Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Predict the top of the draft and bold predictions (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64109)

CRedskinsRule 04-25-2018 08:17 AM

Predict the top of the draft and bold predictions

I figured I would get a poll going of who people predict will be the 1st overall pick of the NFL draft, then for the discussion I wanted to expand it to your top of the draft. Put your prediction here, as far as you are willing to take it. Only feel certain of the top 4? Just post those. Willing to go for the whole first round, post it here.

My bold prediction is that Cleveland takes Barkley 1st, then trades the 4th pick to Buffalo, for 2 1st's and next year's 2nd and takes Lamar Jackson at 12 to sit behind Taylor for 1 to 2 years.

1 - Cleveland - Barkley
2 - NYG - Darnold
3 - NYJ - Mayfield
4 - Buffalo - Rosen
5 - Denver - Chubb
6 - Indy - Nelson
7 - Tampa - Fitzpatrick
8 - Chicago - R Smith

That's what I think are the definitively, possibly, kind of, sortof possible.

Chico23231 04-25-2018 08:49 AM

Re: Predict the top of the draft and bold predictions

No way Barkley goes 1. It would be the worst draft move all time

skinsfaninok 04-25-2018 08:55 AM

Darnold will most likely go 1 and sit a yr behind Tyrod.
Giants take Rosen at 2
Mayfield to JETS at 3
Browns take Chubb at 4
Denver takes Barkley at 5
BILLS takes Allen at 6 TRADE W INDY
Tampa takes Nelson at 7
Bears take Vea at 8
SF Takes James at 9
Raiders take Smith at 10

But who knows. Thank goodness tomorrow is draft day

CRedskinsRule 04-25-2018 09:16 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1192898]No way Barkley goes 1. It would be the worst draft move all time[/quote]

The only reason that makes sense the for all the leaks on which QB the Browns will take is if they are poised to take a QB at 4, and want to get Buffalo or Miami to jump up and give them picks. If that's what they trying to do, you take Barkley at 1, get a trade partner, and take Jackson at around 11-14.

I think it would be a very smart and effective way to get the best players on his board.

I don't think any of these qb's are Carson Wentz or even Deshaun Watson, and I think Dorsey will take the best player in the draft, not force a QB

Chico23231 04-25-2018 10:10 AM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1192900]The only reason that makes sense the for all the leaks on which QB the Browns will take is if they are poised to take a QB at 4, and want to get Buffalo or Miami to jump up and give them picks. If that's what they trying to do, you take Barkley at 1, get a trade partner, and take Jackson at around 11-14.

I think it would be a very smart and effective way to get the best players on his board.

I don't think any of these qb's are Carson Wentz or even Deshaun Watson, and I think Dorsey will take the best player in the draft, not force a QB[/quote]

Strongly disagree. No way you chance not getting "your guy" first pick at the QB position. If they go Barkley at 1, the Giants will field at least 10 calls from teams with stupid trade offers to move up and the G-men will move down. We know Jets are going QB at 3...So you then position yourself possibly with 3rd choice of QB...this would be a nightmare for the Browns.

The risk is much greater of not getting your QB you want at 4 than Barkley not being there. Barkley easily could slide to 4.

Jackson is the QB out of this draft? then if you think that, you take him at 4...that's the only way Id wait.

simbosargos75 04-25-2018 10:18 AM

Cle-Allen
NYG-Darnold
NYJ-Rosen
BUF-Mayfield
Den-Chubb
IND-Nelson
TB-James

Edit: Missed Barkley, duh.

Den-Barkley
IND-Chubb
TB-James
CHI-Nelson

I think NE jumps in to the top 10 to get Lamar Jackson somewhere, just not sure where. Ahead of Miami.

I also think McGlinchey goes top 10.

Both of those things would be fantastic for us.

MTK 04-25-2018 10:23 AM

The time for overthinking is definitely here. If I’m the Browns I’m taking a QB, Darnold or Rosen. You can’t dick around with losing out on your top QB choice.

EARTHQUAKE2689 04-25-2018 10:24 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1192898]No way Barkley goes 1. It would be the worst draft move all time[/quote]

There is no possible way you can say that with a straight face and mean it.

