Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Training Camp 2018 (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64139)

CRedskinsRule 07-23-2018 11:14 AM

Training Camp 2018

So ready for the football season to start! The next step is the start of training camp. Are people going this year? post pictures here!

Has anyone heard who might start out on the PUP list. Gotta expect Jordan Reed, maybe even Trent will just as precautions.

Love to hear about Guice, and Payne's performances. They will both be important to the success of this season.

Schneed10 07-23-2018 11:59 AM

Re: Training Camp 2018

Never heard of Darrius Guice. Heard of Derrius Guice tho.

[YT]XTPxEwfNTJc?t=1m48s[/YT]

Schneed10 07-23-2018 12:51 PM

Based on Trent's performance in those agility drills posted to Twitter last week that he was running with Adrian Peterson, I think he'll be full go for camp.

I didn't mark Reed as someone I'm interested in watching during camp. I know what he can do, I'm just interested in seeing if he'll be healthy for Week 1. I assume he will but that might be dumb. So instead of watching him in camp I'll watch to see if he suits up for any preseason, or if he starts on PUP, or what Gruden has to say post-camp about his health status.

Dude is made of glass, drives me crazy. But he's so important.

I'm interested in watching just about everything else in camp. Put the impact of Paul Richardson's speed at the top of the list. Hoping to hear about plenty of deep bombs in the arsenal.

Meks 07-23-2018 01:19 PM

i will be watching for the offense coming together. Will Richardson really provide the take the top off the defense and deep threat we signed him to be. Will Guice continue to impress. Can we stay healthy. Etc Etc.

mooby 07-23-2018 01:30 PM

I'm hoping Guice has a strong camp and makes an impression early. Still think it will take some time to settle Smith into the offense, if Guice can seize the lead back role it will take some pressure off him and hopefully open things up for the passing game (and Richardson/Doctson/Crowder by extension).

skinsfaninok 07-23-2018 02:01 PM

They need to wrap 86 in bubble wrap until Sept.

skinsfan69 07-23-2018 02:31 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1196810]They need to wrap 86 in bubble wrap until Sept.[/quote]

It's time to move on from the guy if he gets hurt again. The first day of camp he should be a full go. There is no reason for him to have any injuries right now. And not letting him have any contact isn't doing him any good. He needs to get his body ready for a full season. He needs to be doing some hitting day one.

skinsfan69 07-23-2018 02:34 PM

[quote=mooby;1196809]I'm hoping Guice has a strong camp and makes an impression early. Still think it will take some time to settle Smith into the offense, if Guice can seize the lead back role it will take some pressure off him and hopefully open things up for the passing game (and Richardson/Doctson/Crowder by extension).[/quote]

I know everyone is high on Guice. But I'd slow down on that. We still have huge holes in the interior of the line. Plus our two best TE's can not block a kicker. I've never seen two TE's in Reed and Davis that just don't have the ability to move anyone off the ball. If we have 2 TE sets with those two it basically has to be a pass play 99.9% of the time.

Irrefutable 07-23-2018 02:39 PM

Let's see if Doctson is ready to step up. And obviously, can Reed stay healthy?

As well as;

CBs
LG
RB
DL
S

Just about every position has big questions.

CRedskinsRule 07-23-2018 03:01 PM

[quote=Irrefutable;1196813]Let's see if Doctson is ready to step up. And obviously, can Reed stay healthy?

As well as;

CBs
LG
RB
DL
S

[B]Just about every position has big questions.[/B][/quote]
I don't feel that way at all. I'm sure it's kool aid based, but I think the first team players across the board are in the solid to very good range. I don't think there is one position group that I feel is questionable about being able to go out and play at a winning level against any competition.

skinsfaninok 07-23-2018 03:32 PM

[quote=skinsfan69;1196811]It's time to move on from the guy if he gets hurt again. The first day of camp he should be a full go. There is no reason for him to have any injuries right now. And not letting him have any contact isn't doing him any good. He needs to get his body ready for a full season. He needs to be doing some hitting day one.[/quote]

I thought it was time last yr, still do. Yeah dude has impressive stats (when he actually plays) but that is rare. I think this will be his last chance in DC to prove he can stay on the field.

