Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SF Postgame (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64762)

SFREDSKIN 12-13-2020 10:12 PM

Re: SF Postgame

[quote=Chico23231;1268253]Alex Smith was trash today. Rams game like

We need to move on from both Alex and Haskins. This isn’t gonna work with these 2[/quote]

Having Gibson takes the pressure of Alex, the turf didn't help Alex and being nervous facing the 49ers swarming D didn't help. I think he'll bounce back, but yes we need a future QB.

skinsfaninok 12-13-2020 10:14 PM

[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201214/1f0c5e73c35f0a975be8f84efe556489.jpg[/IMG]

CRedskinsRule 12-13-2020 10:16 PM

According to the ESPN Playoff machine using winning percentage, we would host Seattle at FedEx. That seems like fate.

EARTHQUAKE2689 12-13-2020 10:21 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1268251]Dwayne had 1 horrible throw but the rest was ok. He is what he is, a backup in the NFL. I’d keep him[/quote]

He can go. Alex too, honestly dont want either on the roster in 2021.

SFREDSKIN 12-13-2020 10:23 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1268255][IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201214/1f0c5e73c35f0a975be8f84efe556489.jpg[/IMG][/quote]

Curl had just about an awesome game as Chase. Curl had a 76 yard int for a TD, broke up his first two passes of the year while adding seven solo tackles and a quarterback hit.

skinsfan0201 12-13-2020 10:43 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1268253]Alex Smith was trash today. Rams game like

We need to move on from both Alex and Haskins. This isn’t gonna work with these 2[/quote]

Wow..... given that he was injured (couldn’t put weight on his leg the entire game) and got this team back on track........ unbelievable

skinsfan0201 12-13-2020 10:45 PM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;1268254]Having Gibson takes the pressure of Alex, the turf didn't help Alex and being nervous facing the 49ers swarming D didn't help. I think he'll bounce back, but yes we need a future QB.[/quote]
Wow, the doubters are back, even with a win and an injury to Alex... i’d say fair weather, but it’s already defined by your comment.

Sad

skinsfan0201 12-13-2020 10:48 PM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;1268257]He can go. Alex too, honestly dont want either on the roster in 2021.[/quote]

What happened today is not a reflection of Alex.... he got injured. My goodness.

SFREDSKIN 12-13-2020 10:51 PM

[quote=skinsfan0201;1268260]Wow, the doubters are back, even with a win and an injury to Alex... i’d say fair weather, but it’s already defined by your comment.

Sad[/quote]

Just being realistic and who are you? Alex's fluffer?

skinsfaninok 12-13-2020 10:53 PM

I think we have a good #2 in Cam Sims. If we had a legit QB1 we could be one of the top 5 teams for the next 5 years. This defense is young and great

skinsfaninok 12-13-2020 10:54 PM

[QUOTE=CRedskinsRule;1268256]According to the ESPN Playoff machine using winning percentage, we would host Seattle at FedEx. That seems like fate.[/QUOTE]

I’d rather play them than TB

skinsfan0201 12-13-2020 10:54 PM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;1268262]Just being realistic and who are you? Alex's fluffer?[/quote]

Just an educator, and a coach for many years understanding what Alex has done.

SFREDSKIN 12-13-2020 10:56 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1268263]I think we have a good #2 in Cam Sims. If we had a legit QB1 we could be one of the top 5 teams for the next 5 years. This defense is young and great[/quote]

Our O will be much better next year with Harmon back, AGG, Love, Charles, draft a TE and a T plus a QB.

skinsfan0201 12-13-2020 10:56 PM

[quote=skinsfan0201;1268265]Just an educator, and a coach for many years understanding what Alex has done.[/quote]

And can still do ....

Chico23231 12-13-2020 10:56 PM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;1268257]He can go. Alex too, honestly dont want either on the roster in 2021.[/quote]

Its gonna be struggleville and the excuse making crowd will make it exhausting

Chico23231 12-13-2020 10:57 PM

So whose gonna go tell Landon Collins he’s been cut?

Kam Curl is playing out his damn mind

skinsfan0201 12-13-2020 11:01 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1268268]Its gonna be struggleville and the excuse making crowd will make it exhausting[/quote]

Maybe it is easier to see if you understand what on earth you are talking about.