None of these "elite" QBs have separated themselves, Barkley is the number 1 prospect, if I am Cleveland I take Barkley and whichever QB falls to 4, they are guaranteed a QB regardless what they do

sdskinsfan2001 04-25-2018 10:31 AM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;1192909]There is no possible way you can say that with a straight face and mean it.

None of these "elite" QBs have separated themselves, Barkley is the number 1 prospect, if I am Cleveland I take Barkley and whichever QB falls to 4, they are guaranteed a QB regardless what they do[/quote]

I'm with you on this one. I'd go so far as to take Barkley at 1 and Chubb (if a run on Qbs happen at 2/3) at 4 and use their extra picks to trade up and get Jackson or Rudolph. Browns need good football players. Those 2 guys are best/safest in the draft.

This qb class is weird. A lot of talent but just as many holes and questions.

EARTHQUAKE2689 04-25-2018 10:36 AM

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1192912]I'm with you on this one. I'd go so far as to take Barkley at 1 and Chubb (if a run on Qbs happen at 2/3) at 4 and use their extra picks to trade up and get Jackson or Rudolph. Browns need good football players. Those 2 guys are best/safest in the draft.

This qb class is weird. A lot of talent but just as many holes and questions.[/quote]

Exactly, there is no Andrew Luck or John Elway prospect, they are all basically the same guy with a different name. Barkley can help that new QB and for all the crap people say about not drafting a RB until the 7th round or whatever, you notice that all the good teams that don't have Brady or Rodgers have upper level talent at RB, build the OL all you want if your RB sucks your team will still suffer like it did when Zeke went out.

skinsfaninok 04-25-2018 10:54 AM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;1192913]Exactly, there is no Andrew Luck or John Elway prospect, they are all basically the same guy with a different name. Barkley can help that new QB and for all the crap people say about not drafting a RB until the 7th round or whatever, you notice that all the good teams that don't have Brady or Rodgers have upper level talent at RB, build the OL all you want if your RB sucks your team will still suffer like it did when Zeke went out.[/quote]

In all fairness what has Luck really done? Dude hasn't played a game in well over a yr. It's always impossible damn near to predict a QB's future. Who would have thought Kirk Cousins would be a better / more durable QB than Luck that draft?

KI Skins Fan 04-25-2018 11:00 AM

I'd say Darnold because most of the draft gurus say that's who it will be. I don't like it though. What exactly stands out about him? look at the others:

Rosen - Most NFL ready.
Allen - Strongest arm.
Mayfield - Most accurate.
Jackson - Most athletic.

Would they pick him based on the least negatives? I wouldn't but, as we all know, the Browns could mismanage a two car parade. So it's Darnold.

KI Skins Fan 04-25-2018 11:16 AM

Browns - Darnold
Giants - Nelson
Jets - Mayfield
Browns - Barkley
Denver - Chubb
Indy - Rosen
Tampa - James
Bears - Vea
SF - Fitzpatrick
Raiders - Smith

Schneed10 04-25-2018 11:21 AM

[quote=KI Skins Fan;1192921]Browns - Darnold
Giants - Nelson
Jets - Mayfield
Browns - Barkley
Denver - Chubb
Indy - Rosen
Tampa - James
Bears - Vea
SF - Fitzpatrick
Raiders - Smith[/quote]

Holy shit Indy takes Rosen? Talk about bold (and nonsensical) predictions.

Writing off Luck makes no medical sense.

EARTHQUAKE2689 04-25-2018 11:29 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1192915][B]In all fairness what has Luck really done?[/B] Dude hasn't played a game in well over a yr. It's always impossible damn near to predict a QB's future. Who would have thought Kirk Cousins would be a better / more durable QB than Luck that draft?[/quote]

That is speaking with the benefit of hindsight which is always 20/20, when coming out there was NO question that Luck was going number 1 regardless who else was in that draft with him, here there are literally 4 or 5 possible that can go number 1, so since I have two picks in the top 4 I am guaranteed a QB on the same level as the other 3, so why would I not take the best overall prospect at number 1? That being Barkley, which we have seen rookie RBs take the league by storm over the last few years. That QB now QB now mentality for the sake of passing over the better player ruins teams Justas much as it makes them.