Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Skins vs J E T S preview (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=63257)

skinsfaninok 10-13-2015 08:44 PM

Skins vs J E T S preview

Atlanta is in the past, lets look ahead to the Jets.

Both teams are pretty similar, Jets are 14th in offense (24th in pass) (7th rush)
Skins are 11th in offense (18th passing) (12th rush)

Jets rank 2nd in the NFL in defense (2nd pass) (8th rush)
skins rank 6th in defense (8th pass) (12th rush)

They are great in the secondary obviously with Revis back there it'll be a challenge. Offensively they dont scare me much but if we turn it over it wont matter.

Big matchup will be their run defense vs our run offense, it's the key to this game imo. If we can't run the ball I see a long day in NJ.

Thoughts?

SFREDSKIN 10-13-2015 09:34 PM

Re: Skins vs J E T S preview

Jets D will be the toughest D we will face this year. They get Sheldon Richardson back from suspension in addition to the studs they have. Todd Bowles is proving to be a pretty good coach (some people here had questions about him being a Head coach) their weakness (if there is any) is their QB and running game, Fitzpatrick if he's hot can make us pay. Not an easy task on Sunday.

30gut 10-14-2015 09:37 AM

Very tough match-up.
Best defensive we've faced thus far and their offense is decent.

Chico23231 10-14-2015 09:45 AM

[quote=30gut;1125440]Very tough match-up.
Best defensive we've faced thus far and their offense is decent.[/quote]

agree. I worry more about their defense than the offense.

KI Skins Fan 10-14-2015 09:59 AM

The Jets are good and Todd Bowles is a fine coach, IMO. We're going to have to play very well to win this one.

I think our one advantage is (believe it or not) at the QB position. That is, if Kirk has a very good game. Fitzpatrick is playing about as well as he can which, IMO, is nothing special. If Kirk can make accurate throws and avoid the dreaded INT monster, he can be the difference maker in this game. It would help Kirk to have DJax back, as well.

To be clear, I am indeed saying that [U]Kirk needs to win this game for us[/U]. I'm not predicting that he'll do so, I'm simply saying that I think that's what needs to happen for us to win.

But what do I know? It's the NFL so practically anything can happen in most match-ups.

TheMalcolmConnection 10-14-2015 10:08 AM

If we stop the run, they don't have Matt Ryan to bail them out.

Alvin Walton 10-14-2015 12:31 PM

Whaaat?
The Jets suck red baboon ass.
We're going to crush them, see them flee before us and hear the lament of their women.

SFREDSKIN 10-14-2015 12:36 PM

[url=http://nypost.com/2015/10/13/todd-bowles-path-to-jets-began-with-super-bowl-heros-phone-call/]Todd Bowles’ path to Jets began with Super Bowl hero’s phone call | New York Post[/url]

TheMalcolmConnection 10-14-2015 12:58 PM

[quote=Alvin Walton;1125450]Whaaat?
We're going to crush them, see them flee before us and hear the lament of their women.[/quote]

LMAO, one of my favorite quotes. Alvin, what is best in life?

[IMG]http://i.ytimg.com/vi/NzvFNLAnYNw/maxresdefault.jpg[/IMG]

RedskinJake 10-14-2015 03:37 PM

Offensively both teams are similar. Jets have a stout defense this year. I expect this game to be a body bag game. With the Jets rush defense, Kirk will need to throw 45 times and will not have much luck doing it.

23-17 Jets

Hog1 10-14-2015 07:13 PM

[quote=Alvin Walton;1125450]Whaaat?
We're going to crush them, see them flee before us and hear the lament of their women.[/quote]

See, I want to hear Jay go this route on his pregame........
That's What I'm Talkin' Bout'

The Damn lament of their women!!!

That Guy 10-14-2015 10:08 PM

tough game and we've got a lot of injuries. we've played well enough that we have a real chance, but we're going to have to play better in the 2nd half to make it work.

Bishop Hammer 10-15-2015 12:21 AM

I've been checking in on some Jets' message boards; it drives me bollocks reading how they think our boys will be an easy win. I would love for The Skins to show them the what what.

tommahawk 10-15-2015 03:41 AM

From what I have seen the Jets fans are the only ones overconfident, the players all say they got their "hands full". The jets have the advantage of coming off a bye week. Seems last year we played every team after their bye week. I hope its not the same this year. The Redskins need to get the run game working again to win this game. Part of that will depend on stretching the field with Ross, if Jackson can't go, The Falcons had way too many defenders jumping into the running lanes because they didn't fear the deep ball. Gotta do something about that this week...

over the mountain 10-15-2015 11:14 AM

Redskins coach Jay Gruden said they don’t want him to risk further injury in practice.

“We don’t want to have a guy [accidentally] hit him in the neck area or have somebody trip and have him fall and injure himself,” Gruden said. “He’s such a big part of our offense that we want to make sure he is right.”

Others on the Redskins' injury list:

CB DeAngelo Hall: He did not practice because of a sprained toe that caused him to miss the last two games.

TE Jordan Reed: He was at practice for the first time since suffering a concussion two games ago. He was unable to do anything, but last week he couldn’t attend practice. He’s able to attend meetings, too, another good sign. But he still hasn’t been cleared to do any work.

CB Chris Culliver: He was limited because of his injured left knee. Culliver did not wear any pads during the individual portion of practice (his teammates were wearing shells). Culliver wasn’t sure about his chances for Sunday, but said he was feeling better. He never practiced last week before sitting out the Atlanta game.

RB Matt Jones: He bent his toe on the last play of regulation and was limited. He said it’s feeling better.

C Kory Lichtensteiger: He broke a finger and has a ‘messed-up’ shoulder, according to Gruden. He was limited in practice.

DE Stephen Paea: He was limited in practice with a lower back problem.

WR DeSean Jackson: Here’s the update on him; Jackson was limited in practice.

CB Bashaud Breeland: He was limited as well after suffering a right shoulder contusion vs. Atlanta. But he never left the game and he said he can now lift his arm above his shoulder. Breeland was confident he would play vs. the Jets.

[url=http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/20637/redskins-tackle-trent-williams-sits-out-practice-chris-culliver-limited]Trent Williams of Washington Redskins misses practice - Washington Redskins Blog - ESPN[/url]

sooo many injuries to key players. not even counting the guys on IR.