Chico23231 07-23-2018 03:38 PM

[quote=skinsfan69;1196811]It's time to move on from the guy if he gets hurt again. The first day of camp he should be a full go. There is no reason for him to have any injuries right now. And not letting him have any contact isn't doing him any good. He needs to get his body ready for a full season. He needs to be doing some hitting day one.[/quote]

if I can remember from looking at his contract details, it becomes very easy to move on after this season. I love the guy when healthy...if Alex Smith is successful in the passing game...we need the RBs to first step up and then the TE to work the underneath stuff. A Smith is a big TE guy.

skinsfaninok 07-23-2018 03:49 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1196816]if I can remember from looking at his contract details, it becomes very easy to move on after this season. I love the guy when healthy...if Alex Smith is successful in the passing game...we need the RBs to first step up and then the TE to work the underneath stuff. A Smith is a big TE guy.[/quote]

Smith has gotten better down field (big time) but he needs that middle of the field to open that up. VD could have a big yr as well

Irrefutable 07-23-2018 04:41 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1196814]I don't feel that way at all. I'm sure it's kool aid based, but I think the first team players across the board are in the solid to very good range. I don't think there is one position group that I feel is questionable about being able to go out and play at a winning level against any competition.[/quote]

The Redskins were #21 on defense and #16 on offense until they get into the top 10 there will be questions.

WR is big ?
TE is a big? Can Reed play 10+ games?
OL LG and inside depth?
DL on paper looks good, they must prove themselves
CB/ Slot ?
S coverage/depth?

CRedskinsRule 07-23-2018 04:51 PM

[quote=Irrefutable;1196819]The Redskins were #21 on defense and #16 on offense until they get into the top 10 there will be questions.

WR is big ?
TE is a big? Can Reed play 10+ games?
OL LG and inside depth?
DL on paper looks good, they must prove themselves
CB/ Slot ?
S coverage/depth?[/quote]

The numbers were skewed big time due to injury/KC (mainly was he playing for stats vs wins?)

Like I said, I think our first team positional units are pretty strong
WR - Crowder Doctson, Richardson is a solid group that I think KC will make better. They may not be elite, but defenses won't sleep on them.

TE - VD and Sprinkle are good reliable TEs Reed being healthy would vault the unit to elite.

OL - 2 probowl players 2 standout players and a serviceable player, again not elite, but not riddled with question marks

DL - before injuries, Ionnaidis and Allen were beasts against the run and pass. We added Payne, and good depth with the VT guy.

CB - I'll take our starting 3 against most of the league

Safeties - Same.

Our keys are health, and good bounces. We have as solid a team as the Skins have had under Snyder, and it's young. I am really excited for the next 3-4 years.

DYoungJelly 07-23-2018 08:18 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1196820]The numbers were skewed big time due to injury/KC (mainly was he playing for stats vs wins?)

Like I said, I think our first team positional units are pretty strong
WR - Crowder Doctson, Richardson is a solid group that I think KC will make better. They may not be elite, but defenses won't sleep on them.

TE - VD and Sprinkle are good reliable TEs Reed being healthy would vault the unit to elite.

OL - 2 probowl players 2 standout players and a serviceable player, again not elite, but not riddled with question marks

DL - before injuries, Ionnaidis and Allen were beasts against the run and pass. We added Payne, and good depth with the VT guy.

CB - I'll take our starting 3 against most of the league

Safeties - Same.

Our keys are health, and good bounces. We have as solid a team as the Skins have had under Snyder, and it's young. I am really excited for the next 3-4 years.[/quote]

Who are our starting 3 cbs?

CRedskinsRule 07-23-2018 08:47 PM

[quote=DYoungJelly;1196824]Who are our starting 3 cbs?[/quote]

[IMG]http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nfl/players/full/15124.png&w=350&h=254[/IMG]
[IMG]https://figurineforall.com/images/thumbnails/280/377/product/23/diamond_ghostbusters_bank_stay_puft_happy_24inch.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/shrek/images/9/90/Dragon-Shrek-psd32201.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/310?cb=20121020143729[/IMG]

no seriously, Norman is a top 10 corner, Moreau will play opposite him, and Scandrick will be starting at slot. Although Dunbar may play opposite Norman and Moreau plays slot.

