Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Race for the NFC East (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64764)

punch it in 12-14-2020 10:54 AM

Race for the NFC East

So three games to go. If you look at the schedule we seem to have an advantage. We can take care of Philly by beating them. The Giants have Cleveland and Baltimore coming up. Dallas has a lot of games to make up in a short amount of time. If we beat Seattle this week I think it is over. If the Giants lose their next two I think it is over too.

mooby 12-14-2020 10:57 AM

Re: Race for the NFC East

Definitely not over, probably gonna come down to week 17 if I had to guess. Eagles have renewed life with Hurts at qb and the advantage of his opponents having no game tape on him yet. Giants seem to be fading, Cowboys shouldn't even be mentioned in this post of division title contenders, but really I think we're probably looking at it coming down to week 17, us vs. Eagles. I'm just glad we get the Eagles in week 17 so we will have a few weeks of tape on Hurts to study.

skinsfaninok 12-14-2020 11:07 AM

Giants will lose to Cleveland and Baltimore, they are done.

If we beat Seattle it's all but a wrap

Chief X_Phackter 12-14-2020 11:10 AM

One WFT loss and one NYG win, and the Gmen are back in 1st place controlling their destiny.

I like for the WFT to win their next two, and for NYG to lose at least one of their next two - allowing WFT to rest some guys (Alex, Moses, Scherff, Gibson) against the Eagles.

Coff 12-14-2020 11:12 AM

If the Eagles can upset the Cardinals this weekend, we'll likely be playing them for the division title in week 17. At that point, anything can happen.

punch it in 12-14-2020 11:18 AM

If Colt McCoy can beat Seattle in Seattle ( crowd or not they were undefeated there and 500 on the road) than we should be able to pull it off with Alex. I really hope he is a go.

skinsfaninok 12-14-2020 11:20 AM

[quote=punch it in;1268355]If Colt McCoy can beat Seattle in Seattle ( crowd or not they were undefeated there and 500 on the road) than we should be able to pull it off with Alex. I really hope he is a go.[/quote]

Yeah if we start DH it's over

punch it in 12-14-2020 11:21 AM

[QUOTE=Coff;1268345]If the Eagles can upset the Cardinals this weekend, we'll likely be playing them for the division title in week 17. At that point, anything can happen.[/QUOTE]

Yeah this thread was meant more as a long term thread for division games not so much predictions - though obviously that is a part of it - because yeah it is really wide open right now and all four of us play each other in week 16. Buckle up fellas.

Chief X_Phackter 12-14-2020 11:22 AM

[quote=Coff;1268345]If the Eagles can upset the Cardinals this weekend, we'll likely be playing them for the division title in week 17. At that point, anything can happen.[/quote]

If WFT wins their next two, and the Giants lose one of their next two, the Eagles game doesn't matter.

punch it in 12-14-2020 11:38 AM

God damn two Giants games and the Lions. We are that close to being 9-4 and already in the playoffs. Unimaginable.

Chief X_Phackter 12-14-2020 11:43 AM

[quote=punch it in;1268368]God damn two Giants games and the Lions. We are that close to being 9-4 and already in the playoffs. Unimaginable.[/quote]

It is crazy...but part of this team (players and coaches) learning and growing together. Those losses might be just as important as some of these recent wins.

punch it in 12-14-2020 11:46 AM

[QUOTE=Chief X_Phackter;1268371]It is crazy...but part of this team (players and coaches) learning and growing together. Those losses might be just as important as some of these recent wins.[/QUOTE]

Agreed and those teams are not terrible. Just so frustratingly close to this thread being called nfc east champs. Lol

Number44 12-14-2020 11:54 AM

[quote=punch it in;1268368]God damn two Giants games and the Lions. We are that close to being 9-4 and already in the playoffs. Unimaginable.[/quote]

Should have won the Cleveland game, too, IMO.

SFREDSKIN 12-14-2020 11:56 AM

Will be fine, need to beat Seattle and Carolina, both will be tough. Carolina despite their record have played well, they are tough and dangerous.

sdskinsfan2001 12-14-2020 12:00 PM

We win 2 out of 3 and we're in. 1 out of 3 and we're biting our nails. 0-3 and we're done.

Carolina is the key game. That is a must win.

punch it in 12-14-2020 12:06 PM

[QUOTE=SFREDSKIN;1268375]Will be fine, need to beat Seattle and Carolina, both will be tough. Carolina despite their record have played well, they are tough and dangerous.[/QUOTE]

You mean Carolina and Philly? Or do you think philly is a tougher game than Seattle?

SFREDSKIN 12-14-2020 12:20 PM

[quote=punch it in;1268381]You mean Carolina and Philly? Or do you think philly is a tougher game than Seattle?[/quote]

If we win Seattle and Carolina, Giants lose one more, Philly don’t matter.

punch it in 12-14-2020 12:40 PM

[QUOTE=SFREDSKIN;1268395]If we win Seattle and Carolina, Giants lose one more, Philly don’t matter.[/QUOTE]

Yes but if we beat Carolina and philly and Giants lose one more same deal. I just think that is the easier route. But hell yeah lets start the philly game in the victory formation lol

CRedskinsRule 12-14-2020 02:12 PM

First place is definitely the WFT's spot to lose.

