Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Redskins 2020 draft class (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64618)

FrenchSkin 04-25-2020 09:28 PM

Re: The Redskins 2020 draft class

Quite happy with the draft.
Our first 2 picks (or different levels) are playmakers.
Don't know a lot about our late round picks but it seems we didn't reach for need.

Seems LT is still a question mark, but again, guys like Donald Penn are still available on cheap 1 year contract.

FrenchSkin 04-25-2020 09:41 PM

Ok, need your guys help here: on this [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZwMG_QjgIs"]Saahdiq Charles highlight[/URL] , it seems to me his hand technique in pass pro is not really good, he grabs as if he was run blocking... but I don't know OL play enough to be sure about what I'm watching, what do you guys think ?

Irrefutable 04-25-2020 09:43 PM

[quote=FrenchSkin;1250925]Quite happy with the draft.
Our first 2 picks (or different levels) are playmakers.
Don't know a lot about our late round picks but it seems we didn't reach for need.

Seems LT is still a question mark, but again, guys like Donald Penn are still available on cheap 1 year contract.[/quote]

I agree, there should be a second group of free agents from cuts after the draft.

FrenchSkin 04-25-2020 10:05 PM

Liked this video of [URL="https://youtu.be/nlSutYI6pIc"]Thadeus Moss vs Auburn[/URL] last year, seems to me his blocking is decent. Like his ability to make contested catches. Potential really good value for an UDFA IMO.
(Has to be careful though, he tends to cut block a lot, and on the second play of the video he commits an un-flagged chop block because of it).

Chico23231 04-25-2020 11:15 PM

My favorite pick outside CY,

Saahdiq Charles

skinsfaninok 04-25-2020 11:42 PM

2 sacks given up all year and 20 pressures.

I'm with you .

3rd to me is Gibson, kid can fly and he's a weapon all over the field.

Gandy is ok, tape is kinda iffy but he's a big dude that can go up and grab it. I actually think he'll have a shot to make the roster.

Chico23231 04-26-2020 08:28 AM

Thoughts on the results...

1. CY is a organization-changing pick. Great job having the courage to make the pick and not doing a trade.

2. identified 2 weapons for Haskins in Gibson and AGG. Both these picks are unorthodox in their own way...Gibson is amazing athlete in a Hybrid RB/WR H-back gadget role. AGG is a small school dominator..man among boys. Both these guys will need to spend a lot of time in the class room to make the transition...these guys aren’t just plug in play, it will take time.

3. Man I’m so happy Ron and Kyle commitment to the Oline this offseason...and they haven’t done it with big names. They brought in a couple depth guys who can compete at EARLY in free agency. They followed it up with 2 more solid picks at LT and interior Oline. Ismael isn’t gonna start from what i read has the technique, needs to add a lil strength. Charles needs to keep his nose clean, but has the talent to start day 1 at LT. What the front may do is bring in a vet Tackle who can mentor him, Donald Penn makes sense. The right side is set...the center, LG and LT will be a fun competition among a solid group of young guys.

4. Moss Signing at TE makes up for a frustrating ending to how the front office handled the TE position for the second year in a row. Moss has a big opportunity here...he needs to step up with the chip on his shoulder

skinsfan69 04-26-2020 10:10 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1250910]Production wasn't there - 53 total catches in his collegiate career

Doesn't drop passes tho[/quote]

He also was like the 3rd or 4th option, at least last year.

Tedskins 04-26-2020 10:25 AM

Get on the phone with Elway and trade for Jake Butt. They just drafted another pass catching TE after signing Vannett as a free agent, not to mention their 1st rd pick last year, Fant is their rising star. Butt has been dealing with injuries, but should come cheap as they wouldn't be able to keep everyone.

Chico23231 04-26-2020 10:38 AM

[quote=Tedskins;1250959]Get on the phone with Elway and trade for Jake Butt. They just drafted another pass catching TE after signing Vannett as a free agent, not to mention their 1st rd pick last year, Fant is their rising star. Butt has been dealing with injuries, but should come cheap as they wouldn't be able to keep everyone.[/quote]

I actually think we can wait...he probably a cut.

skinsfan69 04-26-2020 10:46 AM

The Charles pick is total boom or bust. Desperately fills a need but he's had off the field issues every year at LSU. Not sure if this kid will be mature enough to keep clean in a big city with $ in his pocket. He could start for us or be off the team in a year.

KI Skins Fan 04-26-2020 11:11 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1250937]2 sacks given up all year and 20 pressures.

I'm with you .

3rd to me is Gibson, kid can fly and he's a weapon all over the field.

[B]Gandy is ok, tape is kinda iffy[/B] but he's a big dude that can go up and grab it. I actually think he'll have a shot to make the roster.[/quote]

What is iffy about his tape? No agenda, I just want to know what you think about his weaknesses. Can he work on them and unlock his full potential?

skinsfaninok 04-26-2020 11:26 AM

[quote=KI Skins Fan;1250965]What is iffy about his tape? No agenda, I just want to know what you think about his weaknesses. Can he work on them and unlock his full potential?[/quote]

He uses his size on most of his catches, he doesn't really get much separation kinda like Harmon, but he's faster than Harmon so that will help.

skinsfaninok 04-26-2020 11:27 AM

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EWiYeQoXgAMljzG?format=jpg&name=4096x4096[/IMG]

Early grades (of course this is all based off projections)

I'll take a B given the fact we didn't have many picks

SFREDSKIN 04-26-2020 11:48 AM

[quote=KI Skins Fan;1250965]What is iffy about his tape? No agenda, I just want to know what you think about his weaknesses. Can he work on them and unlock his full potential?[/quote]

Both Kiper and Wingo raved about AGG, he dominates in his tapes.