Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Eagles pre game (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64943)

punch it in 12-21-2021 04:28 PM

Re: Eagles pre game

[QUOTE=MTK;1304793]Which is what... a seriously stripped down version of what we usually run? lol I think they can probably handle whatever we try to throw at them.[/QUOTE]

Lol. Yup. Our regular offense hasn’t been getting it done. We just took the lipstick off the pig and now only have a pig [emoji201]

BaltimoreSkins 12-21-2021 04:28 PM

Come on Marty I want to see some crazy wildcat rpo shit don’t be a Debbie downer

punch it in 12-21-2021 04:28 PM

[QUOTE=skinsfaninok;1304795]we beat the Giants but shouldn't have[/QUOTE]

Meant to say should have lost.

MTK 12-21-2021 04:29 PM

I wish I could muster up just a little bit of optimism for tonight like some of you guys, but man, the deck is seriously stacked against us. It's going to take a pretty amazing team effort to pull off a win.

Chico23231 12-21-2021 04:32 PM

Only this fucking team.

JD must be pretty fucked with neck/concussion to go to IR.

BaltimoreSkins 12-21-2021 04:34 PM

Perhaps they’ll be amped up for their new benches

PorkSkins 12-21-2021 04:34 PM

[quote=Chief X_Phackter;1304791]The Eagles are 6-7 and just lost to the Giants two weeks ago. This is not a done deal.[/quote]

Chief, you're easily my favorite poster on this site and I'm usually an optimistic person as well. But I'm trying to see any ray of light for us tonight, and all I continue to see is a damn train. It may not be a fast-moving locomotive, but a train nonetheless.

mooby 12-21-2021 04:40 PM

I won't say it's a guarantee - crazier things have happened.

But the odds are heavily against us.

We're not just losing 16 players, we're down 7 assistant coaches, and the top 3 qb's we started the year with.

Just keep it interesting, that's all I ask.

CRedskinsRule 12-21-2021 04:50 PM

Actually I think our D could have its best performance yet. Hurts is not going to beat us with the long balls, and our front 7 are in pretty good shape. I hope Sweat comes out with something to prove and puts on a show.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Chief X_Phackter 12-21-2021 05:01 PM

[quote=punch it in;1304794]And we lost to the Giants with a healthy team. I don’t see anyway our offense puts up enough points to win. We probably have to hold them to under 14 to have a chance. Kick about 5-6 fg’s with whoever our kicker is now. It’s a real bad situation Chief. But we will pray.[/quote]

Yeah it's a bad situation, but it's not like they are a good team. Their strength is their run game, which we have done pretty well against of late - only three 100 yard rushing games allowed in the last 10. Hurts has proven to be tough to contain in the past, but that is all he can do, and he's coming off an ankle injury isn't he? He has thrown for over 200 yards once in the last eight games.

It's not ideal, no, but we're sitting prettier than we would have been on Sunday. I wouldn't put money on a W, but I'm just not counting them out yet.

We'll see what happens.

punch it in 12-21-2021 05:07 PM

[QUOTE=Chief X_Phackter;1304810]Yeah it's a bad situation, but it's not like they are a good team. Their strength is their run game, which we have done pretty well against of late - only three 100 yard rushing games allowed in the last 10. Hurts has proven to be tough to contain in the past, but that is all he can do, and he's coming off an ankle injury isn't he? He has thrown for over 200 yards once in the last eight games.

It's not ideal, no, but we're sitting prettier than we would have been on Sunday. I wouldn't put money on a W, but I'm just not counting them out yet.

We'll see what happens.[/QUOTE]

It is absolutely not the worst team we could be facing. Ill give ya that. And prayers [emoji120]

PorkSkins 12-21-2021 05:48 PM

I'll say this much regarding Gilbert.... In his only start last season, I thought he played decent game versus the Steelers. Honestly, if Gilbert gives us similar production tonight as he did versus the Steelers from a season ago, I think we come out of Philly with a win.

Fishingfool 12-21-2021 05:55 PM

Ok, we got this. What a better win beating Philly with 1/2 the team and coaching staff missing.

htownskinfan 12-21-2021 10:51 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1304656]Just saw Hurts will start for Philly tomorrow. Honestly believe that's better for us.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk[/quote]

Unfortunately that turned out to be a terrible take