Fun Fact -Our 15 point loss to the Cardinals was the closest game that Arizona had against the NFC East (NYG lost by 19, and Dallas lost by 28). That either means they will destroy Philly, or they are due for a clunker against an NFC East opponent.

The Philly Az game is huge for Arizona's playoffs, the race for the 7th seat is definitely tight with Minnesota, Chicago, and WFT all able to make a definite fight for it. If they win out, they get the spot.

Chief X_Phackter 12-14-2020 02:27 PM

WFT, should they win the division, will most likely play either the Seahawks or the Rams in the first round.

mooby 12-14-2020 02:39 PM

All this playoff talk feels premature to me. Especially if Alex Smith has lingering issues with his calf or god forbid can't play.

skinsfaninok 12-14-2020 02:52 PM

[quote=mooby;1268433]All this playoff talk feels premature to me. Especially if Alex Smith has lingering issues with his calf or god forbid can't play.[/quote]

If Haskins starts vs Seattle, we have no shot. Sorry but he's just not any good, and I'll eat my crow if he starts and wins the game

Chief X_Phackter 12-14-2020 02:53 PM

Been talking playoffs for weeks. It's been a while since this team has had meaningful games in December, and a chance to win the division. I think it's ok to be excited about, and to even talk about, the possibilities.

MTK 12-14-2020 02:59 PM

I'd rather talk about playoffs than who the future QB is going to be.

When was at the last time we could even talk playoffs in December?

mooby 12-14-2020 03:00 PM

[quote=Chief X_Phackter;1268439]Been talking playoffs for weeks. It's been a while since this team has had meaningful games in December, and a chance to win the division. I think it's ok to be excited about, and to even talk about, the possibilities.[/quote]

[yt]U7fjDS0jKiE[/yt]

Never a bad time for this clip lol.

I just have yet to see a full 60 minute complete performance to indicate we're firing on all cylinders that would make me believe we could actually compete for or in the playoffs.

Summo 12-14-2020 03:01 PM

I dont know, Seattle is a funny team. One week they look like SB contenders the next they look like shit.

Carolina we will win because of Football Karma is in our favor

Philly? They could be a different team with Hurts. We'll have three games on tape to review so that will work in our favor.

I say they go 2 and 1 and the Giants go 1 and 2 nd we win the division.

MTK 12-14-2020 03:01 PM

[quote=mooby;1268442]
I just have yet to see a full 60 minute complete performance to indicate we're firing on all cylinders that would make me believe we could actually compete for or in the playoffs.[/quote]

We're in the driver's seat in the division, that alone says we are competing for the playoffs.

Chief X_Phackter 12-14-2020 03:02 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1268438]If Haskins starts vs Seattle, we have no shot. Sorry but he's just not any good, and I'll eat my crow if he starts and wins the game[/quote]

With a week to prepare, he might surprise (crossing fingers).

I mean he wasn't TERRIBLE the first four games. 234 yds/game, 4TD/3INT. The Cleveland game was bad. All three of his INTs came in that game; but he played well against a good Baltimore D.

Oh, and Scary Terry led the team in receptions in all four of those games...

SFREDSKIN 12-14-2020 03:13 PM

The Eagles secondary took a big hit yesterday which should benefit the cards.

[url]https://www.nfl.com/news/monday-s-nfl-injury-and-roster-news-for-week-15[/url]

Number44 12-14-2020 04:15 PM

[quote=Chief X_Phackter;1268446]With a week to prepare, he might surprise (crossing fingers).

I mean he wasn't TERRIBLE the first four games. 234 yds/game, 4TD/3INT. The Cleveland game was bad. All three of his INTs came in that game; but he played well against a good Baltimore D.

Oh, and Scary Terry led the team in receptions in all four of those games...[/quote]

I have to admit, Haskins did look pretty good in the first drive of the second half. We drove down the field before stalling inside the 10 yard line, settling for a field goal.

mooby 12-14-2020 04:43 PM

[quote=Number44;1268462]I have to admit, Haskins did look pretty good in the first drive of the second half. We drove down the field before stalling inside the 10 yard line, settling for a field goal.[/quote]

His first couple throws were good, accurate and he got the ball out quick. But he couldn't keep it up. I mean by the end Ron tried to kneel out the clock even though the numbers didn't add up, he didn't even trust Haskins enough to attempt to get a first down.

punch it in 12-14-2020 04:47 PM

[QUOTE=Number44;1268462]I have to admit, Haskins did look pretty good in the first drive of the second half. We drove down the field before stalling inside the 10 yard line, settling for a field goal.[/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly most of that drive was on the ground, and he had two good intermediate passes. He has set the bar so low for himself that 30 or so yards passing during one drive is noteworthy. Lol. He stinks. It’s unfortunate.

