Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Redskins Offseason Thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64063)

skinsfaninok 01-12-2018 03:46 PM

Re: Redskins Offseason Thread

I'd take any WR at this point.. They are all upgrades

doughtydoubter 01-12-2018 04:32 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1185547]I'd take any WR at this point.. They are all upgrades[/quote]

Terrell Pryor and Andre Roberts' agents would like you to give them a call.

calia 01-12-2018 04:42 PM

[quote=doughtydoubter;1185545]IF we could get Crabtree or Thomas i would dance a happy tune. I believe a good veteran WR that has some talent is going to help our soon to be drafted Rookie QB immensely. Although- i would still steadily try to keep drafting WRS.
i think there are other interior linemen out there that would be cheaper. I still think Long could be in the mix. Move him back to guard.[/quote]

This is what I would like to see in 2018:

Williams--Long--Roullier--Scherff--Moses

sdskinsfan2001 01-12-2018 05:16 PM

[quote=calia;1185555]This is what I would like to see in 2018:

Williams--Long--Roullier--Scherff--Moses[/quote]

Me too, but Long replaced with rookie/FA.

calia 01-12-2018 05:18 PM

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1185561]Me too, but Long replaced with rookie/FA.[/quote]

Long's natural position is at G. I think he'd be solid there, and a definite upgrade from Luavo. I'd rather go after other positions in FA (WR, FS, ILB, NT come to mind).

sdskinsfan2001 01-12-2018 05:20 PM

[quote=calia;1185562]Long's natural position is at G. I think he'd be solid there, and a definite upgrade from Luavo. I'd rather go after other positions in FA (WR, FS, ILB, NT come to mind).[/quote]

Yeah he's better thab Luavo but I might be too lol. I'd be ok with Long but we can upgrade with a draft pick or FA (I'd prefer a middle pick or Q. Nelson whenever we could get him).

calia 01-12-2018 05:28 PM

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1185563]Yeah he's better thab Luavo but I might be too lol. I'd be ok with Long but we can upgrade with a draft pick or FA (I'd prefer a middle pick or Q. Nelson whenever we could get him).[/quote]

Don't get me wrong -- not averse to picking up a G. I just think Long knows the offense, seems to click with our O-linemen, and at his natural position would enable us to focus on FAs where the need is greater than G.

I really hope we re-sign Zach Brown, or we really have major ILB needs. Foster is good against the run, but doesn't seem like a QB for the D. Compton seems an able QB on D, but his physical skills don't render him a good starter (and he's a FA anyway). Spaight is a work in progress. I keep wondering whether with Kerrigan and Smith locks at OLB whether there's any thought about Ryan Anderson moving inside (I realize they're different positions, but I wouldn't think his physical skills would be unsuited to ILB).

FS is a real need; Swearinger should be a SS. Nicholson certainly flashed, I am not sure he's quite ready for the full time role, and his rookie season had a number of injuries.

And our WR situation is not good -- I think Doctson does take the next step in 2018, but we need someone else (a burner, if possible) on the outside. I like Grant as a solid possession receiver. Would like to see what Mo Harris can do with an expanded role (that catch against the Vikes was sick). And I am very intrigued by Robert Davis' size -- would be great to see him step up and command some playing time. But I think our #2 WR for 2018 isn't on the roster yet.

sdskinsfan2001 01-12-2018 06:16 PM

[quote=calia;1185564]Don't get me wrong -- not averse to picking up a G. I just think Long knows the offense, seems to click with our O-linemen, and at his natural position would enable us to focus on FAs where the need is greater than G.

I really hope we re-sign Zach Brown, or we really have major ILB needs. Foster is good against the run, but doesn't seem like a QB for the D. Compton seems an able QB on D, but his physical skills don't render him a good starter (and he's a FA anyway). Spaight is a work in progress. I keep wondering whether with Kerrigan and Smith locks at OLB whether there's any thought about Ryan Anderson moving inside (I realize they're different positions, but I wouldn't think his physical skills would be unsuited to ILB).