Franchise quarterbacks don’t grow on trees. San Francisco and Garrapolo is still not a finished product, but lack of knowledge about what you are intimating is why we are armchair quarterbacks.

SFREDSKIN 12-13-2020 11:03 PM

[quote=skinsfan0201;1268265]Just an educator, and a coach for many years understanding what Alex has done.[/quote]

I know what Alex has done which is amazing and at the same I'm time being realistic. Don't tell me he isn't playing scared sometimes? Do you blame him? Hell no!! If you or I or anyone else suffered that type of injury he suffered, there is no way we would have recovered like he did.

He is 36 years old and has suffered a devastating injury which he has recovered from, the fact that he is on the field playing is amazing, his better days are behind him, his scrambling ability is gone. Having Gibson on the field helps him, don't tell me it doesn't. that turf didn't help his reconstructed leg today and I'm sure he'll bounce back, but he is not the future answer.

Chico23231 12-13-2020 11:06 PM

[quote=skinsfan0201;1268270]Maybe it is easier to see if you understand what on earth you are talking about.

Franchise quarterbacks don’t grow on trees. San Francisco and Garrapolo is still not a finished product, but lack of knowledge about what you are intimating is why we are armchair quarterbacks.[/quote]

Alex has been great for the franchise, maybe in another capacity he should continue. He is an inspiration and I admire as many do from afar.

But with 100% certainty today say the first half performance is not gonna get it done. It not the first time we’ve seen it this year, but several times.

skinsfan0201 12-13-2020 11:10 PM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;1268271]I know what Alex has done which is amazing and at the same I'm time being realistic. Don't tell me he isn't playing scared sometimes? Do you blame him? Hell no!! If you or I or anyone else suffered that type of injury he suffered, there is no way we would have recovered like he did.

He is 36 years old and has suffered a devastating injury which he has recovered from, the fact that he is on the field playing is amazing, his better days are behind him. Having Gibson on the field helps him, don't tell me it doesn't. that turf didn't help his reconstructed leg today and I'm sure he'll bounce back, but his is not the future answer.[/quote]

We have not a clue what kind of “muscle “ injury he has. The fact that the team is taking precautions his first month and a half starting again is a good thing. I don’t think he would be out there doing what he has done unless he is feeling well. If today was any indication, we should feel better knowing that our team understands the importance of him starting the rest of the season etc. They know his capabilities and limitations better than any of us do. For us to make any assumptions is ludicrous. Alex Smith has done something no one else in any sport has ever done, give the man a shot.

skinsfan0201 12-13-2020 11:12 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1268272]Alex has been great for the franchise, maybe in another capacity he should continue. He is an inspiration and I admire as many do from afar.

But with 100% certainty today say the first half performance is not gonna get it done. It not the first time we’ve seen it this year, but several times.[/quote]

I don’t think that is true. What other games has this occurred in excluding the game against the Rams- his first time off the bench in the driving rain?

SFREDSKIN 12-13-2020 11:18 PM

[quote=skinsfan0201;1268273]We have not a clue what kind of “muscle “ injury he has. The fact that the team is taking precautions his first month and a half starting again is a good thing. I don’t think he would be out there doing what he has done unless he is feeling well. If today was any indication, we should feel better knowing that our team understands the importance of him starting the rest of the season etc. They know his capabilities and limitations better than any of us do. For us to make any assumptions is ludicrous. Alex Smith has done something no one else in any sport has ever done, give the man a shot.[/quote]

I am, if you would have read my previous comment carefully I said he would bounce back, I give him the benefit of the doubt as he is our best option. Next year we need to upgrade the position. He will be 37 years old and will always be limited due to his injury, at least his scrambling ability which was one of his main strengths. We just need to get younger at QB.

skinsfan0201 12-13-2020 11:26 PM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;1268275]I am, if you would have read my previous comment carefully I said he would bounce back, I give him the benefit of the doubt as he is our best option. Next year we need to upgrade the position. He will be 37 years old and will always be limited due to his injury, at least his scrambling ability which was one of his main strengths. We just need to get younger at QB.[/quote]

Well, it seemed like you gave him some benefit, but knowing that this is his first month and a half back as well as the fact that he has many strengths besides just being a “good” scrambler. Being able to read and understand what he is seeing on the field, processing his reads/progressions, mentoring the other young offensive players, teaching them and understanding situational football is not something we will find next season in the NFL draft.

