Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   NFL Draft Rounds 4-7 (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64369)

SFREDSKIN 04-28-2019 11:25 AM

Re: NFL Draft Rounds 4-7

[quote=Defensewins;1222898]131. Washington Redskins: Wes Martin, Guard, Indiana

Strengths: Size, reliability

Weaknesses: Athleticism

Martin is a sturdy, nuthin’-fancy interior lineman. Washington’s running backs will appreciate having Martin in the mix of players blocking in front of them. Once those running backs are done throwing emoji shade on the internet, anyway.

Grade: C+

My take: kid looks like a good blue collar hard working guard. Could become a good starter.. My issue is we waited so late to take our biggest need Position that has been a hole for years.[/quote]

Roullier was a 6th rounder, how did that pan out? People focus too much on what round a player is picked.

Defensewins 04-28-2019 11:41 AM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;1222907]Roullier was a 6th rounder, how did that pan out? People focus too much on what round a player is picked.[/quote]

I counter with, the last time we used first round pick on O lineman it was Brandon Scherff and Trent Williams. How did that pan out?
Brandon Scherff and Trent Williams > Roullier

Kope 04-28-2019 12:27 PM

[quote=Defensewins;1222908]I counter with, the last time we used first round pick on O lineman it was Brandon Scherff and Trent Williams. How did that pan out?
Brandon Scherff and Trent Murphy > Roullier[/quote]

I am assuming you ment Trent Williams : P

Jeff Bostic / Joe Jacoby undrafted
Mark Schlereth 10th round
Andre Johnson 1st round

The larger point is there are good players all over the draft, and it seems OL is a position that has more undrafted and low round over-performers as it is less predicated on athletic ability and more on brains and consistency.

** and the cap is a huge factor in having to pay for top flight talent at any position **

los panda 04-28-2019 12:45 PM

Later rounds are a crapshoot, roll the dice as often as possible.

Double digit draft picks is awesome, especially after trading back into the 1st.

Sent from a payphone using Tapatalk

budw38 04-28-2019 03:27 PM

[quote=REDSKINS4ever;1222903]I'm very satisfied with this draft....the sleeper pick in my opinion was Cole Holcomb....he's a tackling machine in the mold of London Fletcher/Neal Olkawicz.....[/quote]
Looks like a really solid ILB … and very fast 4.48 40 . Our 7th rd pick ( OLB ) , OK ST , could very well make the roster , very quick . FYI , do not be surprised if T. Catalina wins the LG spot , unless one of our rookies has a great camp