FS is a real need; Swearinger should be a SS. Nicholson certainly flashed, I am not sure he's quite ready for the full time role, and his rookie season had a number of injuries.

And our WR situation is not good -- I think Doctson does take the next step in 2018, but we need someone else (a burner, if possible) on the outside. I like Grant as a solid possession receiver. Would like to see what Mo Harris can do with an expanded role (that catch against the Vikes was sick). And I am very intrigued by Robert Davis' size -- would be great to see him step up and command some playing time. But I think our #2 WR for 2018 isn't on the roster yet.[/quote]

My dream is Roquan Smith and Brown feasting sideline to sideline. I'd franchise tag Brown if we can't get long-term deal.

I agree regarding FS and WR.

calia 01-12-2018 06:23 PM

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1185565][B]My dream is Roquan Smith and Brown feasting sideline to sideline[/B]. I'd franchise tag Brown if we can't get long-term deal.

I agree regarding FS and WR.[/quote]

Now THAT would be something. Feel free to go over the middle, folks. You'll do that once.

Irrefutable 01-12-2018 07:37 PM

[quote=calia;1185564]Don't get me wrong -- not averse to picking up a G. I just think Long knows the offense, seems to click with our O-linemen, and at his natural position would enable us to focus on FAs where the need is greater than G. [B][/B]

And our WR situation is not good -- I think Doctson does take the next step in 2018, but we need someone else (a burner, if possible) on the outside. I like Grant as a solid possession receiver. Would like to see what Mo Harris can do with an expanded role (that catch against the Vikes was sick). And I am very intrigued by Robert Davis' size -- would be great to see him step up and command some playing time. [B][COLOR="Red"][/COLOR][/B]But I think our #2 WR for 2018 isn't on the roster yet.[/quote]

So, do you think Doctson will be WR #1 ? I doubt it.

MTK 01-12-2018 08:06 PM

Doctson certainly has the skills to be a true #1. Way too early to dismiss him.

sdskinsfan2001 01-12-2018 09:23 PM

[quote=MTK;1185568]Doctson certainly has the skills to be a true #1. Way too early to dismiss him.[/quote]

For whatever reason, I still think he's going to be a pro bowl caliber or better player. Hope I'm right. Its his 3rd year, usually when a lot of WRs start "getting it".

Irrefutable 01-12-2018 09:25 PM

[quote=MTK;1185568]Doctson certainly has the skills to be a true #1. Way too early to dismiss him.[/quote]

Doctson is the #77 ranked WR..... he has a long way to go to be a true #1 WR He caught less than 50% of his targeted throws. I hope he develops, but he is a big ?

[url]https://fantasyfootballers.org/wr-wide-receiver-nfl-stats/[/url]

skinsfaninok 01-12-2018 10:13 PM

He's a possession guy that drops the ball too much... not a good combo but we will see

FrenchSkin 01-13-2018 03:39 AM

[quote=calia;1185564]Don't get me wrong -- not averse to picking up a G. I just think Long knows the offense, seems to click with our O-linemen, and at his natural position would enable us to focus on FAs where the need is greater than G.

And our WR situation is not good -- I think Doctson does take the next step in 2018, but we need someone else (a burner, if possible) on the outside. I like Grant as a solid possession receiver. Would like to see what Mo Harris can do with an expanded role (that catch against the Vikes was sick). And I am very intrigued by Robert Davis' size -- would be great to see him step up and command some playing time. But I think our #2 WR for 2018 isn't on the roster yet.[/quote]

I would love to see Ryan Anderson move inside in a 4-3, picture this front 7 (/ = rotates with):

Smith/Galette/Murphy - Allen - Ioannidis/Lanier - Kerrigan

Ryan Anderson - Mason Foster - Zach Brown

Upgrade one or two spots with the FAs/draft picks of your choice and tell me you don't like this D !