We have a treasure trove of talent at CB and a coach who will make it excel.

CRedskinsRule 07-23-2018 08:54 PM

when you look at our 1st and 2nd team roster, I think it's really strong(except for punt returner :( ):
listing from [URL="http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/WAS"]ourlads[/URL]
LWR Doctson, Josh 16/1 Quick, Brian U/LAR
RWR Crowder, Jamison 15/4 Harris, Maurice CF16
SWR Richardson, Paul U/Sea Davis, Robert 17/6

LT Williams, Trent 10/1 NSEKHE, TY SF15
LG LAUVAO, SHAWN U/Cle Kalis, Kyle W/Ind
C Roullier, Chase 17/6 Rhaney, Demetrius SF17
RG Scherff, Brandon 15/1 Catalina, Tyler CF17
RT Moses, Morgan 14/3 Clemmings, TJ W/Min
TE Reed, Jordan 13/3 DAVIS, VERNON U/Den

QB SMITH, ALEX T/KC MCCOY, COLT U/SF
RB Guice, Derrius 18/2 Kelley, Rob CF16
RB Thompson Chris

DEFENSE
DE Allen, Jonathan 17/1 Barnes, Tavaris SF17
NT Payne, Da'Ron 18/1 HOOD, ZIGGY SF16
DE McGee, Stacy U/Oak Ioannidis, Matt 16/5

SLB Smith, Preston 15/2 Anderson, Ryan 17/2
MLB Foster, Mason SF15 Spaight, Martrell 15/5
MLB Brown, Zach U/Buf Vigil, Zach W/Mia
WLB Kerrigan, Ryan 11/1 McPhee, Pernell CC/Chi

LCB SCANDRICK, ORLANDO CC/Dal Moreau, Fabian 17/3
SS Everett, Deshazor CF15 Nicholson, Montae 17/4
FS Swearinger, DJ U/Arz Apke, Troy 18/4
RCB NORMAN, JOSH U/Car Dunbar, Quinton CF15

SPECIAL TEAMS
P Way, Tress W/Chi
PK Hopkins, Dustin SF15
LS SUNDBERG, NICK SF10
H Way, Tress W/Chi
KO Hopkins, Dustin SF15
PR Crowder, Jamison 15/4
KR Perine, Samaje 17/4

FrenchSkin 07-24-2018 04:19 AM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1196829]when you look at our 1st and 2nd team roster, I think it's really strong(except for punt returner :( ):
listing from [URL="http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/WAS"]ourlads[/URL]
LWR Doctson, Josh 16/1 Quick, Brian U/LAR
RWR Crowder, Jamison 15/4 Harris, Maurice CF16
SWR Richardson, Paul U/Sea Davis, Robert 17/6

LT Williams, Trent 10/1 NSEKHE, TY SF15
LG LAUVAO, SHAWN U/Cle Kalis, Kyle W/Ind
C Roullier, Chase 17/6 Rhaney, Demetrius SF17
RG Scherff, Brandon 15/1 Catalina, Tyler CF17
RT Moses, Morgan 14/3 Clemmings, TJ W/Min
TE Reed, Jordan 13/3 DAVIS, VERNON U/Den

QB SMITH, ALEX T/KC MCCOY, COLT U/SF
RB Guice, Derrius 18/2 Kelley, Rob CF16
RB Thompson Chris

DEFENSE
DE Allen, Jonathan 17/1 Barnes, Tavaris SF17
NT Payne, Da'Ron 18/1 HOOD, ZIGGY SF16
DE McGee, Stacy U/Oak Ioannidis, Matt 16/5

SLB Smith, Preston 15/2 Anderson, Ryan 17/2
MLB Foster, Mason SF15 Spaight, Martrell 15/5
MLB Brown, Zach U/Buf Vigil, Zach W/Mia
WLB Kerrigan, Ryan 11/1 McPhee, Pernell CC/Chi