SFREDSKIN 12-13-2020 11:32 PM

[quote=skinsfan0201;1268276]Well, it seemed like you gave him some benefit, but knowing that this is his first month and a half back as well as the fact that he has many strengths besides just being a “good” scrambler. Being able to read and understand what he is seeing on the field, processing his reads/progressions, mentoring the other young offensive players, teaching them and understanding situational football is not something we will find next season in the NFL draft.[/quote]

Totally agree, but we still need to get younger at QB and by all means keep him as a mentor.

skinsfan0201 12-13-2020 11:37 PM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;1268278]Totally agree, but we still need to get younger at QB and by all means keep him as a mentor.[/quote]

And starter if he wants to continue playing.

skinsfan69 12-13-2020 11:45 PM

[quote=skinsfan0201;1268273]We have not a clue what kind of “muscle “ injury he has. The fact that the team is taking precautions his first month and a half starting again is a good thing. I don’t think he would be out there doing what he has done unless he is feeling well. If today was any indication, we should feel better knowing that our team understands the importance of him starting the rest of the season etc. They know his capabilities and limitations better than any of us do. For us to make any assumptions is ludicrous. Alex Smith has done something no one else in any sport has ever done, give the man a shot.[/quote]

He does not pass the eye test. He is slow and can't push the ball downfield. We have to draft someone like Josh Allen. If we can do that we are on our way to competing for a SB.

skinsfan0201 12-13-2020 11:56 PM

[quote=skinsfan69;1268280]He does not pass the eye test. He is slow and can't push the ball downfield. We have to draft someone like Josh Allen. If we can do that we are on our way to competing for a SB.[/quote]

Again, Franchise quarterbacks don’t grow on trees. Eye test, is completely subjective and obviously for you it’s stat filled. Josh Allen is a great player, but there is unlikely to be that caliber of a quarterback in the draft.

Chief X_Phackter 12-14-2020 12:21 AM

Smith was not good today, by any standards. Haskins can't come off the bench and win you a game, but he can lose a game for you. If the D wasn't spectacular today, this is easily a loss.

SFREDSKIN 12-14-2020 12:28 AM

If we can draft a MLB next year to pair with Holcomb, Bostic and KPL this D would be even more deadly. I love Bostic, but he's a little slow on coverage.

punch it in 12-14-2020 12:53 AM

SF Postgame

[QUOTE=SFREDSKIN;1268262]Just being realistic and who are you? Alex's fluffer?[/QUOTE]

Lolol. Seriously. Anyone who thinks Smiths best days are ahead of him is just oblivious. Great story. It is over after this year.

WCommandersfan99 12-14-2020 01:08 AM

Very happy about the W. However the qb play was terrible. Smith was bad today and I was surprised. Look I know SF has a good defense, but he was inaccurate on a lot of balls. Hopefully he'll rebound soon. Not ready to give up on him yet for sure.

Love, love this defense. The dline is awesome even without Matty I. Chase Young is a monster along with Sweat. Allen, Payne, and Settle are great. Incredible how many big plays they have made during this 4 game streak. The dline literally won us the game today despite SF having almost twice as many yards. Just crazy.

Bigtime shoutout to Kamren Curl. Making the Sooner state looking good. Boy can play. He is everywhere and loves contact. We found a gem here guys.

HTWFT!

Warthog 12-14-2020 01:10 AM

Alex was bad in the first half, under throwing and overthrowing passes which is very unlike him. He couldn’t push off on the right leg which is why he was erratic.

We got into the red zone and that is where we sorely missed Gibson. We could have run up the score with him, but got only FG or misses when in the red zone.

Haskins looked good initially and then went downhill fast. He couldn’t even get a first down when we needed it. As has been said, that gross overthrow that sailed above McLauren was super dangerous and almost cost us the game. He will be traded because he isn’t good enough to be the #2 QB. We’ll get a Fifth or sixth rounder for him - another FU personnel decision by Dan Snyder.

The team MUST draft a QB with their First Round pick. Then draft for the OL - we are very thin there. Don’t think we should keep Martin, don’t keep wasting time on a guy who isn’t progressing. Resign Scherff - he wants to stay here!

The team can only win with Alex Smith healthy. This game was won by the defense, but we need an outstanding game from them and the offense to produce to consistently win.

