Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Jabar Gaffney Released (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=47646)

SirClintonPortis 05-01-2012 11:07 AM

Re: Jabar Gaffney Released

[quote=FRPLG;914293]Well they didn't. They traded for him. They traded a guy who is out of the league now.[/quote]

Well, the guy is still trying, but he's a longshot, signing a reserve/futures contract with the Broncos.

Paintrain 05-01-2012 11:16 AM

On a serious note, this probably speaks to the teams confidence in Hankerson's rehab as well as Morgan's health.

SBXVII 05-01-2012 11:18 AM

[quote=ArtMonkDrillz;914287]RGIII is already costing us players!!! You just KNOW we only cut him because he wanted to keep #10 but that prima dona QB made the team cut him!!! Kirk Cousins wouldn't do that to a guy! :soapbox:[/quote]

lol. the good news is that prima dona QB not only can pass the ball but he can run with it too so atleast he can play two positions with only taking up one spot. lol.

SmootSmack 05-01-2012 11:19 AM

With Beck and Gaffney gone, they now save about $4 million

Gaffney's been told that they may be willing to bring him back later this summer but he wouldn't be competing for a starting spot and it would be for....wait for it....the vet min

Naturally, he's not interested in any of that. Not now at least

Also...how would you all feel about Jacoby Jones?

REDSKINS4ever 05-01-2012 11:19 AM

I'm sorry to see Jabar Gaffney go. He's a real veteran and a true professional. I enjoyed watching his contributions on the field in a Redskins uniform last season. I hope he catches on with another team very soon.

12thMan 05-01-2012 11:23 AM

I know we've hashed this out in other threads, but..

Garcon
Morgan
Hankerson
Moss

who else makes the squad now?

Chico23231 05-01-2012 11:24 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;914302]With Beck and Gaffney gone, they now save about $4 million

Gaffney's been told that they may be willing to bring him back later this summer but he wouldn't be competing for a starting spot and it would be for....wait for it....the vet min

Also...how would you all feel about [B]Jacoby Jones[/B]?[/quote]

lol I was just about to post, "who we bringing in?" at WR. Wouldnt mind it.

diehardskin2982 05-01-2012 11:25 AM

I hope now we can afford to resign hightower.

CRedskinsRule 05-01-2012 11:26 AM

I think he was driving a Bentley on his way out from Redskins Park.

Bubba305-ST21- 05-01-2012 11:26 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;914302]With Beck and Gaffney gone, they now save about $4 million

Also...how would you all feel about Jacoby Jones?[/quote]

i would love to have jacoby jones. i was hoping we would draft a speedster in the draft like rainey since we missed out on royal in free agency, its something our offense/special teams is missing and needs. jacoby is dangerous in the return game.

Player_HTTR 05-01-2012 11:26 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;914302]

Also...how would you all feel about Jacoby Jones?[/quote]

Second time I've heard this. I hope third times a charm.

12thMan 05-01-2012 11:26 AM

I think Hightower will be competing for a roster spot if one of our rooks impress.

IrMitchell 05-01-2012 11:40 AM

My only issue is that last year Gaffney was far and away our best receiver. Lack of speed didn't stop him.

On the other hand when you bring in two free agents and get a highly ranked prospect back from injury, somebody's gotta go and we have cap issues.

Good luck wherever you go Jabar, you played well here.

Paintrain 05-01-2012 11:47 AM

[quote=12thMan;914304]I know we've hashed this out in other threads, but..

Garcon
Morgan
Hankerson
Moss

who else makes the squad now?[/quote]

We still counting Paul as a WR or counting him as a TE? If he's at TE, then you've got to think it's between Armstrong and Robinson for the #5 position and between either a camp rookie, free agent acquisition and Banks for the 6th WR/PR/KR spot.

Lotus 05-01-2012 11:50 AM

Jacoby Jones would be a great pick up. If nothing else, he could really help our return game. And we will need good returns since we are doomed without the Beck to Gaffney combo.