Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   NFL Anthem Policy (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64122)

punch it in 05-31-2018 10:29 AM

Re: NFL Anthem Policy

[QUOTE=Chico23231;1195064]This is just made up garbage excuses from SJW to divide the country. It works in the internet world but not real life.

Don't waste your time thinking about it....its divisive.[/QUOTE]

You are so utterly wrong about who is dividing the country it is mind boggling

punch it in 05-31-2018 10:41 AM

[QUOTE=metalskins;1195061]Why is it that if someone is white, they're also privileged?[/QUOTE]

There are exceptions to every rule. However I would say that it is a privilege to walk into a store without people watching you like a hawk because you are black. I would say it is a privilege to not hear doors lock when you walk to close to their cars. I would say it is a privilege to just go about your day without worrying what people think about you because of your skin color. But these are just made up things on the internet by liberals. LMAO.

MTK 05-31-2018 11:22 AM

Racism doesn’t exist folks, it’s just the liberal media working it’s voodoo magic on the sheeple

Chico23231 05-31-2018 11:48 AM

lol oh so white privilege meaning is racism today. got it.

meanwhile, im here at work and in my community among which is extremely diverse in every since of the word. Everyone working together, living together, hanging together, etc. Most people in the same boat and getting along just fine.

Its wonderful to be in this country where anybody can do anything they want. This is the greatest country in the world. We have come along way and got some ways to go...but meanwhile we dominant.

Its no greater privilege than to wake up everyday here and that goes for everyone.

jamf 05-31-2018 11:49 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1195064]This is just made up garbage excuses from SJW to divide the country. It works in the internet world but not real life.

Don't waste your time thinking about it....its divisive.[/quote]

White people claiming white privilege doesn't exist.:embarrass

Chico23231 05-31-2018 11:55 AM

[quote=jamf;1195070]White people claiming white privilege doesn't exist.:embarrass[/quote]

right I sit around infuriated that other people who don't look like me are successful. Man, this country....don't they know the rules!!!:embarrass

MTK 05-31-2018 11:55 AM

Chico apparently lives in utopia guys, nothing to see here, move along with your fake news problems, all is well with the world lol

Giantone 05-31-2018 11:59 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1195069]

Its wonderful to be in this country where anybody can do anything they want. This is the greatest country in the world. We have come along way and got some ways to go...but meanwhile we dominant.

Its no greater privilege than to wake up everyday here and that goes for everyone.[/quote]

Chico ,I honestly understand what you're trying to get at and yes we all agree to a person America is a great place.
Yet you say anybody can do anything they want ,and that is not true ...Muslims ,Mexicans,Blacks, Women ....just an example of groups of people in this country facing racism or bigotry.You have a president who is force ably throwing people out and will not let others in...even legally. I will say like you we have a hell of a long way to go , and getting rid of that racist president has got to be a start.

punch it in 05-31-2018 12:04 PM

[QUOTE=Chico23231;1195071]right I sit around infuriated that other people who don't look like me are successful. Man, this country....don't they know the rules!!!:embarrass[/QUOTE]

Dont take it personally that racism is a thing man. Nobody is calling you a racist. I don’t believe you are one. I do believe you are mighty naive if you don’t think there are people who sit around infuriated that other people do not look like them. I know several.

punch it in 05-31-2018 12:06 PM

[QUOTE=MTK;1195072]Chico apparently lives in utopia guys, nothing to see here, move along with your fake news problems, all is well with the world lol[/QUOTE]

Are there any vacancies? I could use a break. Lol.

Chico23231 05-31-2018 12:19 PM

[quote=MTK;1195072]Chico apparently lives in utopia guys, nothing to see here, move along with your fake news problems, all is well with the world lol[/quote]

I live in a world where a lawyer walks into store hears people speaking Spanish and defiantly states "you're in America, speak English." Fairly terrible person...obviously. This one moment is taken and shared in every form of media. Its talked about, commented on and bounced back and forth for about a week.

This single moment of stupidity [B]shouldn't mean a thing[/B], but is sensationalized and given power to by folks whose sole interest is for ratings, clicks, money, and ego. Everyone can see this guy is a moron. But then others take moment to say "this is just how it is." This guy action is somehow a norm....that in some twisted reality most people think like this. They take it and use it to breed a false narrative...that they use to sell and influence. That simply isn't right.

yes, we have some problems in the country...some pockets and even some institutions for sure. I think we are working towards solutions. Im happy about that progress.

