Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Dunbar traded to Seahawks (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64601)

Ruhskins 03-23-2020 06:11 PM

Dunbar traded to Seahawks

For a fifth round pick. [IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200323/5d62663f990d648bb97bfb04c991399a.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

mooby 03-23-2020 06:12 PM

Re: Dunbar traded to Seahawks

Well the optics look bad, but I still trust the process. Not sure how much leverage the Skins had since Dunbar clearly wanted out.

calia 03-23-2020 06:14 PM

He was under contract-they had all the leverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skinsfaninok 03-23-2020 06:15 PM

[quote=calia;1247844]He was under contract-they had all the leverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Bad teams make bad trades period. When is the last time this team made a good deal? Sorry but same old Redskins

CRedskinsRule 03-23-2020 06:15 PM

Wish they had gotten more, but Dunbar's injury history probably made that hard. Still, this year is basically a mulligan for RR to set culture and values, and QD wasn't on board.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Ruhskins 03-23-2020 06:17 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1247846]Bad teams make bad trades period. When is the last time this team made a good deal? Sorry but same old Redskins[/quote]

It is not the same old Redskins. The same old Redskins would have meant a pissing contest between Bruce Allen and Dunbar, that would have dragged on through the season.

Dunbar had a nerve injury that basically plagued him the past two seasons. This is why the team didn't want to pay him and why he was only worth a 5th rounder to other NFL teams.

Come on people, let's be a bit more smart about this.

Chico23231 03-23-2020 06:17 PM

Stupid trade.

skinsfaninok 03-23-2020 06:23 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;1247848]It is not the same old Redskins. The same old Redskins would have meant a pissing contest between Bruce Allen and Dunbar, that would have dragged on through the season.

Dunbar had a nerve injury that basically plagued him the past two seasons. This is why the team didn't want to pay him and why he was only worth a 5th rounder to other NFL teams.

Come on people, let's be a bit more smart about this.[/quote]

Then you sit down with him and hash it out, I believe in Ron but this is a bad deal no matter which way you coat it.

VTSkins1961 03-23-2020 06:25 PM

He didn't want to be here. We got what we could. Has a history of being injured.... Better to move on from him than having a disgruntled player on the team

GridIron26 03-23-2020 06:26 PM

Wow...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

calia 03-23-2020 06:26 PM

Dunbar traded to Seahawks

This all makes me think that the team is going to give up the number 2 pick in exchange for a bunch of picks and do a complete rebuild. There are just sooooo many gaps.

skinsfaninok 03-23-2020 06:27 PM

[quote=calia;1247859]This all makes me think that the team is going to give up the number 2 pick in exchange for a bunch of picks and do a complete rebuild. They are just sooooo many gaps.

It's a must IMO. I like Chase but he's not solving the gaps on this team. With Kerrigan coming back he can be serviceable for another yr.

CRedskinsRule 03-23-2020 06:28 PM

[QUOTE=Ruhskins;1247848]It is not the same old Redskins. The same old Redskins would have meant a pissing contest between Bruce Allen and Dunbar, that would have dragged on through the season.

Come on people, let's be a bit more smart about this.[/QUOTE]Exactly. Dunbar was a Gruden-Allen feel good story, and I am glad he got his shot, but he came back with an attitude and injury plagued seasons. IF he works out for the Seahawks good for them, but the Skins need a true #1 that stays on the field. We may not get it this year, but honestly our division's passers don't create so much concern.

Bottom line, I believe DelRio, RR and KS can put competent pieces in place that want to be here and play hard.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

skinsfan69 03-23-2020 06:28 PM

Don't have a problem with getting rid of Dunbar. He was always hurt and will continue to be hurt and wants top corner money. They evaluated him and felt he wasn't worth a long term investment so might as well get something for him. Pretty smart to move on from him.

MTK 03-23-2020 06:30 PM

I thought at best we’d get a 4th for him. Good corner but he’s not durable.

Buffalo Bob 03-23-2020 06:33 PM

So today was a little worse than trading Quinton Dunbar for Kyle Allen since a 5th from Seattle is lower than a 5th they sent to Carolina. The only thing that doesn't make that stupid is the fact Dunbar wanted out and has missed a lot of games recently.

mooby 03-23-2020 06:47 PM

[quote=calia;1247844]He was under contract-they had all the leverage.

They did if they wanted to force another Trent Williams situation on the team this year.

I for one do not want another scenario.

If you want out GTFO. We got what we could get for him, good luck elsewhere.

sdskinsfan2001 03-23-2020 06:58 PM

Don't love the trade. But much rather have the pick and move on than have this drag out.

Trade Trent now. If the 2 3rds is still on the table I pull the trigger yesterday.

sdskinsfan2001 03-23-2020 06:59 PM

Now that he's on the Seahawks I can root against him. A Gator and a Seahawk?! Boo that man.

EdmundDorf 03-23-2020 07:15 PM

Question.... why not trade Dunbar first then send that pick to Carolina for Allen, rather than hiving up the higher 5 rd pick...... it is like they are'nt even thinking these things through

Ruhskins 03-23-2020 07:17 PM

[quote=EdmundDorf;1247876]Question.... why not trade Dunbar first then send that pick to Carolina for Allen, rather than hiving up the higher 5 rd pick...... it is like they are'nt even thinking these things through[/quote]

Because maybe Carolina wanted our 5th, rather than a lower 5th round.

skinsfan69 03-23-2020 08:05 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;1247848]It is not the same old Redskins. The same old Redskins would have meant a pissing contest between Bruce Allen and Dunbar, that would have dragged on through the season.

Come on people, let's be a bit more smart about this.[/quote]

If Bruce was still here there is no way Dunbar's on his way to Seattle. No way.

Ruhskins 03-23-2020 08:16 PM

Very good information from Keim about the trade. He says basically teams were offering 6/7 round picks for Dunbar.

[url]https://twitter.com/john_keim/status/1242227612887535617[/url]

Irrefutable 03-23-2020 08:28 PM

[quote=Buffalo Bob;1247866]So today was a little worse than trading Quinton Dunbar for Kyle Allen since a 5th from Seattle is lower than a 5th they sent to Carolina. The only thing that doesn't make that stupid is the fact Dunbar wanted out and has missed a lot of games recently.[/quote]

They announced Redskins traded a 5th for Allen could it have been Seattle's 5th? I know the Allen trade was first, however the Dunbar trade could have been in the works.

FrenchSkin 03-23-2020 08:30 PM

[quote=mooby;1247870]They did if they wanted to force another Trent Williams situation on the team this year.

I for one do not want another scenario.

[B]If you want out GTFO. We got what we could get for him, good luck elsewhere[/B].[/quote]

Agreed.

We would all have loved to get a 4th for Dunbar, but this is a reminder that no matter how Skins fans love him (and I do), he's a converted WR coming of injuries.

Plus I think it shows RR wants to set a no BS culture in the locker room, like you said, you want out, GTFO.

They can't afford to be that blunt with TW, but I guarantee you, if TW agrees to a contract with another team, they won't hang to him if they don't get exactly the compensation they want. That's my feeling.

Number44 03-23-2020 09:28 PM

[quote=FrenchSkin;1247893]Agreed.

We would all have loved to get a 4th for Dunbar, but this is a reminder that no matter how Skins fans love him (and I do), he's a converted WR coming of injuries.

Plus I think it shows RR wants to set a no BS culture in the locker room, like you said, you want out, GTFO.

They can't afford to be that blunt with TW, but I guarantee you, if TW agrees to a contract with another team, they won't hang to him if they don't get exactly the compensation they want. That's my feeling.[/quote]

Yeah, he basically shouted a big FU at Rivera on social media before he ever even met the man. RR said see ya! Good riddance, as far as I'm concerned.

SFREDSKIN 03-23-2020 09:39 PM

Fuck Dunbar!! Good riddance!!! Same goes to Nicholson. I like the Sean Davis and Kyle Fuller moves, go get Breeland or Logan Ryan and our secondary is set. I like Strohman and Danny Johnson as backups.

Pervis_Griffith 03-23-2020 10:31 PM

Kinda surprised we got a 5th for him. But good riddance.

Now we almost have to go get two free agent CB's. Gimme Breeland and Ryan.

skinsfaninok 03-23-2020 11:05 PM

Definitely should have Breeland and Ryan signed ASAP

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

sdskinsfan2001 03-23-2020 11:05 PM

[quote=Pervis_Griffith;1247904]Kinda surprised we got a 5th for him. But good riddance.

Now we almost have to go get two free agent CB's. Gimme Breeland and Ryan.[/quote]

I liked Breeland when he was here more than the average Skins fan. Would be cool to bring him back. And he wants to be here. And he's won a Super Bowl. Let's make it happen!!

SFREDSKIN 03-23-2020 11:14 PM

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1247910]I liked Breeland when he was here more than the average Skins fan. Would be cool to bring him back. And he wants to be here. And he's won a Super Bowl. Let's make it happen!![/quote]

I always said he was our best CB, instead they signed Norman who didn’t do shit and let Breeland leave through FA, that was a mistake.

sdskinsfan2001 03-23-2020 11:18 PM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;1247911]I always said he was our best CB, instead they signed Norman who didn’t do shit and let Breeland leave through FA, that was a mistake.[/quote]

Was definitely awesome when he dominated Dez Typical Big Mouth Cowboys Player/Fan Bryant.

If we could sign one more FA that is a reasonable target, he would be my guy.

Warthog 03-24-2020 02:10 AM

A fifth draft pick is nothing. If Dunbar really wanted out then good riddance. Rivera is definitely the ANTI-BRUCE ALLEN. Allen was always about the big splash in FA. He went for guys who had injury backgrounds because they were cheaper. We never had any depth. Rivera is getting depth players who no one cares about. Rivera wants to build through the draft.

But the team has a LOT of holes which are not being answered in FA. We have NOTHING at TE. We hired a FS who was hurt almost all last season. I like the Kendall Fuller signing and hope we can get back Breeland. Rivera is putting a lot of pressure on Kyle Smith to find the diamonds in the depths of the draft and UDFA. If Kyle can get starters at TE and OT and WR#2 from the sub-third round and lower draft, then he will have proved himself to Rivera and deserves the GM job!!

Although it might not be popular, I’d like to see us re-hire Trent for a reasonable contract with the guaranteed money he wants. Not $20 mill, but with no interest in the NFL perhaps he will be more reasonable.

Rivera is definitely being responsible , getting players for reasonable salaries. But exactly what are they saving all the cap money for? They were going to throw $25 mill for Cooper but they didn’t want to pay Hooper an extra $500,000 a year? An extra $2 mill for Flowers? Rivera is definitely NOT over-paying for FA.

HOWEVER, Until the Redskins get better, until the team starts winning, until the team gets a winning culture, until the fans come back - they may need to overpay a little to get good players to come here or stay here. They may need to bring in young FA. I just don’t think Kyle Smith can be a miracle worker at every draft pick.

But Rivera has shown he wants to win and build a team via the draft- after 20 years of Snyder/Cerrato/Allen trying to win with overpaid, under-performing guys who came here to CASH IN. It’s a big change and this team can only go up! I really believe in Kyle Smith and by the FA period, so does Rivera.

AnonEmouse 03-24-2020 09:05 AM

Agreed, but with the cap spend specifically, a couple of points:
1) We are not party to the dialogues with other parties so we don't know the specifics in every instance, if any. All we're doing is reading between the lines. With all these negotiations they have to be balancing all the cap space across multiple strands of dialogue simultaneously. That may mean a wrong decision is made here or there because they misjudged the cap impact of upping our offer in that moment. As such I think they are erring on the side of caution, unlike say the Dolphins who have commited a lot of money to mainly 2nd tier FAs with no proven pedigree.
2) It's not just the year 1 impact to consider. We splash out on an FA we are not 100% sold on, we could be in cap he'll in 2-3 years time, especially when we want to re-sign/extend guys already on the roster, rookie contracts etc. We know largely what we have and who we want to keep, hence the Dunbar trade, releasing Nicholson etc. Says to me Ron wants to keep guys like Allen, Payne, Holcomb, Sims, Harmon etc. and probably the guys we're not 100% on like Sweat. We commit say $20M cap to someone like Cooper, just for example, over the next 2-3 years and that's money we burn or can't spend elsewhere. I'd rather go into September with $20M cap space than waste our opportunities next year and maybe more importantly, the year after. We can't buy a SB team this year so why try?
3) Just my thinking, but I think they are keeping money aside to re-sign TW, assuming his trsde search is fruitless. Yes there'd still be money left after that, but it's a factor.

I think they could have been a little more aggressive in going after the likes of Hooper, Littleton etc. Guys I would say were good prime candidates. But we don't know what happened when they called them. I'm inclined to trust the process for now at least.

Ohioskins 03-24-2020 09:17 AM

Well is there a backup CB who is coming off an injury ? That is who we will sign.

Meks 03-24-2020 10:35 AM

at least a 4 and 7 or something.... this trade sucks asshole unless we reap something out of the pick.

Meks 03-24-2020 10:36 AM

i hope this means they are signing breeland, whom i thought should have been given more time here anyway

GridIron26 03-24-2020 11:20 AM

[quote=Meks;1247948]i hope this means they are signing breeland, whom i thought should have been given more time here anyway[/quote]

Logan Ryan could be other option as well

Meks 03-24-2020 11:43 AM

[quote=GridIron26;1247956]Logan Ryan could be other option as well[/quote]

wouldnt mind either, or both lol

htownskinfan 03-24-2020 05:53 PM

[quote=Meks;1247947]at least a 4 and 7 or something.... this trade sucks asshole unless we reap something out of the pick.[/quote]

Yeah I agree.Why not just pay the guy? We pay Norman 18 mill per year for shitty play and bad tude but we cant give this guy a raise?