Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Other Sports (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Washington Capitals 2010-2011 ongoing thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=38771)

GMScud 05-04-2011 10:12 PM

Re: Washington Capitals 2010-2011 ongoing thread

[quote=SirClintonPortis;801256]Haha, killed with help from Marc-Andre Bergeron and Dominic Moore for the second year in a row.

I'm jumping for joy. Oven chicken can go emo for another year.[/quote]

Resisting.... urge.... to ban......

RobH4413 05-04-2011 10:12 PM

Well, what can I say. Good season.

I think Boudreau is canned. He's finished. This is probably one of the best places to coach hockey, so hopefully we'll get someone solid to fill the ranks.

I love Boudreau, but we've been consistently out couched in the playoffs. Our PP was shut down. Our PK was worthless. We looked confused, undisciplined, and leaderless.

Stuff like too many men on the ice calls- get real. The Tampa 1-3-1 zone, we had no answer to. Instead of penetrating the zone, we let their forechecker either funnel our guys to the boards, or dump it in. I mean, that's what it's designed to do... but Boudreau had no answer.

All in all, I love this team...and I love our talent top to bottom. Neuwirth looked good (not spectacular) between the pipes, and we're fine at Goal. I doubt once again that GMGM addresses goalie in the off season.

Good season Caps fans... and like must of us in DC are used to. Their is always next year. Time to switch gears full-time into Redskins mode.

SirClintonPortis 05-04-2011 10:14 PM

[quote=GMScud;801257]Resisting.... urge.... to ban......[/quote]

Resisting...urge...to...troll...some...more.

I'm a proud deserter. Go Habs Go!.

GMScud 05-04-2011 10:19 PM

[quote=RobH4413;801258]Well, what can I say. Good season.

I think Boudreau is canned. He's finished. This is probably one of the best places to coach hockey, so hopefully we'll get someone solid to fill the ranks.

I love Boudreau, but we've been consistently out couched in the playoffs. Our PP was shut down. Our PK was worthless. We looked confused, undisciplined, and leaderless.

Stuff like too many men on the ice calls- get real. The Tampa 1-3-1 zone, we had no answer to. Instead of penetrating the zone, we let their forechecker either funnel our guys to the boards, or dump it in. I mean, that's what it's designed to do... but Boudreau had no answer.

All in all, I love this team...and I love our talent top to bottom. Neuwirth looked good (not spectacular) between the pipes, and we're fine at Goal. I doubt once again that GMGM addresses goalie in the off season.

Good season Caps fans... and like must of us in DC are used to. Their is always next year. Time to switch gears full-time into Redskins mode.[/quote]

I wouldn't say good season. I'd say good REGULAR season. With the talent on this roster, we need to make a seriously deep playoff push- like Eastern Conference Finals at worst, for me to call it a good season.

Dirtbag59 05-05-2011 12:07 AM

[quote=GMScud;801257]Resisting.... urge.... to ban......[/quote]

In honor of Star Wars Day or whatever today/yesterday is/was I give you my response with the following video.
[YT]En7wBJ-hg9w[/YT]

mredskins 05-05-2011 08:09 AM

When the Bruins were down 0-2 to MTL I was asking Caps fans if there was room on their band wagon, now this morning one guy came up and was like got room on the Bruins band wagon. I said sure hope on!

mlmdub130 05-05-2011 08:12 AM

[quote=GMScud;801261]I wouldn't say good season. I'd say good REGULAR season. With the talent on this roster, we need to make a seriously deep playoff push- like Eastern Conference Finals at worst, for me to call it a good season.[/quote]

this post season was an epic failure, we got swept losing the first two at home, the only glimmer of hope is it wasn't in the first round. i really don't know where to point the blame cause there is a lot to go around. more so than i am with the coaching i'm done with semin and his no show in the post season, every god damn year he shuts it down, it's like he is done playing hockey for the year when the post season starts. ugh so depressing...

SmootSmack 05-05-2011 08:44 AM

[quote=GMScud;801261]I wouldn't say good season. I'd say good REGULAR season. With the talent on this roster, we need to make a seriously deep playoff push- like Eastern Conference Finals at worst, for me to call it a good season.[/quote]

Yeah, and like I said back in October, the Caps are past the point where regular season should even matter

[url]http://www.thewarpath.net/747826-post33.html[/url]

Leonsis' whole be patient and rebuild is admirable, but enough is enough. Time for change

SirClintonPortis 05-06-2011 11:35 AM

[quote=mredskins;801297]When the Bruins were down 0-2 to MTL I was asking Caps fans if there was room on their band wagon, now this morning one guy came up and was like got room on the Bruins band wagon. I said sure hope on![/quote]Talk about losing hope way to soon. But then again, your Bruins only gave hope to the enemy in the past and will do it again (Up 3-0, lost 4-3;):FIREdevil).

mredskins 05-06-2011 11:52 AM

[quote=SirClintonPortis;801619]Talk about losing hope way to soon. But then again, your Bruins only gave hope to the enemy in the past and will do it again (Up 3-0, lost 4-3;):FIREdevil).[/quote]
Sounds like sour grapes.

GMScud 05-06-2011 01:23 PM

Looks like Boudreau is gonna dodge the ax, which I think is a bad decision by McPhee/Leonsis. At what point is there accountability instead of excuses?

Great read by Boswell on their situation. I recommend it for any Caps fan:

[url=http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/capitals/capitals-still-need-to-add-some-bite/2011/05/05/AFLZcD2F_story.html]Capitals need to head in a different direction - The Washington Post[/url]

SirClintonPortis 05-06-2011 01:31 PM

[quote=mredskins;801624]Sounds like sour grapes.[/quote]

Yes, in part due to Dr. Recchi and Ference's bird.

But, I'll stop there, as I am now reminded of the bald and lazy Alasxican and the mediocre coach that has put me in state of shame regarding my own hockey team's performance.

mredskins 06-07-2011 08:13 AM

Didn't want to start a whole new thread but....

GO BRUINS!

Dirtbag59 06-08-2011 03:29 AM

[quote=mredskins;806007]Didn't want to start a whole new thread but....

GO BRUINS![/quote]

I don't know who to root for. On one hand the Canucks represent us and if they win the cup that gives us hope that we can eventually overcome early playoff exits. On the other hand I'm freaking tired of hearing about how much better the West is and how we should just automatically hand the Cup to the West winner.

mredskins 06-16-2011 08:35 AM

Bruins hip hip hooray!!!! What a great playoff run. I have now seen all my teams win a championship in my lifetime. Redskins, Red Sox, Bruins, and Celtics.