But yes sheeple...people are blindly believing a lot of these false narratives...I just want to challenge people to really think about it and do you routinely see this?

Chico23231 05-31-2018 12:21 PM

[quote=punch it in;1195074]Dont take it personally that racism is a thing man. Nobody is calling you a racist. I don’t believe you are one. I do believe you are mighty naive if you don’t think there are people who sit around infuriated that other people do not look like them. I know several.[/quote]

have I ever said it didn't exist? FFS

punch it in 05-31-2018 12:24 PM

[QUOTE=Chico23231;1195078]have I ever said it didn't exist? FFS[/QUOTE]

You said very clearly that you do not sit around infuriated by it. So either u were taking the comments extremely personally or you were making the scenario out to be some sort of farce.

punch it in 05-31-2018 12:30 PM

NFL Anthem Policy

[QUOTE=Chico23231;1195077]I live in a world where a lawyer walks into store hears people speaking Spanish and defiantly states "you're in America, speak English." Fairly terrible person...obviously. This one moment is taken and shared in every form of media. Its talked about, commented on and bounced back and forth for about a week.

This single moment of stupidity [B]shouldn't mean a thing[/B], but is sensationalized and given power to by folks whose sole interest is for ratings, clicks, money, and ego. Everyone can see this guy is a moron. But then others take moment to say "this is just how it is." This guy action is somehow a norm....that in some twisted reality most people think like this. They take it and use it to breed a false narrative...that they use to sell and influence. That simply isn't right.

yes, we have some problems in the country...some pockets and even some institutions for sure. I think we are working towards solutions. Im happy about that progress.

But yes sheeple...people are blindly believing a lot of these false narratives...I just want to challenge people to really think about it and do you routinely see this?[/QUOTE]

Please for the love of God stop down playing xenophobia and racism. Any story on any news network is for ratings Chico. Not just the so called liberal media. That is their job. How you process that news or what you do about it is up to you. You choose to call it meaningless and over hyped. I choose to take solace in the fact that that piece of shit ruined his own life in a matter of minutes because it was broadcast for weeks. Good. Maybe others will think before they open their racist pie holes and spread more hate into the world.
Edit: just for the record the lawyer also said he pays all their welfare which is funny because they were literally at work. Also he isn’t “fairly” terrible he is “completely “ terrible. Saying he is “fairly” terrible is very reminiscent of Drumpfs “ bad people on both sides” line.

Chico23231 05-31-2018 12:46 PM

[quote=punch it in;1195079]You said very clearly that you do not sit around infuriated by it. So either u were taking the comments extremely personally or you were making the scenario out to be some sort of farce.[/quote]

what? You seem confused. But yeah any type of made up privilege based on race or ethnicity is a farce. People deal with the same problems all over this country and people can equally rise to the highest office of this country...neither are based any type of privilege but willingness to put that work in...and god bless them if they do.

punch it in 05-31-2018 12:48 PM

[QUOTE=Chico23231;1195081]what? You seem confused. But yeah any type of made up privilege based on race or ethnicity is a farce. People deal with the same problems all over this country and people can equally rise to the highest office of this country...neither are based any type of privilege but willingness to put that work in...and god bless them if they do.[/QUOTE]

Um....i am definitely not the confused one. Anyway I admire your obliviousness. In a way I am actually jealous.

Chico23231 05-31-2018 12:52 PM

[quote=punch it in;1195080]Please for the love of God stop down playing xenophobia and racism. Any story on any news network is for ratings Chico. Not just the so called liberal media. That is their job. How you process that news or what you do about it is up to you. You choose to call it meaningless and over hyped. I choose to take solace in the fact that that piece of shit ruined his own life in a matter of minutes because it was broadcast for weeks. Good. Maybe others will think before they open their racist pie holes and spread more hate into the world.[/quote]

The best response is the one video, he was laughed at. I think that summed it up.

But yeah man, get on that horse Don Quixote the windmills are everywhere

punch it in 05-31-2018 01:00 PM

[QUOTE=Chico23231;1195083]The best response is the one video, he was laughed at. I think that summed it up.