Hopkins is an issue. Other kickers are consistently making FG well into the 50+ range. This team needs every FG because the offense is the weak link for this team. Next TC the team needs to have a kicking competition. If he misses many more, they should do it NOW.

We need to beat Seattle, which we can do with this super hot defense and Smith playing well. When is Gibson coming back??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calia 12-14-2020 02:15 AM

[QUOTE=SFREDSKIN;1268250]Like I said last year, we were missing that key pass rusher that would elevate the DL to their potential, having RR influencing this young group instead of Gruden who was out picking up chicks also helps.[/QUOTE]

And Del Rio. He coached a great game too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnonEmouse 12-14-2020 04:16 AM

What worries me a little is that Seattle are getting their sh1t together again. Yes it was the inept Jets, but it was probably the best team they could have faced to get back on track. They are going to be riding high after that, so we need to come out of practice this week with a solid game plan to make the most of the Seattle defensive frailties and contain Wilson. We need solid offense and particularly QB play to keep the ball away from them, and so we need Smith healthy and mistake free.

Metcalf and Lockett might be the best do we've faced all year, so we have to do what the Giants did and suffocate Wilson with pass rush. Me, I'd blitz the hell out of that OL, and try to deny him time to go deep. Need the defense to come out with another showing like the last 2 in what could be our biggest game this year.

vallin21 12-14-2020 06:18 AM

[quote=vallin21;1268211]-Chase Young is an ansolute STUD!!
-Sweat is a monster, although the roughing the passer penalty was so boneheaded
- Kam Curl has been a solid starter
- Hopkins with another miss. SMH
- Haskins has not improved. Sailed the ball over Terry’s head. Poor clock management at the end. Took an unecessary delay of game. I don’t see him on the roster in ‘21
-Bostic has had two great games[/quote]

I forgot add this. Sims Jr, has regressed. Second week in a row with a key drop. Let SF down the ball at the 1, instead of returning or fair catching that punt. Too inconsistent, and too many key drops. A consistent Slot WR, to go along with McLaurin, C. Sims, Gibson, Thomas, McKissic next year, would only help our offense.

rocnrik 12-14-2020 06:40 AM

There is a vet free agent out there that will be available that will be our starter next year ... I LOVE ALEX .. however with his injury ( please don’t tell me it’s not affecting his play) he is a backup .. Haskins needs to put his degree to work cause he can’t play QB at this level.. so we get the vet ( no reaching at number 1 pick for Qb) can’t waste another pick like we did on Haskins..

punch it in 12-14-2020 07:04 AM

Good Monday all! Strange to keep starting weeks on a winning note! Bring on the Seachickens. Their Defense is terrible, and they are on the road. Just sayin.....

SFREDSKIN 12-14-2020 07:31 AM

[quote=punch it in;1268299]Good Monday all! Strange to keep starting weeks on a winning note! Bring on the Seachickens. Their Defense is terrible, and they are on the road. Just sayin.....[/quote]

That’s the one weakness on them, except for their LB’s and CB’s which are
solid, no pass rush.

KI Skins Fan 12-14-2020 08:03 AM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;1268240]Poor Dwayne:

Dwayne Haskins said at the end of the game, he had tears in his eyes... Seemed to get a bit choked up thinking/talking about the adversity he's faced this season. No, it wasn't pretty after the 1st drive. Also hadn't played in a couple months.[/quote]

The team just won its fourth game in a row and took sole position of first place and for Dwayne it was all about [B]himself[/B]. That's why he can never be a true leader of men unless or until he grows up.

What adversity? He's supposed to be learning and practicing to become an NFL QB. What he has is a rare opportunity but he wants it to be handed to him instead.

Dwayne has all the physical tools to be a starting QB in the NFL. What he lacks is the maturity, self-awareness, empathy and work ethic to succeed. If he doesn't see the light, these character flaws will derail his NFL career.

Ohioskins 12-14-2020 08:24 AM

We will be drafting middle of the pack next year. So even though there are four quality QB's available in the draft they may not be there by the time we draft. In the first round I would be happy if we took Chris Olave, the outstanding WR from Ohio State to go with McLaurin, the outstanding receiver from Ohio State. While Alabama has some major WR power, OLave runs the best routes of any WR in college this year.