,etc.[/quote]

But the whole point of "head case" is that their heads are not on right. A person can be as "mental injury prone" as another one is "physical injury prone."

And the bottom line remains the same: whether you miss the game because you are hurt or miss the game because of narcissism, the game has been missed either way.

skinsfan69 04-08-2013 02:06 PM

Hope Helu can come back and get his career going again. He sort of reminds me of Kelvin Bryant. Very good out of the backfield but you can't keep him in there full time cause he'll get banged up. I think he's the perfect compliment to Morris if he's willing to take a back seat and play 3rd down.

The Goat 04-08-2013 03:30 PM

Forget about the f&cking toe!!

Helu was absolutely a game-changer when healthy. He's not an every down back at this point, but he's a perfect 3rd down/change of pace guy for us.

He's also shown a lot of dedication IMO. Deserves the opportunity to be 2nd on the depth chart. That said, Mike probably will/should draft another RB in the late rounds this month. Helu and the rookie will compete. Good stuff.

GridIron26 04-08-2013 05:36 PM

[quote=The Goat;1002526]Forget about the f&cking toe!!

Helu was absolutely a game-changer when healthy. He's not an every down back at this point, but he's a perfect 3rd down/change of pace guy for us.

He's also shown a lot of dedication IMO. Deserves the opportunity to be 2nd on the depth chart. That said, Mike probably will/should draft another RB in the late rounds this month. Helu and the rookie will compete. Good stuff.[/quote]

This