But yeah man, get on that horse Don Quixote the windmills are everywhere[/QUOTE]

Yup and you keep musing at that funny little racism thing. The one you really aren’t sure exists except in tiny little pockets in galaxies far far away. [emoji849]

metalskins 05-31-2018 01:04 PM

I had no idea being held at gun point and my life threatened by a black gang for nothing more than sport was white privilege. Who knew?

punch it in 05-31-2018 01:17 PM

NFL Anthem Policy

[QUOTE=metalskins;1195086]I had no idea being held at gun point and my life threatened by a black gang for nothing more than sport was white privilege. Who knew?[/QUOTE]

Nobody said all black people were good and all white people were privileged. Nice try though. Oh, and ill let you in on a little secret - people of all colors commit crimes. We are referring to the decent whites, asians, blacks, etc etc. There are assholes that come in every color.
Edit: just for the record I was in a similar situation, but I choose to look at the big picture.

punch it in 05-31-2018 01:18 PM

NFL Anthem Policy

Whoops

CRedskinsRule 05-31-2018 01:49 PM

When I was in 5th grade one of my best friends (i'm white he's black) had a cross burned in his yard. My dad, whom I love was a racist (still is but he has made strides) - didn't kill me when I introduced him to my first love, that was progress, if my older brother had had a black girlfriend we might not have had him as a poster here.

My junior high was named Roger B Taney. I had no idea who he was. It's now named Thurgood Marshall Middle.

My kids have friends of all races and creeds.

My point isn't that racism doesn't exist, but it's also not something that you flip a switch on and it's gone. I believe that the US today has far more equal access to opportunity regardless of skin color or gender then it did even 20 years ago. I also believe that it is moving in the right direction at a good pace.

That doesn't mean that all oppression or inequality has stopped, but I do believe that it represents the minority of the minority of US citizens.

With all that said, if anyone wants to highlight areas the US can improve, that's a good thing, as long as they are willing to work towards that improvement in a respectful and positive manner.

Long winded, but this is my way of agreeing wholeheartedly with BHA's post a while back.

punch it in 05-31-2018 01:56 PM

[QUOTE=CRedskinsRule;1195090]When I was in 5th grade one of my best friends (i'm white he's black) had a cross burned in his yard. My dad, whom I love was a racist (still is but he has made strides) - didn't kill me when I introduced him to my first love, that was progress, if my older brother had had a black girlfriend we might not have had him as a poster here.

My junior high was named Roger B Taney. I had no idea who he was. It's now named Thurgood Marshall Middle.

My kids have friends of all races and creeds.

My point isn't that racism doesn't exist, but it's also not something that you flip a switch on and it's gone. I believe that the US today has far more equal access to opportunity regardless of skin color or gender then it did even 20 years ago. I also believe that it is moving in the right direction at a good pace.

That doesn't mean that all oppression or inequality has stopped, but I do believe that it represents the minority of the minority of US citizens.

With all that said, if anyone wants to highlight areas the US can improve, that's a good thing, as long as they are willing to work towards that improvement in a respectful and positive manner.

Long winded, but this is my way of agreeing wholeheartedly with BHA's post a while back.[/QUOTE]

Well said C-Red. I would just add that the minority’s minority still consists of millions and that is way too much. One is way too much.

sdskinsfan2001 05-31-2018 02:00 PM

White devil, white devil!!

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/JbcB4uq.gif[/IMG]

jamf 05-31-2018 02:01 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1195077]I live in a world where a lawyer walks into store hears people speaking Spanish and defiantly states "you're in America, speak English." Fairly terrible person...obviously. This one moment is taken and shared in every form of media. Its talked about, commented on and bounced back and forth for about a week.

But yes sheeple...people are blindly believing a lot of these false narratives...I just want to challenge people to really think about it and do you routinely see this?[/quote]

What you call an act of stupidity that shouldn't mean a thing is an act of Hatred and Racism and does mean a thing if you are on the receiving end of it.

Why won't you call him a racist?
Are you racist? Seems like only a racist won't acknowledge racism.
He has a history of doing similar shit. This wasn't a single moment of stupidity.

Chico23231 05-31-2018 02:34 PM

[quote=jamf;1195094]What you call an act of stupidity that shouldn't mean a thing is an act of Hatred and Racism and does mean a thing if you are on the receiving end of it.

