Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Come up with a new name for the Redskins (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64635)

mooby 12-03-2021 05:35 AM

Re: Come up with a new name for the Redskins

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1301932]You guys have all turned me off from Commanders.

Washington Commanders is a long name too. Not really a good way to shorten it either.[/quote]

Sure you can, call them commandos for short.

mooby 12-03-2021 05:36 AM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;1301934]The Hedgehogs in honor of Ron Jeremy[/quote]

Washington Honey Badgers

skinsfaninok 12-03-2021 07:49 AM

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS is long as hell too but after time you get used to it..

JackLord 12-03-2021 09:55 AM

Are we really going to acquiesce to our beloved team being rebranded as the Commanders or Armada? Really? People are ok with that? The brain trust at Ashburn think those are good ideas?

Please. There are better options right in front of us.

I have written the team numerous times and I urge everyone to do the same.

CRedskinsRule 12-03-2021 10:08 AM

[QUOTE=JackLord;1302013]Are we really going to acquiesce to our beloved team being rebranded as the Commanders or Armada? Really? People are ok with that? The brain trust at Ashburn think those are good ideas?

Please. There are better options right in front of us.

I have written the team numerous times and I urge everyone to do the same.[/QUOTE]They have the new name, they are placing orders per Rivera, no amount of letters or fan outcry is going to bring back Redskins, or even change what the team has already decided.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

JackLord 12-03-2021 10:11 AM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1302014]They have the new name, they are placing orders per Rivera, no amount of letters or fan outcry is going to bring back Redskins, or even change what the team has already decided.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk[/quote]

On the former, you are correct.

On the latter, that is still just conjecture and I for one will not go down without a fight.

I am not rooting for a team with a pathetic name like Commanders.

rocnrik 12-03-2021 10:14 AM

I guess we will be losing some fans …

JackLord 12-03-2021 10:20 AM

[quote=rocnrik;1302017]I guess we will be losing some fans …[/quote]

At least one.

irish 12-03-2021 10:47 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1301995]GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS is long as hell too but after time you get used to it..[/quote]

It is long but IMO Golden State Warriors rolls off the tongue better than Philadelphia Warriors or San Francisco Warriors did.

AnonEmouse 12-03-2021 11:42 AM

[QUOTE=mooby;1301990]Sure you can, call them commandos for short.[/QUOTE]

I can imagine the crowd chanting "Lets go Commando"...

Chief X_Phackter 12-03-2021 01:21 PM

[quote=AnonEmouse;1302027]I can imagine the crowd chanting "Lets go Commando"...[/quote]

Commandos would actually be better than Commanders. At least Commandos are bad ass...

Ruhskins 12-03-2021 01:59 PM

We have a team named the Wizards in DC, I'm sure we'll be fine with Commanders.

Also, any fan leaving the team over the name after living through Vinny's and/or Bruce's shit show, and Snyder, is just ridiculous.

BaltimoreSkins 12-03-2021 02:08 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;1302046]We have a team named the Wizards in DC, I'm sure we'll be fine with Commanders.

Also, any fan leaving the team over the name after living through Vinny's and/or Bruce's shit show, and Snyder, is just ridiculous.[/quote]

I could care less about a team name or even a bad product but having the owner be an awful person is something that has bothered me but alas the team is like a case of the clap just when I think I am done with it, it becomes a pain in the balls again.

JackLord 12-03-2021 03:16 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;1302046]We have a team named the Wizards in DC, I'm sure we'll be fine with Commanders.

Also, any fan leaving the team over the name after living through Vinny's and/or Bruce's shit show, and Snyder, is just ridiculous.[/quote]

No, it is not ridiculous at all. Stand down for a moment and hear me out.

Snyder is still there and will remain for my lifetime. That Snyder has destroyed the franchise is no longer debatable. It was actually pretty clear by the time the debacles with Jeff George and Marty Schottenheimer took place. Yet, that was only the beginning and it continues. It always will.

But ... there was still history and tradition. Coupled with loyalty, most of us soldiered on and cheered our team. Now even that is being taken away even though with the right tweak, it could more or less continue.

So in the end, we will have a team with a ludicrous name run by a guy who honestly needs an army of shrinks and lifetime supply of Thorazine. The Washington Commanders owned by Daniel Snyder. Not much to love there.

I wish I could be as sanguine about this as you. But I am being asked to devote loyalty to what is for all intents and purposes a brand new football team owned by a vile man. Why exactly is it ridiculous to want to leave that?

Thanks for listening.

skinsfaninok 12-03-2021 03:40 PM

Nobody is leaving lol , if u lasted this long then nothing is going to force u out.. barring some crazy scandal