Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Randy Moss to Retire (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=43185)

skinsfaninok 08-01-2011 01:27 PM

Re: Randy Moss to Retire

Top 10 WR of all time

Ruhskins 08-01-2011 01:28 PM

[quote=CultBrennan59;817936]Just another great player that hasn't won a super bowl[/quote]

Ah, the Dan Marino Hall of Fame.

skinsfan69 08-01-2011 01:29 PM

even with all his bs and antics he walks right into the hall of fame. but once new england gave up on him his days were numbered.

Chico23231 08-01-2011 01:32 PM

Thanks for the memories Randy...and probably one of my favorite quotes of all time:

[url=http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=straight%20cash%2C%20homey]Urban Dictionary: straight cash, homey[/url]

Longtimefan 08-01-2011 01:32 PM

I agree with GM, he'll probably resurface again somewhere in the not so distant future.

tomsawyer 08-01-2011 01:36 PM

definite 1st vote hofamer.

NC_Skins 08-01-2011 01:36 PM

[quote=Monkeydad;817929]Mature.

I agree he's not much of a person but he IS one of the most talented players we've seen recently. His numbers should get him into the HOF and that really does make him worthy of the mention.

[U]Michael Irvin is proof that you don't have to be a decent person to become a HOFer.[/U][/quote]

Michael Irvin was never a bad teammate, Moss on the other hand is.

I'm sorry if you don't like the fact I relish that assholes never get the big championship, but it makes me feel all warm and snuggly inside. :)

Ruhskins 08-01-2011 01:40 PM

[quote=NC_Skins;817960]Michael Irvin was never a bad teammate, Moss on the other hand is.

I'm sorry if you don't like the fact I relish that [B]assholes never get the big championship[/B], but it makes me feel all warm and snuggly inside. :)[/quote]

They do...

Big Ben
Irvin
Keyshawn
Etc., etc., etc.

NC_Skins 08-01-2011 01:41 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;817966]They do...

Big Ben
Irvin
Keyshawn
Etc., etc., etc.[/quote]

You can't win them all unfortunately so I have to gloat about the other assholes losing out when I can...lol :cheeky-sm

Ruhskins 08-01-2011 01:42 PM

[quote=NC_Skins;817969]You can't win them all unfortunately so I have to gloat about the other assholes losing out when I can...lol :cheeky-sm[/quote]

Oh and I forgot to mention James Harrison. LOL.

GridIron26 08-01-2011 01:45 PM

Man, I guess it is impossible for people NOT to bash on some people at all.. Randy Moss may be an asshole sometimes, but that is not the reason why we learned anything about him. We knew him only because he played NFL, and that should be the way he is remembered. Ever since I fell in love with football, Moss was one of my favorite players. He made countless highlights with his catches. I definitely will miss watching him playing.

I wish him the best in life after NFL career.

Monkeydad 08-01-2011 01:45 PM

The 1976 Oakland Raiders. :D

Kindoy 08-01-2011 02:15 PM

On the field the guy was a treat to watch. I don't know him personally so I can't judge him personally. Kids across the nation will continue to be "Mossed" :) first ballot HOFer right here.

On a side note the guy is still a pro-bowl caliber receiver (if motivated). He's still in great shape and can start for any team right now. I don't think he's done yet, but who knows.

MTK 08-01-2011 02:30 PM

[quote=Chico23231;817951]Thanks for the memories Randy...and probably one of my favorite quotes of all time:

[URL="http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=straight%20cash%2C%20homey"]Urban Dictionary: straight cash, homey[/URL][/quote]

lol, was just about to post that

classic

mooby 08-01-2011 02:31 PM

Randy Moss was a baller from the moment he stepped on an NFL field up until this past season. I definitely don't have the hate for him that some here do. He is similar to Albert Haynesworth in that when he's properly motivated, he's one of the best in the game. It's obvious that will rub some of us the wrong way, but oh well. That's the nature of admitting you only play hard when you want to. That might one of the reasons he won't get into the HOF at first, because his detractors will have a big argument that he didn't play 100% all the time. That's an argument for another day though. His beastly moments easily outranked the times where he didn't play hard, Oakland for instance.