[B]Why won't you call him a racist?
Are you racist? Seems like only a racist won't acknowledge racism. [/B]He has a history of doing similar shit. This wasn't a single moment of stupidity.[/quote]

Of course he is....but because I didn't say the word racism that's means I'm racist now? Is this another internet rule Jamf? I know I broke the first one and you called me out. Ohhhh...the thought police....Ive heard about this....(jk)

I'm really surprised by somehow my string of post has only brought you to that conclusion...but yes I'm glad we finally brought this guy to the infamy he deserved. While giving him a platform with his extremely perverse, racist 10 seconds....what did we achieve again? Sold some clicks, ad revenue, lotta hot air, saw some finger wag, Im sure Don Lemon and Anderson Cooper ratings were up (high five!) while talking about it, etc.

BigHairedAristocrat 05-31-2018 03:59 PM

[quote=punch it in;1195087]Nobody said all black people were good and all white people were privileged.[/quote]
oh snap - calling people hate being called out on their straw man fallacies! :D

jamf 05-31-2018 04:51 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1195095]Of course he is....but because I didn't say the word racism that's means I'm racist now? Is this another internet rule Jamf? I know I broke the first one and you called me out. Ohhhh...the thought police....Ive heard about this....(jk)

I'm really surprised by somehow my string of post has only brought you to that conclusion...but yes I'm glad we finally brought this guy to the infamy he deserved. While giving him a platform with his extremely perverse, racist 10 seconds....what did we achieve again? Sold some clicks, ad revenue, lotta hot air, saw some finger wag, Im sure Don Lemon and Anderson Cooper ratings were up (high five!) while talking about it, etc.[/quote]

You didn't achieve anything.

But if the shame and ridicule this has brought the racist lawyer prevents even one Racist from opening their mouth in public to verbally assault someone then it's a giant victory for all bilingual Americans.

punch it in 05-31-2018 09:22 PM

[QUOTE=Chico23231;1195095]Of course he is....but because I didn't say the word racism that's means I'm racist now? Is this another internet rule Jamf? I know I broke the first one and you called me out. Ohhhh...the thought police....Ive heard about this....(jk)

I'm really surprised by somehow my string of post has only brought you to that conclusion...but yes I'm glad we finally brought this guy to the infamy he deserved. While giving him a platform with his extremely perverse, racist 10 seconds....what did we achieve again? Sold some clicks, ad revenue, lotta hot air, saw some finger wag, Im sure Don Lemon and Anderson Cooper ratings were up (high five!) while talking about it, etc.[/QUOTE]

Dude you called him a fairly terrible person and said his rant was meaningless. What do u expect? This is for u. Lol.
[url]https://youtu.be/16bFBzx7I_0[/url]

punch it in 05-31-2018 09:23 PM

[QUOTE=jamf;1195105]You didn't achieve anything.

But if the shame and ridicule this has brought the racist lawyer prevents even one Racist from opening their mouth in public to verbally assault someone then it's a giant victory for all bilingual Americans.[/QUOTE]

Bravo Jam F. Brav fucking o.

sdskinsfan2001 06-01-2018 12:26 AM

[IMG]https://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2017/08/sjw-sensitive-pussification-social-justice-warrior-memes-offended-33.jpg?quality=85&strip=info&w=600[/IMG]

JPPT1974 06-01-2018 01:57 AM

Or that if they do stand how about suspending them a game over on it. Really the NFL dropped the ball over on that. As it should send a message to them.

Chico23231 06-01-2018 09:06 AM

[quote=punch it in;1195114]Dude you called him a fairly terrible person and said his rant was meaningless. What do u expect? This is for u. Lol.
[url]https://youtu.be/16bFBzx7I_0[/url][/quote]

This isn’t a national story for a day, week or two weeks. You are platforming the behavior and folks use it for revenue in the which a major by product to spread a divisive tone. When you highlight absurb behavior in such a way, you normalize and in a less direct way, encourage it. I think school shootings (I’ll have spell it for some, “I do not condone school shootings”) we have seen the same phenomenon.

You and jamf aren’t following me...it’s fine. both you and jamf are more concern in calling me racist because that’s what people do online when the opinion which opposes their own when it comes to the hot buttons topic. I get it, a lot folks get it. But peace and love to both of you.

Back to the anthem....i probably would not have changed anything and if I did I would have more buy in from the players. I think the issue is more important than just a company rule.