LCB SCANDRICK, ORLANDO CC/Dal Moreau, Fabian 17/3
SS Everett, Deshazor CF15 Nicholson, Montae 17/4
FS Swearinger, DJ U/Arz Apke, Troy 18/4
RCB NORMAN, JOSH U/Car Dunbar, Quinton CF15

SPECIAL TEAMS
P Way, Tress W/Chi
PK Hopkins, Dustin SF15
LS SUNDBERG, NICK SF10
H Way, Tress W/Chi
KO Hopkins, Dustin SF15
PR Crowder, Jamison 15/4
KR Perine, Samaje 17/4[/quote]

Everett over Nicholson ? McGee over Ioannidis ? ... Makes you question the accuracy of ourlads ...

I'm eager to see competition at:

[B]CBs[/B]: I'd love one of the young guys to win the starting job over Scandrick (who'd become our insurance swing CB). Obviously that young guy could/should be Moreau. But maybe Stroman, Holsey and Alexander have something to say about that.

[B]OL[/B]: the starting line up seems to be pretty much locked, but I'm looking forward to see what combinations can be tested in pre-season with Geron Christian in the mix.

[B]ILBs[/B]: Brown and Foster are our legit starters, but pre-season should allow to see how Shaun Dion Hamilton adapts to the NFL, and where he ranks compared to Spaight and Zach Vigil (the last one I like a lot).

skinsfaninok 07-24-2018 08:25 AM

[quote=DYoungJelly;1196824]Who are our starting 3 cbs?[/quote]

Norman, Dunbar and Scandrick probably

MTK 07-24-2018 10:40 AM

Won't be long until Moreau pushes his way into more playing time.

Schneed10 07-24-2018 12:13 PM

[quote=MTK;1196848]Won't be long until Moreau pushes his way into more playing time.[/quote]

I'm looking for signs of that during camp, for sure. If he's fully healthy and as talented as we thought out of the draft, he should be capable of giving Quinton Dunbar (a converted corner) a run for his money.

Year 2 is when players should be making the leap. If he doesn't push past Scandrick and Dunbar I think I'll actually be pretty disappointed.

sdskinsfan2001 07-24-2018 12:25 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1196810]They need to wrap 86 in bubble wrap until Sept.[/quote]

[IMG]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/npJWSg4yV1Q/maxresdefault.jpg[/IMG]

sdskinsfan2001 07-24-2018 12:28 PM

They need to make preseason part of the Sunday ticket. Want to watch all of our starting offensive drives.

I'm most excited to see how good our defensive front 7 can be with the additional picks and full health.

skinsfaninok 07-24-2018 02:25 PM

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1196855]They need to make preseason part of the Sunday ticket. Want to watch all of our starting offensive drives.

I'm most excited to see how good our defensive front 7 can be with the additional picks and full health.[/quote]

I agree , I asked a DTV Rep that a couple years ago and they said the local markets own the rights to PS games.

skinsfaninok 07-24-2018 02:33 PM

Per Paul Woody of the Richmond Times - Dispatch

Josh Doctson had a "precautionary" MRI on his leg Monday..

MTK 07-24-2018 02:54 PM

[QUOTE=skinsfaninok;1196857]Per Paul Woody of the Richmond Times - Dispatch

Josh Doctson had a "precautionary" MRI on his leg Monday..[/QUOTE]

Keyword precautionary because otherwise he’s a full go for camp, same for Trent and Thompson, all 100%

skinsfaninok 07-24-2018 02:55 PM

[quote=MTK;1196858]Keyword precautionary because otherwise he’s a full go for camp, same for Trent and Thompson, all 100%[/quote]

That is great news for sure, CT was on Sirius NFL yesterday and said he feels great. That combo of Guice/CT/Perine could be nasty

Ruhskins 07-24-2018 03:45 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1196859]That is great news for sure, CT was on Sirius NFL yesterday and said he feels great. That combo of Guice/CT/Perine could be nasty[/quote]

You really think Perine is going to stick around with all the fumbling he does?

MTK 07-24-2018 04:10 PM

[QUOTE=Ruhskins;1196861]You really think Perine is going to stick around with all the fumbling he does?[/QUOTE]

He fumbled twice last year.

