Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Welcome your Washington Commanders (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64980)

Meks 02-02-2022 01:47 PM

Re: Welcome your Washington Commanders

I hope analysts and broadcast media just say Washington a lot so I don't have to hear the name that often 🤷🤷🤷

WillH 02-02-2022 01:47 PM

[QUOTE=rocnrik;1309627]Wow … 3 very prominent Black Washington executives and players announced the team name with a statement and yet we have some here accusing them of towing the company line ?? Some if you need to grow the f up .. good for Jason Wright !!! So now Wright only does what the man tells him .. he can’t think for himself .. what a damn insult to the only black team president in the NFL …[/QUOTE]GTFO race has nothing to do with towing the company line. Did you see anyone defend Bruce Allen because he was white. This is a hot garbage take.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

MTK 02-02-2022 01:50 PM

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FKm29cVWUAwEeq4?format=jpg&name=large[/IMG]

mredskins 02-02-2022 01:50 PM

[quote=MTK;1309776]Thousands of fans = thousands of opinions, lots of them bad too. What sounds good to you might be shit to someone else, and vice versa. Commanders is just another name.[/quote]

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDlqy0FJvfk[/url]

made me laugh

WillH 02-02-2022 01:54 PM

[QUOTE=SolidSnake84;1309750]Well, that does it for me. I was never a fan of the Commanders name.

A lot has transpired in the last 24 hours. Now we know that the Commanders were never a "finalist" in the names, it was chosen from almost day 1 of the new "search".

Jason Wright, who says that we couldn't use the name Red Wolves because of trademark issues, had no problem with taking the same name AND hash tag from the San Antonio Commanders, Semi-pro team. #takecommand

Dan still remains the owner no matter what, he is most likely a sex crimes king pin that will never see justice, couple all of that with the fact that we are putting lipstick on a pig. New uniforms, new logo / seal (with incorrect championship dates on it no less), and it is still going to be the same miserable fan experience - crumbling junky FedEx field that is only 25 - 50% full at any given time.

This is the farthest thing from the team I grew up with liking, for an organization that swore this rebranding would keep ties to the past and our heritage, of which this new name and scheme does nothing.

Twitter seems to be blowing up full of negatives and the horrible botch / hack job that this was. I honestly think this is the biggest F up in Sports History that I have ever saw, from the whole concept to the leaked unveiling at the very end.

I hope the mods let me stick around on some of the other threads / boards, I really have enjoyed talking to everyone over the years and I felt like I got along with mostly everyone.

But my Washington fandom is checking out after all of this. I've had a lot of ups and downs with this team, mostly downs, but still lots of good times! Thank you all from the bottom of my heart![/QUOTE]My thoughts exactly

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

skinsfaninok 02-02-2022 01:58 PM

[quote=MTK;1309784][IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FKm29cVWUAwEeq4?format=jpg&name=large[/IMG][/quote]

I Haven't had one friend tell me the jerseys look bad.. In fact a couple said the Black might be the new best in the league.. I think they hit a HR with these

mredskins 02-02-2022 02:02 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1309789]I Haven't had one friend tell me the jerseys look bad.. In fact a couple said the Black might be the new best in the league.. I think they hit a HR with these[/quote]

I like them.

I am telling the only thing bad today was the presentation of the new uniforms/names.

Just announce it on social media or whatever. Dan up there shuffling through index cards was awful, that guy is the worst public speaker.

htownskinfan 02-02-2022 02:18 PM

I was really hoping the tweets I were reading last night saying the commanders was a misdirection and we would be surprised today Would be true, but sadly they were not and all the leaks were true,what a letdown.
I will never ever refer to this team as the commanders, the only thing they are commandeering is a pile of shit. They will forever be known as the Redskins to me and that’s what I will be calling them til the day I die.

skinsfaninok 02-02-2022 02:19 PM

[quote=mredskins;1309790]I like them.

I am telling the only thing bad today was the presentation of the new uniforms/names.

Just announce it on social media or whatever. Dan up there shuffling through index cards was awful, that guy is the worst public speaker.[/quote]

He also looks likes shit.. Tanya looks younger by a good 5 years than he does

skinsfan69 02-02-2022 02:24 PM

They had all this time to get this right, did all these stupid ass focus groups ( they're a total waste of time) and talked to marketing geeks. And for what? To steal a name from some minor league team that is now gone? Now this #takecommand bullshit which they also stole. It is just soooo fucking cheesy. Anything this organization tries to do they just continue to fail at it.

Also they didn't listen to the fans at all. They just tried to trick them into thinking they were involved, but they weren't. That was just a complete lie.

And what about the colors? They said this was important but we get these all blacks? We get something that looks like a Cards or Gamecock uniform? This doesn't look like Washington football at all. Nothing represents anything from any past.

This was just piss poor. No way around it. Maybe I warm up to it later, maybe not. But this to me feels like the end.

skinsfan69 02-02-2022 02:27 PM

[quote=htownskinfan;1309794]I was really hoping the tweets I were reading last night saying the commanders was a misdirection and we would be surprised today Would be true, but sadly they were not and all the leaks were true,what a letdown.
I will never ever refer to this team as the commanders, the only thing they are commandeering is a pile of shit. They will forever be known as the Redskins to me and that’s what I will be calling them til the day I die.[/quote]

This

rocnrik 02-02-2022 03:18 PM

[quote=WillH;1309783]GTFO race has nothing to do with towing the company line. Did you see anyone defend Bruce Allen because he was white. This is a hot garbage take.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk[/quote]

First off go Back and read your farewell post … I’m glad you are still here ! Now to address what I was saying .Jason Wright has a job to do and he did it .. He has a boss like most of us do . He did the best he could with the hand he was dealt .. I’m saying I respect him for that ..

skinsfaninok 02-02-2022 03:23 PM

I Can't believe fans on twitter are so mad at the name LOL, Like its so weird to me so many have a weird connection with a Wolf.. I love Wolves too but I'm not going apeshit because the team didn't choose "Redwolves"

CrazyCanuck 02-02-2022 03:42 PM

I actually thought Commanders was a misdirection and the name would end up being RedWolves. But as Sheehan said the other day "this team specializes in botch jobs, not clever ruses".

I'm not a big fan but I'll get used to it. Just glad it's over.

What bothers me most is the logo with 1983, 1988, 1992. How dumb can you be?

As for the target demographic, my 13-year-old stepson hates the name but likes the uniforms so there's that.

Long live the Commies!!

Ruhskins 02-02-2022 03:53 PM

But...but...but...the name sucks and this is the worst thing to ever happen to the franchise, blah blah blah!

[URL="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1488976955139674117"]@RapSheet[/URL]
According to @Fanatics, since launching the Commanders name, they are the top-selling team overall across all sports on Fanatics. The Terry McLaurin and Chase Young Burgundy jersey are both in the top 5 (ahead of the Tom Brady red #Bucs jersey).