skinsfaninok 12-14-2020 09:39 PM

Best win II: Washington Football Team 23, 49ers 15. The NFC team with the longest current winning streak? That’s the Washington Football Team, which after going to Glendale, Ariz., to play the 49ers, extended its streak to four games and took over first place in the NFC East. Sunday’s win was especially impressive after starting quarterback Alex Smith was sidelined shortly before halftime with a sore calf. But what we’re learning about Washington is that while Smith has been a steadying offensive presence, if Washington is going to win this division it’s going to be because of a legitimately good defense. Chase Young had likely already done enough to wrap up the defensive rookie of the year award; his performance on Sunday, with a 47-yard fumble return touchdown, along with a forced fumble, a sack, two quarterback hits and two pass breakups should have us talking about Young not just among the best rookies, but among the best defensive players, period. We can’t rule the Eagles out of the NFC East race after they’ve shown life over the past game and a half — and they have the benefit of the Week 3 tie should Washington fall back — but right now Washington doesn’t just look like the best team in the worst division, but a team that no one in the NFC should want to play.

The Athletic

skinsfaninok 12-14-2020 09:45 PM

3rd worst Offense in the league, that makes it very hard to keep a long streak alive.

4th best Defense however

SFREDSKIN 12-14-2020 10:25 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1268488]3rd worst Offense in the league, that makes it very hard to keep a long streak alive.

4th best Defense however[/quote]

Tell me something, did Smith's play help in Cincy, Dallas, Pitt? Was Gibson on the field then? yes. Did that help? Yes. Smith does enough to get the offense moving, he was hurt yesterday and was horrible. I believe with this defense that this team can keep winning even without Gibson like the Pittsburgh game in the short term. We will get Gibson back sooner than later, all we need to win is 2 games. Giants don't have Daniel Jones and eventhough they beat Seattle it won't happen again.

sdskinsfan2001 12-15-2020 04:08 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1268487]Best win II: Washington Football Team 23, 49ers 15. The NFC team with the longest current winning streak? That’s the Washington Football Team, which after going to Glendale, Ariz., to play the 49ers, extended its streak to four games and took over first place in the NFC East. Sunday’s win was especially impressive after starting quarterback Alex Smith was sidelined shortly before halftime with a sore calf. But what we’re learning about Washington is that while Smith has been a steadying offensive presence, if Washington is going to win this division it’s going to be because of a legitimately good defense. [B]Chase Young had likely already done enough to wrap up the defensive rookie of the year award; his performance on Sunday, with a 47-yard fumble return touchdown, along with a forced fumble, a sack, two quarterback hits and two pass breakups should have us talking about Young not just among the best rookies, but among the best defensive players, period.[/B] We can’t rule the Eagles out of the NFC East race after they’ve shown life over the past game and a half — and they have the benefit of the Week 3 tie should Washington fall back — [B]but right now Washington doesn’t just look like the best team in the worst division, but a team that no one in the NFC should want to play.[/B]

The Athletic[/quote]

Boner alert 1 and Boner alert 2.

Alert 1. Glad we can all put to bed the notion that getting the best player in the draft at No. 2 was somehow a bad idea.

Alert 2. Awesome to read. We beat Seattle, I'll sniff the koolaid up my nose.

punch it in 12-15-2020 06:18 AM

[QUOTE=SFREDSKIN;1268491]Tell me something, did Smith's play help in Cincy, Dallas, Pitt? Was Gibson on the field then? yes. Did that help? Yes. Smith does enough to get the offense moving, he was hurt yesterday and was horrible. I believe with this defense that this team can keep winning even without Gibson like the Pittsburgh game in the short term. We will get Gibson back sooner than later, all we need to win is 2 games. Giants don't have Daniel Jones and eventhough they beat Seattle it won't happen again.[/QUOTE]

Daniel Jones played last week.

After seeing that game last night the Giants are losing to both Cleveland and Baltimore. They can still beat Dallas. Which means we can go 1-2. As long as we beat Philly we win the division. Dallas could win out and it wouldn’t matter.
The way things look now we can lose the next two, then beat Philly and the division is ours.

rocnrik 12-15-2020 08:20 AM

With Haskins at Qb we don’t win another game ...

Giantone 12-15-2020 08:25 AM

[quote=punch it in;1268507]Daniel Jones played last week.

After seeing that game last night the Giants are losing to both Cleveland and Baltimore. They can still beat Dallas. Which means we can go 1-2. As long as we beat Philly we win the division. Dallas could win out and it wouldn’t matter.
The way things look now we can lose the next two, then beat Philly and the division is ours.[/quote]

Jones will be fine but he shouldn't have played hurt last week. In that aspect they miss Eli. I'm excited about our Defense playing well but we still need some play makers at WR and TE the O line has improved but not by much, they still need work.

Back2RFK 12-15-2020 08:44 AM

[quote=mooby;1268340]Definitely not over, probably gonna come down to week 17 if I had to guess. Eagles have renewed life with Hurts at qb and the advantage of his opponents having no game tape on him yet. Giants seem to be fading, Cowboys shouldn't even be mentioned in this post of division title contenders, but really I think we're probably looking at it coming down to week 17, us vs. Eagles. I'm just glad we get the Eagles in week 17 so we will have a few weeks of tape on Hurts to study.[/quote]

Fuck Hurts. He played one good game and we have seen that before.