Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Plus and Minus for Jets Exhibition Game (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=63692)

KI Skins Fan 08-20-2016 10:51 AM

Plus and Minus for Jets Exhibition Game

I'll touch on some things and then you guys can take it from there.

Plus

- Colt McCoy played well. I'm very comfortable with him as the backup QB.
- Offensive Line picked it up in this game.
- Spaight is the real deal. He's just going to keep getting better. Good on ST, too.
- Preston Smith is quicker and faster. I think he's going to dominate this season.
- Rookie CB Kendall Fuller can really play. He's smooth as silk.

Minus

- Injury to RB Matt Jones. We need to trade for a RB or sign a street FA .
- Tepid play of backup RB's dictates the above move.
- Our SS group is nothing to brag about. Move Cravens to SS now!
- Kory can't move anybody in run game. Time to go with Long at starting C.

los panda 08-20-2016 10:55 AM

Re: Plus and Minus for Jets Exhibition Game

i thought we should have signed a forte or a foster, not sure who else was/is out there.

i read that matt jones' injury could be something like 6 weeks to 12 weeks, has anyone seen a tighter timeline?

Chico23231 08-20-2016 11:25 AM

Instead of trading backing in the 4th, we should have taken a rb or DL then...very gud prospects on the board at that point.

Water under the bridge...

In regard to the game last night...I thought we flashed well in a lot of areas. We held our own especially the starting defense and our Oline. Run blocking and pass blocking were great

los panda 08-20-2016 11:45 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1145814]Instead of trading backing in the 4th, we should have taken a rb or DL then...very gud prospects on the board at that point.

Water under the bridge...

In regard to the game last night...I thought we flashed well in a lot of areas. We held our own especially the starting defense and our Oline. Run blocking and pass blocking were great[/quote]i wanted prosise in the 3rd but was very happy w fuller there instead. was hoping prosise would fall, very curious to see him play this season.

Chico23231 08-20-2016 01:17 PM

One thing that has stood out in the camp and preseason is the outstanding depth in some areas: the entire secondary, Oline, WR, and Tight End....and now add Inside Linebacker to the group. Garvin and Spaight have flashed well to go along with Riley, foster and Compton.

We got some guys that could like Greg toler and Riley that could be candidates to moved if McC wants to sure up olb or rb depth.

Chico23231 08-20-2016 03:36 PM

[url=http://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/26402/chris-baker-up-kendall-fuller-down-in-redskins-win-over-jets]Chris Baker up, Kendall Fuller down in Washington Redskins' win - Washington Redskins Blog- ESPN[/url]

OmahaRedskins 08-20-2016 06:07 PM

2 down and 2 to go.

So far, only one season ending injury and two serious injuries (Jones and Williams). We have nice depth in some areas and are still thin on the D-line and RB.

It will be interesting to see how many WR's we keep. Is there any chance to make a trade?

Overall, it was hard to tell anything with all of the backup's playing. At the end of the game, I was happy with the performance. That should mean something.

On a side note, I was listening to the NFL channel on Sirius radio and the host said something close to the following. And in Washington, Maybe Jay Gruden can coach a little bit. It amazes me how some of the talking heads stay on the radio.

SFREDSKIN 08-20-2016 10:57 PM

[url=http://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/26076/as-kendal-thompson-tries-to-make-redskins-he-clings-to-native-american-roots]As Kendal Thompson tries to make Redskins, he clings to Native American roots - Washington Redskins Blog- ESPN[/url]

skinsfaninok 08-20-2016 11:02 PM

How long is Jones out? He looked ok before the injury. Our run game probably won't be very strong anyway but still.

Starting d is playing really well right now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Schneed10 08-21-2016 09:28 AM

Really liking the secondary play. Depth is terrific, that will be a very needed thing.

Depth at MLB looks great too.

Nseke, great option as a backup swing tackle.

Scherff has gone next level in run blocking. It's sometimes going unnoticed because other positions along the line are losing battles. But Scherff works into the LB level with ease. If McVay is smart he'll design some play calls to take advantage.

Concerned about the backs like everybody else. I would def sign Pierre Thomas or troll the wire as teams cut down to 53. Didn't Bernard Pierce just get cut?

Love that Jay is protecting the starters.

Cravens appeared to miss some assignments and bite on fakes. Hopefully he learns.

htownskinfan 08-21-2016 09:31 AM

[quote=KI Skins Fan;1145811]I'll touch on some things and then you guys can take it from there.

Plus

- Colt McCoy played well. I'm very comfortable with him as the backup QB.
- Offensive Line picked it up in this game.
- Spaight is the real deal. He's just going to keep getting better. Good on ST, too.
- Preston Smith is quicker and faster. I think he's going to dominate this season.
- Rookie CB Kendall Fuller can really play. He's smooth as silk.

Minus

- Injury to RB Matt Jones. We need to trade for a RB or sign a street FA .
- Tepid play of backup RB's dictates the above move.
- Our SS group is nothing to brag about. Move Cravens to SS now!
- Kory can't move anybody in run game. Time to go with Long at starting C.[/quote]

Pretty much agree with everything here.
Losing Morris makes the Jones injury hurt 5 times as much,what were they thinking!!
Jones got hurt in college,was hurt last yr,why would you go into the season without a backup or not even make an offer to Morris?
We all know how humble Morris is and what a hard worker he is,we should have known after last yr he would be motivated as hell to come back strong SMH

30gut 08-21-2016 10:33 AM

[quote=htownskinfan;1145842]...
Losing Morris makes the Jones injury hurt 5 times as much,what were they thinking!!
Jones got hurt in college,was hurt last yr,why would you go into the season without a backup or not even make an offer to Morris?
We all know how humble Morris is and what a hard worker he is,we should have known after last yr he would be motivated as hell to come back strong SMH[/quote]
Never agreed with the phasing out of Alfmo and subsequent move not to bring him back. Always considered him a better back then Jones.

But, I wouldn't advocate a reaction trade for a RB either or signing some old FA RB. There are always RBs available via practice squad with potential.

Imho the run game will always play second fiddle to the pass game with Jay, and I dont anticipate a paradigm shift that will result in a stout run game regardless of the RB. Unless we draft or sign a stud RB.

Jay will play to his strength the passing game and I believe any offense should aim to follow the HC'S vision.

DYoungJelly 08-21-2016 01:23 PM

[quote=30gut;1145843]Imho the run game will always play second fiddle to the pass game with Jay, and I dont anticipate a paradigm shift that will result in a stout run game regardless of the RB. Unless we draft or sign a stud RB.[/quote]

Agreed.

If Jay would just want to run the ball effectively:

1 the O line wouldn't get blown off the line,
2 the TEs would hold their blocks, and
3 the RBs would start making the correct reads

30gut 08-21-2016 01:35 PM

So we have a better OL, improved TE blocking, and supposedly improved RB but they all suck and that's why don't run the ball better.

Lol, we can play this game all day or we can actually talk football.

Cheers ;)

Chico23231 08-21-2016 02:26 PM

So we rushed for 101 yards on 31 carries against a team and defensive system that was top 5 against the run last year.....what? Did folks watch the game the other night?

We stopped them 9 rushes for 35 yards.

I saw our first team Oline blocking the fuck out of the jets...