Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hey Ho, Haslett has to go! (or maybe not) (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=50032)

The Goat 10-29-2012 05:23 PM

re: Hey Ho, Haslett has to go! (or maybe not)

Not suitable for a poll, but the most important question on defense is: How the flying f*ck do you end up in a 3-4 defense w/o coaches OR players suited for it???

44ever 10-29-2012 05:36 PM

Same ol' Redskins.... Same ol' Fans.... You guys have lost your minds!
No!!! We do not replace Has mid season. Nor do we replace him after this season. We simply do not have all the holes filled yet. If we start over again, we will be talking like this for the next 5 years...

calia 10-29-2012 05:42 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;958692]Fletcher's disconnect with Haslett was a big reason why he nearly didn't return this year. Haslett and Alexander have butted heads plenty as well. As have Wilson and Haslett[/quote]

OK -- Fletcher, Alexander, and Wilson are guys whose opinions on this I would value (especially the first two).

DynamiteRave 10-29-2012 05:44 PM

[quote=44ever;958697]Same ol' Redskins.... Same ol' Fans.... You guys have lost your minds!
No!!! We do not replace Has mid season. Nor do we replace him after this season. We simply do not have all the holes filled yet. If we start over again, we will be talking like this for the next 5 years...[/quote]

I'm not completely sold on switching from 3-4 back to 4-3 and saying that 3-4 may cause turnovers but not stopping points.

I'd rather us get a coordinator that KNOWS the 3-4. Asking a dude that's better in the 4-3 than 3-4 is like asking Tom Brady to run the option: He'll do it but it's gonna look really f'ing ugly.

SmootSmack 10-29-2012 06:00 PM

[quote=Chico23231;958695]SS, can you answer this...how do you think the reaction of the Path will be with the coach we are looking at to replace Haslett and will he (or she if Rex Ryan) continue with the 3-4?[/quote]

Some will always be upset by that. Me? We could run a 0-7 for all I care. Just give me results

TheMalcolmConnection 10-29-2012 06:08 PM

Speaking of the 3-4 and turnovers, was that something proven or was it just someone saying, "We're going to get a lot more turnovers in the 3-4"?

WaldSkins 10-29-2012 06:12 PM

[quote=diehardskin2982;958672]Morris doesn't have exp in 3-4 other than here. Not ready yet[/quote]

Yes Morris clearly doesn't have the exp to keep up with our current dead last defensive ranking...

mooby 10-29-2012 06:13 PM

I voted wait until after the season but if he's already lost the players, and we have another poor performance against the Panthers (a very real posssibility) I can definitely see us getting rid of him at the bye week. Who would I replace him with? Probably Bob Slowik. I doubt he'd do a much better job but then again it can't get much worse than Haslett. I'm still not sure why they'd ask Haslett to do the job if he didn't want to run a 3-4 in the first place though.

BigHairedAristocrat 10-29-2012 06:13 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;958656]There's no clear choice to replace him now. So wait until the end of the season and get...[/quote]

I'd kill if we could get the pilsbury dough boy from Houston.

mooby 10-29-2012 06:15 PM

[quote=TheMalcolmConnection;958704]Speaking of the 3-4 and turnovers, was that something proven or was it just someone saying, "We're going to get a lot more turnovers in the 3-4"?[/quote]

I believe Shanny wanted to institute the 3-4 because the film study he did in his year off from coaching led him to believe it's the best defense as far as stopping offenses go as well as it forces more turnovers. Idk, I mean the Bears have ran a 4-3 for a while now and their defense is still balling. Whatever way they decide to go, idc what it is, as long as it produces results.

53Fan 10-29-2012 06:16 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;958692]Fletcher's disconnect with Haslett was a big reason why he nearly didn't return this year. Haslett and Alexander have butted heads plenty as well. As have Wilson and Haslett[/quote]

Just another reason for me. Fire his ass now. Doesn't have to be Morris to replace him. We have other position coaches besides Morris.

MTK 10-29-2012 06:26 PM

I still say it doesn't matter what sort of front we run as long as the secondary stinks. If we changed to a 4-3 right now, do you really think anything would be different?

dmek25 10-29-2012 06:28 PM

what about Bob Diaco of notre dame? heard whispers about him, but dont know much. except they do run a 3-4

Gary84Clark 10-29-2012 06:29 PM

[quote=The Goat;958696]Not suitable for a poll, but the most important question on defense is: How the flying f*ck do you end up in a 3-4 defense w/o coaches OR players suited for it???[/quote]

Reminds me of how Zorn was trying to learn the WCO and coach it at the same time.

Hog1 10-29-2012 06:30 PM

I hate like hell to change to another configuration.....need the consistency and we do not need the delay that our guys will experience while they acclimate to the new system not to mention those that will not be a good fit.
And YES, gut the secondary or none of this matters......