Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Green Calling Out Griffin as a Leader (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=55232)

mredskins 11-15-2013 03:34 PM

Green Calling Out Griffin as a Leader

[url=http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9980973/robert-griffin-iii-washington-redskins-leadership-questioned-darrell-green]Robert Griffin III of Washington Redskins has leadership questioned by Darrell Green - ESPN[/url]

DG needs to shut up but everyone has a opinion.

Chico23231 11-15-2013 03:38 PM

Re: Green Calling Out Griffin as a Leader

guess D Green didnt watch last year. oh well, cut RG3 i guess

MTK 11-15-2013 03:38 PM

Maybe SS can comment, but I wonder how close to the team Green really is at this point.

He seems like an outsider, his comments honestly seem a little baseless to me.

Keim's take
[URL="http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/58690/green-questions-redskins-leadership"]Darrell Green questions Redskins' leadership - ESPN[/URL]

skinsfaninok 11-15-2013 03:40 PM

Eh who cares? Just another former skin jealous of Griffin's spotlight

donofriose 11-15-2013 03:46 PM

[quote=mredskins;1041050][url=http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9980973/robert-griffin-iii-washington-redskins-leadership-questioned-darrell-green]Robert Griffin III of Washington Redskins has leadership questioned by Darrell Green - ESPN[/url]

DG needs to shut up but everyone has a opinion.[/quote]

They had an entire 10 min segment on this on ESPN.

Immediately after they talked about how great of leader Luck was last night. They never directly compared the two but I thought it was funny how obvious they were trying to paint Luck as this all time great leader and RG3 has a failure.

SmootSmack 11-15-2013 03:49 PM

[quote=Mattyk;1041053]Maybe SS can comment, but I wonder how close to the team Green really is at this point.

He seems like an outsider, his comments honestly seem a little baseless to me.

Keim's take
[URL="http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/58690/green-questions-redskins-leadership"]Darrell Green questions Redskins' leadership - ESPN[/URL][/quote]

I think it's fine, I mean I don't think he's deeply entrenched with the team but he's not ostracized either.

Just a couple of weeks ago, London Fletcher said he thought RG3 was too young to really be considered the leader, and no one batted an eye

mredskins 11-15-2013 03:51 PM

I understand this is a lost season but RG needs to finish strong if he wants poop like this to stop being said.

My fingers are crossed he is not a flash in the pan.

skinsfaninok 11-15-2013 03:52 PM

People hate on the Redskins it's just a fact, Griffin has been nothing but a class act and they find ways to dog him. Why? Because he's a redskin. I guess it's snyder or maybe the name? But the people just like to put the team and its players down

DynamiteRave 11-15-2013 03:52 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;1041057]I think it's fine, I mean I don't think he's deeply entrenched with the team but he's not ostracized either.

Just a couple of weeks ago, London Fletcher said he thought RG3 was too young to really be considered the leader, and no one batted an eye[/quote]

I mean, as baseless as the comments may seem, I would assume these oldheads do know what true leadership is. Fletch IS in the locker room, so I give him a little more credibility.

I'm not saying RG3 doesn't have leadership qualities, but it is food for thought.

DynamiteRave 11-15-2013 03:54 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1041060]People hate on the Redskins it's just a fact, Griffin has been nothing but a class act and they find ways to dog him. Why? Because he's a redskin. I guess it's snyder or maybe the name? But the people just like to put the team and its players down[/quote]

Well to play devil's advocate, classy doesn't mean they're a good leader.

I'm about as classy as they come but I am absolutely horrible at commanding a team of people.

MTK 11-15-2013 03:59 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;1041057]I think it's fine, I mean I don't think he's deeply entrenched with the team but he's not ostracized either.

Just a couple of weeks ago, London Fletcher said he thought RG3 was too young to really be considered the leader, and no one batted an eye[/quote]

I guess I was focused more on his comments that Fletcher isn't a leader.

If he wants to question a 2nd year player not being the guy, ok. Becoming a leader doesn't happen overnight.

Schneed10 11-15-2013 03:59 PM

Fletcher is onto something there, but RG3 is the team's leader anyway because there are few others who are remotely capable of making the impact he does. Fletch is that sage voice but he's so ineffective now I wonder how much they listen to him. Hall's playing well but he's no leader. Orakpo is really well respected but he's been hurt a lot. The rest of the quality players on the team are young guys. Kerrigan, Trent, Alfred and RG3. They're the leaders.

So they're going to lead like young people lead, questionably. People within the locker room probably question them. But they are our core and will grow together into strong leaders.

If we had any depth and didn't have a cap penalty to deal with, then maybe they wouldn't have to be leaders this year.

Schneed10 11-15-2013 04:03 PM

Know what I'd like to see, somebody big and strong and good really get in the face of the next guy to commit a stupid personal foul penalty. Like the next D Hall personal foul, Kerrigan comes to him on the sideline and says not on my effing defense, I don't care who you think you are. And then a fight breaks out. Even if it were a distraction from the game and we lose because of it, it would be worth it to start that culture change.

I'd like to see Shanahan set that tone but he doesn't. So I'm left craving for a player to do it.

DynamiteRave 11-15-2013 04:04 PM

[quote=Schneed10;1041067]Fletcher is onto something there, but RG3 is the team's leader anyway because there are few others who are remotely capable of making the impact he does. Fletch is that sage voice but he's so ineffective now I wonder how much they listen to him. Hall's playing well but he's no leader. Orakpo is really well respected but he's been hurt a lot. The rest of the quality players on the team are young guys. [B] Kerrigan, Trent, Alfred and RG3.[/B] They're the leaders.

So they're going to lead like young people lead, questionably. People within the locker room probably question them. But they are our core and will grow together into strong leaders.

If we had any depth and didn't have a cap penalty to deal with, then maybe they wouldn't have to be leaders this year.[/quote]

They need to be the leaders anyway, since they're the face of our team. RG3 didn't exactly have a veteran QB show him the ropes, he was kinda thrown to the wolves.

I don't know what RG3 leadership style is like. I don't feel like he's giving rousing halftime speeches or anything. But I do think he'll be perfectly fine in the coming years.

DynamiteRave 11-15-2013 04:07 PM

[quote=Schneed10;1041068]Know what I'd like to see, somebody big and strong and good really get in the face of the next guy to commit a stupid personal foul penalty. Like the next D Hall personal foul, Kerrigan comes to him on the sideline and says not on my effing defense, I don't care who you think you are. And then a fight breaks out. Even if it were a distraction from the game and we lose because of it, it would be worth it to start that culture change.

I'd like to see Shanahan set that tone but he doesn't. So I'm left craving for a player to do it.[/quote]

So.. You're looking for personal accountability? That seems like it needs to start from the coaches down.

I can't remember the last fiery coach/player the Redskins had. And I don't mean stupidly fiery like D. Hall can be but someone who played/coached the entire game with passion. Like you could look in their face and tell that losing was killing them.