If it comes down to Perine or Kelley yeah I’d keep Perine.

Ruhskins 07-24-2018 04:38 PM

Oh boy.

[URL="https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/redskins-wr-josh-doctson-underwent-precautionary-mri-leg-report"]Redskins WR Josh Doctson underwent 'precautionary MRI' on leg, per NBC sports report[/URL]

Schneed10 07-24-2018 04:57 PM

You get an MRI done when something is bothering you. It's done on a precautionary basis when you want to confirm your thinking that it's not going to show damage like tears or strains.

But recall Doctson's achilles issues from his rookie season never showed any damage on the MRIs either. They never really could explain what was causing his pain, they just said rest it. So he did, for an entire season pretty much.

Until I see him running around as a full participant, I'm going to feel very nervous about this.

Chico23231 07-24-2018 05:42 PM

[quote=Schneed10;1196864]You get an MRI done when something is bothering you. It's done on a precautionary basis when you want to confirm your thinking that it's not going to show damage like tears or strains.

But recall Doctson's achilles issues from his rookie season never showed any damage on the MRIs either. They never really could explain what was causing his pain, they just said rest it. So he did, for an entire season pretty much.

Until I see him running around as a full participant, I'm going to feel very nervous about this.[/quote]

Pretty much this...Malcolm Kelly needs to be on the field getting on work especially with a new qb in town.

sdskinsfan2001 07-24-2018 06:44 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1196865]Pretty much this...Malcolm Kelly needs to be on the field getting on work especially with a new qb in town.[/quote]

I see what you did there.

sdskinsfan2001 07-24-2018 06:46 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1196856]I agree , I asked a DTV Rep that a couple years ago and they said the local markets own the rights to PS games.[/quote]

Doesn't make any sense. Then black it out on DirecTV locally. I don't see how anyone benefits from a person outside of that market not getting to watch the pre season games. Oh well. Its never gonna change.

FrenchSkin 07-24-2018 08:24 PM

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1196869]Doesn't make any sense. Then black it out on DirecTV locally. I don't see how anyone benefits from a person outside of that market not getting to watch the pre season games. Oh well. Its never gonna change.[/quote]

I got the European GamePass I got the European GamePass ! Preseason games all day long if I feel like it :woot::woot::woot:

:laughing2

Seriously though, I'd consider buying a Euro GamePass and using it via a VPN software if I lived in the US... Such a better product.

sdskinsfan2001 07-24-2018 09:18 PM

[quote=FrenchSkin;1196872]I got the European GamePass I got the European GamePass ! Preseason games all day long if I feel like it :woot::woot::woot:

:laughing2

Seriously though, I'd consider buying a Euro GamePass and using it via a VPN software if I lived in the US... Such a better product.[/quote]

I'm gonna be the old clueless guy soon because I don't know what VPN means.

FrenchSkin 07-25-2018 05:20 AM

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1196874]I'm gonna be the old clueless guy soon because I don't know what VPN means.[/quote]

It's a software that protects your data, and allows you to create a false IP in the country of your choice.
You can make the website you're logging on "believe" that you're in another country than the one you're actually in.
I used this once because I went on a trip to Japan and wanted to be able to use my GamePass, worked perfectly.

Euro GamePass is 189€/y (=221$), all preseason games, all regular season games, all playoff games, live and on unlimited demand.
Broadcast, condensed and coaches films (All 22) versions available.
Plus all SB archives, and NFLN archives.

I have no idea what would happen if you were to get "caught"...

Schneed10 07-25-2018 09:05 AM

In this article there's a video of DaRon Payne highlights at Alabama. I hadn't noticed until now, but Saban wasn't shy about using Payne as a lead blocking fullback around the goal line.

Gruden should take note, he's effective with it. Moves his feet well enough to get into proper position and secure the block. We could use help pounding the ball in at the goal line.

[url]https://www.redskins.com/news/seven-things-we-ve-learned-about-daron-payne[/url]

MTK 07-25-2018 09:17 AM

[url]https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/need-know-11-redskins-predictions-defense[/url]

[url]https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/need-know-11-redskins-predictions-offense[/url]