Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   DHall thinks Bill Callahan could get the HC job next year (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64474)

sdskinsfan2001 10-08-2019 02:01 PM

Re: DHall thinks Bill Callahan could get the HC job next year

If we keep Callahan as HC I am going to find a MIB memory eraser and pick a new team.

MTK 10-08-2019 02:12 PM

Re: Bill Callahan

[quote=Schneed10;1233749]Yeah agree. The only glimmer of hope we have is if Snyder gets starry-eyed over an established name and turns over full autonomy of football operations in order to land that big name. That gets Bruce out of the equation and you end up with a Gibbs II or Shanahan style situation, which admittedly were not overly successful but they were better than anything we put out there with Bruce leading football operations.

If we end up with Callahan to coach and Bruce is still overseeing football operations, that's same shit different day. Perfect term for it.

I'm in favor of ANY METHOD of removing Bruce Allen from football operations. If that method is trade a 1st round pick for Mike Tomlin and give Mike Tomlin full autonomy, it may be a shitty deal, but it's still better than having Bruce involved.[/quote]

Tomlin would interest me if the deal was he gets to pick his own GM. Otherwise he'd be dealing with the same BS no other coaches have been able to overcome here.

calia 10-08-2019 02:23 PM

[quote=MTK;1233761]Tomlin would interest me if the deal was he gets to pick his own GM. Otherwise he'd be dealing with the same BS no other coaches have been able to overcome here.[/quote]

If Bruce Allen is still affiliated with this team on Jan. 1, I am probably going to turn over a new leaf and find another team to support. 30 years (almost) of no relevance is more than enough.

Frankly, I'd love to see a new GM and Cowher (I doubt he'd ever bite, but I always loved him as a coach).

mooby 10-08-2019 02:27 PM

I will fucking rage if Bill Callahan gets this job because nobody else wants to play with this turd.

Only Dan Snyder could endorse a guy who's 30 games under .500 in his decade-long tenure with the team. Bruce Allen you fucking hack.

Schneed10 10-08-2019 02:44 PM

[quote=MTK;1233761]Tomlin would interest me if the deal was he gets to pick his own GM. Otherwise he'd be dealing with the same BS no other coaches have been able to overcome here.[/quote]

Agree. In retrospect, Joe Gibbs II was amazingly successful compared to all others. Made the playoffs twice, delivered the last playoff victory, all without a franchise QB.

You really do have to grade everyone on the Dan Snyder curve.

skinsfaninok 10-08-2019 02:45 PM

[quote=calia;1233762]If Bruce Allen is still affiliated with this team on Jan. 1, I am probably going to turn over a new leaf and find another team to support. 30 years (almost) of no relevance is more than enough.

Frankly, I'd love to see a new GM and Cowher (I doubt he'd ever bite, but I always loved him as a coach).[/quote]

I won't pick another team but I will just stop watching the skins

Buffalo Bob 10-08-2019 03:14 PM

[quote=Schneed10;1233767]Agree. In retrospect, Joe Gibbs II was amazingly successful compared to all others. Made the playoffs twice, delivered the last playoff victory, all without a franchise QB.

[B]You really do have to grade everyone on the Dan Snyder curve[/B].[/quote]

Joe Gibbs 124-60 .673 pct without Snyder

Joe Gibbs 30-34 .468 pct with Snyder

skinsfaninok 10-08-2019 03:24 PM

Lavar " The root of the issue is Dan Snyder, he is the problem and it won't change until the right people control the team"

CRedskinsRule 10-08-2019 03:34 PM

I wonder if Callahan makes any hard push in the TW situation. IF he is trying to be the long term head coach taking a defining role in resolving that would make an impact in the locker room.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

jamf 10-08-2019 04:06 PM

Snyder does thing in patterns.
He went Veteran QB to Rookie QB to Vet to Rook to Vet back to Rook.
He does the same with coaches. Gruden was a first time HC in the NFL, The next HC will be a proven veteran HC with superbowl experience.

The Redskins 2020 Coaching staff will be:
HC - Dick Vermeil
OC - Kurt Warner
DC - Landon Flecther
GM - Kay Adams

Im not sure Vermeil is alive but we could Ginzberg that fucker if needed.

Buffalo Bob 10-08-2019 04:41 PM

[quote=jamf;1233779]Snyder does thing in patterns.
He went Veteran QB to Rookie QB to Vet to Rook to Vet back to Rook.
He does the same with coaches. Gruden was a first time HC in the NFL, The next HC will be a proven veteran HC with superbowl experience.

The Redskins 2020 Coaching staff will be:
HC - [B]Dick Vermeil[/B]
OC - Kurt Warner
DC - Landon Flecther
GM - Kay Adams

Im not sure Vermeil is alive but we could Ginzberg that fucker if needed.[/quote]

Vermeil is alive and healthy but 82 years old. I know you are joking, but even if he was 30 years younger the Redskins after having a softie like Jay Gruden definitely do not need a coach who cries at press conferences.

I wonder what would happen in today's NFL if you had a hard ass like Vince Lombardi as a head coach.

AnonEmouse 10-08-2019 06:56 PM

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1233760]If we keep Callahan as HC I am going to find a MIB memory eraser and pick a new team.[/quote]
Surely you'd use it on Snyder and Allen, and convince them they were a retired comedy duo? Not that far from the truth...

skinsfaninok 10-08-2019 10:45 PM

Mike Tomlin was asked about the skins job today and he beat around the Bush, did not say no to it. [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SFREDSKIN 10-08-2019 10:49 PM

I would seriously consider O’Connell, let’s see his play calling starting Sunday.

[url]https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/kevin-oconnell-lincoln-riley-rundown-potential-redskins-head-coach-candidates[/url]

[url]https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/kevin_oconnell_being_considered_by_redskins_for_head_coaching_job/s1_14819_30209441[/url]

CRedskinsRule 10-08-2019 10:51 PM

I think Jedi Mind tricks are the way to go.

Mr Snyder, this is not the football team you purchased.

You are not the owner of the Redskins.

You do like midgets.