Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   QB or BPA for our #1 Draft Pick - 2020 (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64510)

Number44 01-25-2020 07:37 PM

Re: QB or BPA for our #1 Draft Pick - 2020

[quote=skinsfaninok;1243555]If we got 5 and 18 for #2 I would not be mad at making that move but I don't see that happening, [B]Tua will not go to NY OR DET so the Phins are fine at #5[/B][/quote]

This assumes that neither DET nor NYG would trade down.

skinsfanmdc 01-25-2020 08:37 PM

Your taking chase young period. Why is all the pro evaluators and pro players saying take chase but the casual fan wanna trade down lol.

skinsfanmdc 01-25-2020 08:55 PM

Redskins fans your overthinking this. Cinci is taking the qb. Detroit is looking to move out the 3rd pick. NYG are not taking a qb. So either Miami moved to 3 or 4 makes sense. Please watch Daniel J and Bucky Brooks mock it makes more sense instead of a fan randomly making dream choices over a favorite college player they have.

Warthog 01-25-2020 11:45 PM

QB or BPA for our #1 Draft Pick - 2020

The new Redskins leadership wants Chase Young. Both RR and Del Rio have said positive things about getting him. I mean if you're taking over a weak defense and you want a quick turn around toward making it elite this upcoming season, you need to add top-end talent. Certainly, adding the best defensive player in the draft is a quick and long-lasting fix. Nothing is guaranteed in the draft, but its as close to a perfect upgrade as you can get. With Young at the Edge, you now have a fearsome pass rush in the 4-3, without having to blitz or stunt. But blitzing and stunting will only make our pass rush more fierce.

I think only Miami has the amount of tradeable draft picks to entice the Redskins for their #2 slot. However, the Dolphins can get Tua with the #3 draft pick from Detroit, so they'll probably take that. Only if Miami thinks a team is trying to make a massive trade to get Tua with our #2, will they approach us for a trade. In the unlikely case Miami comes to the Redskins, it will involve a #5, #18, their second round pick and probably their first round pick in 2021. Still, I think the chance of a trade with Miami is low, since they can get Tua for less with Detroit.

punch it in 01-27-2020 08:07 PM

[QUOTE=skinsfanmdc;1243570]Redskins fans your overthinking this. Cinci is taking the qb. Detroit is looking to move out the 3rd pick. NYG are not taking a qb. So either Miami moved to 3 or 4 makes sense. Please watch Daniel J and Bucky Brooks mock it makes more sense instead of a fan randomly making dream choices over a favorite college player they have.[/QUOTE]

Bucky Brooks mom is that you?

punch it in 01-28-2020 08:55 AM

This thread wouldn’t be very fun if we just watched Bucky Brooks mock and than said yup thats the way to go.

skinsfanmdc 01-28-2020 04:01 PM

[quote=punch it in;1243655]This thread wouldn’t be very fun if we just watched Bucky Brooks mock and than said yup thats the way to go.[/quote]
Well yeah the man actually played in the NFL, and was a pro scout. Why wouldn't you wanna listen instead of people depending on Matt Miller's insight on bleacher report.

EARTHQUAKE2689 01-28-2020 04:08 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1243555]If we got 5 and 18 for #2 I would not be mad at making that move but I don't see that happening, Tua will not go to NY OR DET so the Phins are fine at #5[/quote]

I would be furious.

EARTHQUAKE2689 01-28-2020 04:09 PM

[quote=Warthog;1243561]If the Dolphins offer two firsts for our #2 you could draft:

I. Simmons - LB
Maybe Andrew Thomas - OT, although he probably would be gone. Still the best OT available

Second round - TE or WR. WR pool is deep

Then have another first in 2021.

Getting Simmons eases the pain of losing Chase Young. That and an elite OT, helps rebuild the OL (replace Moses)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Even if they offered #5 and #18, I still wouldn't take it.

EARTHQUAKE2689 01-28-2020 04:11 PM

[quote=Warthog;1243561]If the Dolphins offer two firsts for our #2 you could draft:

I. Simmons - LB
Maybe Andrew Thomas - OT, although he probably would be gone. Still the best OT available

Second round - TE or WR. WR pool is deep

Then have another first in 2021.

Getting Simmons eases the pain of losing Chase Young. That and an elite OT, helps rebuild the OL (replace Moses)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

We don't have a 2nd round pick btw.

KI Skins Fan 01-28-2020 04:36 PM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;1243737]We don't have a 2nd round pick btw.[/quote]

Nit picker!

sdskinsfan2001 01-28-2020 05:24 PM

I just don't get all the hype for Tua. I just don't think he'll be very good in the NFL. I'm no professional scout so I can easily be wrong, but I just don't see it. That's not even including his injury history.

MTK 01-28-2020 05:41 PM

There are some draft experts that think Tua is the better prospect than Burrow, even after that incredible season he just had

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

punch it in 01-28-2020 08:14 PM

[QUOTE=skinsfanmdc;1243731]Well yeah the man actually played in the NFL, and was a pro scout. Why wouldn't you wanna listen instead of people depending on Matt Miller's insight on bleacher report.[/QUOTE]

Well because once again this is a thread where we discuss the draft. So we should all just copy and paste his mocks here and stare at them?

Warthog 01-28-2020 11:50 PM

QB or BPA for our #1 Draft Pick - 2020

[QUOTE=sdskinsfan2001;1243749]I just don't get all the hype for Tua. I just don't think he'll be very good in the NFL. I'm no professional scout so I can easily be wrong, but I just don't see it. That's not even including his injury history.[/QUOTE]

Until his hip injury Tua was considered the #1 pick for the 2020 draft. If he aces the combine or his college teams workout, which I think he will do, teams are going to REALLY be thinking of trying to get him. I bet the Dolphins are thanking the football draft gods that Tua is falling to them - via trade or just getting him at their #5 pick.

If Mahomes kicks butt in the SB, teams without a good QB are going to think long and hard about bidding for Tua. An elite, franchise QB can make you a contender for a decade or more. It only takes ONE TEAM to get the trade down scenario rolling. Others will follow and then some crazy trades may be floated....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk