Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Predictions for the 53Man roster 2019 (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64420)

CRedskinsRule 08-28-2019 10:12 AM

Predictions for the 53Man roster 2019

Keim puts his prediction here:

[url]https://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/38908/redskins-53-man-roster-does-not-include-pro-bowler-trent-williams[/url]

and it to me represents the worst of Gruden's tendencies:
At QB he has us keeping 3, simply to keep Colt on the roster. WHY?????
RB he has Perrine over Marshall WHY????
WR he has Doctson there with a note that his position isn't a lock. ISN'T A LOCK. There should be a LOCK, but one that keeps Doctson from coming through the front door ever again!
OL I hope they are better than Vikings 2017 OL, but that isn't saying much...

At least Defense and ST seems like they couldn't f*** that up too much.

FrenchSkin 08-28-2019 06:51 PM

Re: Predictions for the 53Man roster 2019

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1227827]Keim puts his prediction here:

[url]https://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/38908/redskins-53-man-roster-does-not-include-pro-bowler-trent-williams[/url]

and it to me represents the worst of Gruden's tendencies:
At QB he has us keeping 3, simply to keep Colt on the roster. WHY?????
RB he has Perrine over Marshall WHY????
WR he has Doctson there with a note that his position isn't a lock. ISN'T A LOCK. [B]There should be a LOCK, but one that keeps Doctson from coming through the front door ever again![/B]
OL I hope they are better than Vikings 2017 OL, but that isn't saying much...

At least Defense and ST seems like they couldn't f*** that up too much.[/quote]

Agreed.

Not a prediction, but here would be my ideal 53, in [I][U]italic[/U][/I] the players on ESPN's roster that and I'm cutting, in [B]bold[/B] the players not on ESPN's roster that I'm keeping:

Offense: 27

QB: Haskins, Keenum 2 (We need that spot more than [I][U]Colt[/U][/I], and as Sheehan said, that tentation for Jay to go to McCoy needs to end)

RB: AP, Guice, CT, [B]Marshall, Reynolds[/B] 5 (Enough with [I][U]Perine[/U][/I], and we need some depth behind AP who's more likely than not gone next year, and CT who's often injured)

WR: Richardson, McLaurin, Quinn, Harmon, [B]Chesson, Kidsy,[/B] Cam Sims 7 ([I][U]Doctson[/U][/I] needs to be out of this locker room if you want to build a winning culture, I'm keeping future talent over him)

TE: Reed, VD, Sprinkle, [B]Flanagan[/B] 4 (I think Flanagan is a decent blocker, he can play FB, and I think he caught a couple of balls in preseason, we need depth behind an aging veteran and Reed who should retire for his health)

C: Roulier, Pierschbacher 2 (Keeping [I][U]Bergstrom[/U][/I] is beyond me)

G: Scherff, Wes Martin, Flowers 3

T: Moses, Penn, Christian + most promising of [B]Parris/Hance/Thornton[/B] 4 (I have no idea if any of these 3 is good, Parris looked horrible in PS, but we need depth and I hope we can find one effin decent back up OL...)

Defense: 23

DL: Allen, Payne, Ioannidis, Settle, [B]Bee[/B], Brantley 6 (I think Bee earned a spot)

OLB: RK, Sweat, McKinzy, Ryan Anderson 4

ILB: Bostic, SDH, Holcomb, Harvey-Clemons 4 (Not keeping [I][U]Marquis Flowers[/U][/I] because I've not seen anything from him and I'm confident with the other guys)

CB: Norman, Dunbar, Moreland, Moreau, Stroman 5 (See absolutely no point in keeping [I][U]DRC[/U][/I])

S: Collins, Nicholson, Everett, Reaves 4 (No reason to keep [I][U]Apke[/U] [/I]either IMHO)

SP: 3

P: Tress Way 1
K: Hopkins 1
LS: Sundberg 1

Meks 08-28-2019 07:15 PM

Jay keeping McCoy may just be nervousness of the o line, fearing we will need 3 ... But I agree perine should be gone. Don't know what will happen with doctson I think they may be holding on to him for a trade for a hand sandwich

FrenchSkin 08-28-2019 07:30 PM

[quote=Meks;1227854]Jay keeping McCoy may just be nervousness of the o line, fearing we will need 3 ... But I agree perine should be gone. Don't know what will happen with doctson [B]I think they may be holding on to him for a trade for a hand sandwich[/B][/quote]

Who would give a used condom for Doctson ? I really have a hard time seeing what kind of value they'd expecting for a former 1st round pick that hasn't produce a damn thing, keeps dropping balls, and doesn't look like he has any passion for this game...

CRedskinsRule 08-28-2019 07:34 PM

With Colt injured nobody is going to sign him if he is cut. And if we get to the point we need him, Jay should be fired that game.

Irrefutable 08-28-2019 11:19 PM

They could pick up 2 or 3 players off waivers. . . . TE,OL, S

Meks 08-29-2019 04:01 AM

McCoy does not need a spot over a possible replacement on the meat side of our o line

Warthog 08-29-2019 12:59 PM

Jay is keeping players that will be cut the second he gets fired from his job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warthog 08-30-2019 03:58 AM

I think Steve Sims will make the WR group this year based on this outstanding last game. Having a PR threat is the tie-breaker.

I don’t think Cam Sims will make the cut. Only catching 1 pass out of 7 is a career killer when you’re on the bubble in the last preseason game.

OmahaRedskins 08-30-2019 07:46 AM

Last cam sims caught everything this year he can’t catch a cold.

KI Skins Fan 08-30-2019 08:41 AM

[quote=Warthog;1227957]I think Steve Sims will make the WR group this year based on this outstanding last game. Having a PR threat is the tie-breaker.

I don’t think Cam Sims will make the cut. Only catching 1 pass out of 7 is a career killer when you’re on the bubble in the last preseason game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Steve Sims is definitely a keeper. He has great speed; he gets open; the catch he made in the end zone was as good a catch as you'll see; he looked like a potential game-breaker on the one kick return. We need his kind of explosiveness.

We need to keep Holtz at TE. Holtz is a solid blocker, he catches the ball well, and he is the only TE we have who punishes tacklers (which I think is a good thing). Also, I think Holtz has gained muscle over the off-season. He is now stronger and much more physical. A poor man's Donnie Warren. We should keep four TE's because of health issues, if for no other reason.

Geron Christian is a horrible pass blocker. I noticed a RB helping him double team some 4th or 5th team DE that he couldn't handle last night. There is no reason to waste a roster spot on him.

Troy Apke catches a lot of criticism here but I think we need to keep him for ST. He is very good on teams and he speed would be missed there. If you haven't noticed, he has become a sure tackler on both teams and on D. I think he still has considerable upside. Remember, he hasn't had much experience at FS in either college or the pros.

Perine is absolutely better than the other candidates for a spot as a 4th RB. He's the strongest of the group; he gets yards after contact; he can stonewall blitzers; he catches the ball adequately. Overall, he's the best choice.

Bee is a real hustler. He doesn't quit on plays and he runs well. If the Skins decide to keep six DL's I'd keep him.

Warthog 08-30-2019 02:11 PM

The real questions at WR:

Do we keep 7 spots at WR? (yes please!)
Does Gruden keep his mediocre player favorite - Docston? (dump him tomorrow)
Does Gruden keep either Steve Sims or Cam Sims? (I go with Steve)

calia 08-31-2019 02:57 AM

Keep both Sims and dump Doc. Could happen.

CRedskinsRule 08-31-2019 07:17 AM

[QUOTE=Warthog;1228007]The real questions at WR:

Do we keep 7 spots at WR? (yes please!)

Does Gruden keep his mediocre player favorite - Docston? (dump him tomorrow)

Does Gruden keep either Steve Sims or Cam Sims? (I go with Steve)[/QUOTE]Gruden said it was between 5 or 6 WRs. I have come to think the reason McLaurin didnt play is because they are going to try and put him on the practice squad. Right now my pessimistic prediction is they keep 6 WR
Doctson
Quinn
PRich
C Sims
Quick
R Davis

What I would like to see is
R Davis
Quinn
PRich
McLaurin
Kidzy