SCRedskinsFan 06-01-2018 09:09 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1195077]I live in a world where a lawyer walks into store hears people speaking Spanish and defiantly states "you're in America, speak English." Fairly terrible person...obviously. This one moment is taken and shared in every form of media. Its talked about, commented on and bounced back and forth for about a week.

But yes sheeple...people are blindly believing a lot of these false narratives...I just want to challenge people to really think about it and do you routinely see this?[/quote]

I should leave this post in the past, but just couldn’t. I used to believe the same thing as you do, Chico, that we have only “some problems and “some pockets” that believe this racist nonsense. Unfortunately the past election and the time before and since have shattered that belief. To think that these problems are somehow the exception and isolated ignores reality.

There are millions that believe or at least support a racist mindset, among them likely some of your friends, neighbors and even family. It is a very disheartening reality, that is only slightly abated by the real progress we have made over time. We have a very long road ahead, and recognizing the full scope of the problem would be a great first step.

Chico23231 06-01-2018 10:14 AM

[quote=SCRedskinsFan;1195132]I should leave this post in the past, but just couldn’t. I used to believe the same thing as you do, Chico, that we have only “some problems and “some pockets” that believe this racist nonsense. Unfortunately the past election and the time before and since have shattered that belief. To think that these problems are somehow the exception and isolated ignores reality.

There are millions that believe or at least support a racist mindset, among them likely some of your friends, neighbors and even family. It is a very disheartening reality, that is only slightly abated by the real progress we have made over time. We have a very long road ahead, and recognizing the full scope of the problem would be a great first step.[/quote]

Great post. If I’ve come across as someone who has buried their head in the sand with racism then that’s never been my intention with these posts. And I don’t think I have...but still. The reality you speak of is a good question, you can create it how ever you want these days for sure. Whether you chose to nod in agreement, make decisions based on an image, 5 sec video, rationalize to your point, ignore context, think of the big picture or just think.

20 years ago that idiot....psychologists probably would contribute his actions to how he was raised, nature vs nurture and mostly his parents. Who is the biggest influencer in kids/teenagers/young adults lives these days? Long way to go...

punch it in 06-01-2018 10:54 AM

[QUOTE=Chico23231;1195131]This isn’t a national story for a day, week or two weeks. You are platforming the behavior and folks use it for revenue in the which a major by product to spread a divisive tone. When you highlight absurb behavior in such a way, you normalize and in a less direct way, encourage it. I think school shootings (I’ll have spell it for some, “I do not condone school shootings”) we have seen the same phenomenon.

You and jamf aren’t following me...it’s fine. both you and jamf are more concern in calling me racist because that’s what people do online when the opinion which opposes their own when it comes to the hot buttons topic. I get it, a lot folks get it. But peace and love to both of you.

Back to the anthem....i probably would not have changed anything and if I did I would have more buy in from the players. I think the issue is more important than just a company rule.[/QUOTE]

I never called u a racist once. As a matter of fact - if you read my posts - I believe I actually said “i do not think you are a racist. Jam f asked if u were one based on your no harm no foul attitude towards the racist lawyers rant.
But go run with that canned conservative response about how us on line liberal folk hate all those who think differently and play the race card. Lmao. Please go back n read my posts. Especially the one where i make it a point to tell you i do not think you are racist in very clear english.

NC_Skins 06-05-2018 04:37 PM

[SIZE="7"][B][FONT="Arial Black"]STOP playing the god damn national anthem at games.

PROBLEM SOLVED.[/FONT][/B][/SIZE]

:twocents:

Giantone 06-05-2018 08:12 PM

Cool , so now the country is almost 250 years old and we must stop the National Anthem , Pledge of Allegiance and take down all flags so we don't piss anyone off? No. Next?

NC_Skins 06-05-2018 08:19 PM

[quote=Giantone;1195222]Cool , so now the country is almost 250 years old and we must stop the National Anthem , Pledge of Allegiance and take down all flags so we don't piss anyone off? No. Next?[/quote]

I said AT GAMES. Nationalism should have nothing to do with our sporting events.

CRedskinsRule 06-05-2018 08:36 PM

[QUOTE=Giantone;1195222]Cool , so now the country is almost 250 years old and we must stop the National Anthem , Pledge of Allegiance and take down all flags so we don't piss anyone off? No. Next?[/QUOTE]Well the anthem is 80 years old and the pledge is 65ish. Lets not make it sound like they were around at the time the constitution was written.