Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Grade Jason Campbell (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=15851)

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 11-19-2006 06:38 PM

Re: Grade Jason Campbell

[QUOTE=skinsfanthru&thru;248401]I know I gave him a B- because he threw a few too many passes into the feet of his open receivers and over threw on a couple others. He's lucky he didn't get Lloyd seriously hurt with that one high pass. I thought he did very well for his first NFL action but it was still a slighty above-average start. It definitely gives hope for what the future holds for the team especially with a healthy offense and hopefully a few tweaks on the o-line. and I loved the call on the first offensive play with that beautiful pass down the sideline to Lloyd.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. I'd give him a better grade, but at least you've explaineded your position.

I thought he made 2 throws that left me puzzled. But, he made a few REALLY nice throws (the 55+ yard bomb to Lloyd, the throw to Thrash with 2 defenders on him, the throw to Yoder). Moreover, he didn't make any mistakes and made some nice throws despite lacking ANY running attack.

skinsfan69 11-19-2006 06:39 PM

A. He simply makes plays that Brunell can not make. You can just see the amazing physical ability. Should have been starting all along. I'm just glad that it FINALLY looks like we have a QB for the next 10 years or so.

dall-assblows 11-19-2006 06:39 PM

what ever

skinsfanthru&thru 11-19-2006 06:42 PM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72;248403]I think some of his accuracy issues were to be expected considering he hasn't played in a game in almost 2 years. Give him a few starts and I think he'll settle down.[/QUOTE]

Agreed and I'm looking forward to that and the running game making an appearance again and getting Moss back will help that as well. I think one of the best things to see was how much he was looking to throw the ball to anyone open and not just focus in on one target and got the ball to 7 different receivers while doing so.

jdlea 11-19-2006 06:44 PM

Having seen the highlights, the kid showed great poinse, hung in and made some really nice throws. That throw to Yoder was a thing of beauty. That's a throw Brunell doesn't dare to make. I love the way Jason kept plays alive and made some tough throws. Looks like he's big and strong enough to where he's gonna be hard to bring down. I didn't see anything of him trying to run for yards...how did that look?

Gmanc711 11-19-2006 06:53 PM

Hey guys, just got back from Raymond James (great time), I'll give him a A-/B+, thought he played really well. I think w/o the Betts fumble we win the game. I'm glad they gave JC a chance to air it out, but at the same time was dissapointed in our lack of commiting to the run.

PS: Can we please stop this Betts/Duckett talk, Portis IS OUR MAN, and Moss is our best WR.

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 11-19-2006 07:01 PM

Portis is undoubtedly our franchise back. He looks great on the field and even better off (as we realize how we can't run without him). I wonder what Campbell would have done with Portis in the backfield and Moss at wideout.

Maybe Campbell will struggle in the next few weeks, but I'm very much encouraged by his performance.

Darrell_Green_28 11-19-2006 07:05 PM

i would have given him an A- from the highlights but from what I heard He got pissed because they lost so i Gave him a A for showing emotion and that counts..

Gmanc711 11-19-2006 07:11 PM

[QUOTE=Darrell_Green_28;248434]i would have given him an A- from the highlights but from what I heard He got pissed because they lost so i Gave him a A for showing emotion and that counts..[/QUOTE]

About time someone shows some friggin emotion. I'm encouraged by what I saw. I only hope moss is in next week for this guy. It only gets tougher, but I'm relaly happy in what he's done.

dgack 11-19-2006 07:21 PM

Others have touched on it, I think the key is that JC has confidence that he can make big plays, whereas with Brunell you always sensed that he was afraid of taking chances, and exposing his very real weaknesses.

This is why Brunell didn't come alive last year until there was nothing left to lose in the Dallas game, and also why I've always thought of him as a game manager rather than a game winner.

mooby 11-19-2006 07:27 PM

From what i saw of Campbell today i'm really looking forward to seeing more of him. He was smart, made good decisions, pretty much did it by himself and the receivers because we had no running game, no defense, nothing to help him out, Moss and Portis were out, and he did enough to win the game if we didn't have a shitty defense.

SKINSnCANES 11-19-2006 07:45 PM

he had poise, a strong arm, didnt make many bad decisions.

for his first game, great job. i look forward to seeing him progress

celts32 11-19-2006 08:01 PM

For his 1st ever NFL action that was an A hands down. With an actual NFL caliber defense backing him up he would have gotten his 1st win today.

I don't know the numbers but didn't it seem like the Bucs had posession of the ball about 40 minutes of the 60? AWWWWWWWWWWFUL defense!

GhettoDogAllStars 11-19-2006 08:08 PM

I gave JC an A, because he didn't throw a single pick -- much more than I expected.

htownskinfan 11-19-2006 08:18 PM

[QUOTE=Sheriff Gonna Getcha;248322]I'd give him a B+ and here's why:

#1 He threw for 19/34 for 196 yards and 2 TDs (with Lloyd dropping a 55+ yard bomb).
#2 He didn't make any big mistakes - no INTs and no fumbles.
#3 He evaded pressure pretty well.
#4 He spread out the ball and was willing to throw deep.
#5 He had no running game.
#6 The defense couldn't get him back onto the field.
#7 He was without Moss AND Portis.
#8 It was his first start.
#9 He looked poised in the pocket.
#10 For the first time this season, I was actually looking forward to seeing the offense hit the field.[/QUOTE]

I agree with everything you said,if brunell would have started this game i wouldnt have bothered watching it,B+