Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ravens Postgame (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64702)

punch it in 10-04-2020 06:08 PM

Re: Ravens Postgame

[QUOTE=SFREDSKIN;1261342]Start using AGG more, Cam Sims made a couple of catches, bench Darby, start Moreland.[/QUOTE]

AGG has one catch for three yards on the season? Is that right?

skinsfaninok 10-04-2020 06:20 PM

Ron Rivera said bluntly that he wanted to see what Dwayne Haskins would do if they went for it on 4th and goal. He said Haskins needs to learn and understand the situation. He needed to look into the endzone or put it close to where a player could make a player at the goal line.

Lake Lewis

SFREDSKIN 10-04-2020 06:28 PM

[quote=punch it in;1261349]AGG has one catch for three yards on the season? Is that right?[/quote]

And a 22 yd run. They should use him, like they did Harmon last year.

skinsfaninok 10-04-2020 06:34 PM

I don’t see why they don’t use AGG now? 1-3 and probably 1-4 next week

Chief X_Phackter 10-04-2020 06:58 PM

The game was pretty much as expected for me, although I thought Haskins would be relieved of his duties at some point.

The worst part of the game for me was seeing Ron by himself taking breaks in the bench. Feel for that man. I respect his want, will, and strength, but I honestly wish he'd take a break, hand it over to Jack, and concentrate on himself.

skinsfaninok 10-04-2020 07:10 PM

[QUOTE=Chief X_Phackter;1261359]The game was pretty much as expected for me, although I thought Haskins would be relieved of his duties at some point.

The worst part of the game for me was seeing Ron by himself taking breaks in the bench. Feel for that man. I respect his want, will, and strength, but I honestly wish he'd take a break, hand it over to Jack, and concentrate on himself.[/QUOTE]

It’s probably coming

mooby 10-04-2020 07:12 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1261352]Ron Rivera said bluntly that he wanted to see what Dwayne Haskins would do if they went for it on 4th and goal. He said Haskins needs to learn and understand the situation. He needed to look into the endzone or put it close to where a player could make a player at the goal line.

Lake Lewis[/quote]

And he failed. At least take a chance in the end zone, throwing the ball to a guy at the 7 with 3 defenders in front of him was literally wasting the play.

I'm probably one of the few remaining Haskins defenders out there (I still believe it's way too early to make judgement calls to bench him) but he's not helping his case with plays like that.

My only hope is that the deep ball to Terry Mac helps him grow a pair and not be afraid to throw past the first down marker. Right now he's playing out of the Jason Campbell playbook, everything is going within 5 yards of the LOS.

punch it in 10-04-2020 07:47 PM

[QUOTE=SFREDSKIN;1261354]And a 22 yd run. They should use him, like they did Harmon last year.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. I thought this was find out what we got time?

Chief X_Phackter 10-04-2020 07:53 PM

Was that Haskin's first 300 yard passing game?

Chico23231 10-04-2020 07:58 PM

Man seeing Ron Rivera on the bench sucks...respect to the coach, know he is dealing with a lot of more important shit other than ball.

Looks like he was a lil worn out today. Coach, take care of what’s important

#RiveraStrong

Defensewins 10-04-2020 08:04 PM

[quote=Chief X_Phackter;1261366]Was that Haskin's first 300 yard passing game?[/quote]

In a game we were down 28-7 early in the 3rd quarter. We ran 19 planned run plays in the entire game. 300 passing yards was not because it was from strength, it was from weakness.

Chief X_Phackter 10-04-2020 08:15 PM

[quote=Defensewins;1261369]In a game we were down 28-7 early in the 3rd quarter. We ran 19 planned run plays in the entire game. 300 passing yards was not because it was from strength, it was from weakness.[/quote]

Cool your heels there high speed. I didn't say it was from anything, I was just asking a question.

punch it in 10-04-2020 08:24 PM

[QUOTE=Chief X_Phackter;1261370]Cool your heels there high speed. I didn't say it was from anything, I was just asking a question.[/QUOTE]

Yes it was his first. I think 240 was his high before this. Yac must have accounted for at least 200 of those yards though. All we do is throw screens.

Chief X_Phackter 10-04-2020 08:25 PM

I have a feeling that this team would probably be 3-1 right now with any one of at least 24 other starting QBs in the league. I guess we'll find out this week whether or not Haskins showed progression in the eyes of the coaches. The nail in the coffin for me was NOT throwing it in the end zone on that 4th down play.

punch it in 10-04-2020 08:33 PM

[QUOTE=Chief X_Phackter;1261373]I have a feeling that this team would probably be 3-1 right now with any one of at least 24 other starting QBs in the league. I guess we'll find out this week whether or not Haskins showed progression in the eyes of the coaches. The nail in the coffin for me was NOT throwing it in the end zone on that 4th down play.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Quarterback is that important. We dont need Aaron Rodgers we just need semi decent out of the position and we could have won a couple more.