Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Will You Still Wear Your Skins Gear After? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64642)

Burgold 07-13-2020 11:46 PM

Will You Still Wear Your Skins Gear After?

I'm gonna respect the Native and not wear my gear outside of home after the name change...I've always felt like a hypocrite but I also love the home team,so I wore my stuff but I'll wear the new stuff even though it'll feel strange,how bout you all?

SkinzWin 07-13-2020 11:47 PM

Re: Will You Still Wear Your Skins Gear After?

[quote=Burgold;1255032]I'm gonna respect the Native and not wear my gear outside of home after the name change...I've always felt like a hypocrite but I also love the home team,so I wore my stuff but I'll wear the new stuff even though it'll feel strange,how bout you all?[/quote]

Literally just bought two new shirts online and am wearing a Redskins shirt right now. HTTR!

sandtrapjack 07-14-2020 12:00 AM

Are you kidding me? Buy up all the legacy Redskins fan gear TODAY. Take your gently used fan gear as well.

Vacuum seal all of it.......put it in a weatherproof storage bin.

In 15 years or more........ SELL THAT SHIT AND RETIRE!

punch it in 07-14-2020 06:38 AM

[QUOTE=SkinzWin;1255034]Literally just bought two new shirts online and am wearing a Redskins shirt right now. HTTR![/QUOTE]

YEAH FUCK PEOPLES FEELINGS! FUCK YEAH!
[emoji849]

JackLord 07-14-2020 08:26 AM

[quote=punch it in;1255044]YEAH FUCK PEOPLES FEELINGS! FUCK YEAH!
[emoji849][/quote]

Very eloquent.

I am curious as to how you justify rooting for the Redskins and have a Redskins icon next to your online handle.

skinsfaninok 07-14-2020 08:37 AM

Yeah I have a starter jacket that I love, def wearing that still. Shirts and stuff prob not

Monkeydad 07-14-2020 08:39 AM

ABSOLUTELY!

I have a Skins plate on the front of my car and a frame around the license plate on the back. Staying put...watch the car get vandalized by an actual racist.

I also am buying more Redskins merch this week. Bought a new beanie cap for winter to replace the one my wife accidentally donated to a coat drive last year and am shopping for a Sean Taylor jersey while I can still get one.

I'm also eyeing up a 4-foot long championship banner for their three Super Bowls. :D

Yes, I'll keep wearing and I'll buy more while I can too.

[B]And YES, you're letting me in the stadium in Redskins gear.[/B]

Monkeydad 07-14-2020 08:43 AM

[quote=sandtrapjack;1255036]Are you kidding me? Buy up all the legacy Redskins fan gear TODAY. Take your gently used fan gear as well.

In 15 years or more........ SELL THAT SHIT AND RETIRE![/quote]

While I disagree with you about hiding it away, yes, that could actually be a good investment opportunity.

I'll practice free speech like I always do. When Krapernick and Nike (gee, them again) banned the Betsy Ross-themed shoes and all of the media starting calling our original flag racist, I bought one and it has been flying at my house ever since.

This is what freedom-loving Americans do...when you are told "you can't do that" by the censorship crowd...they do it more. Remember how the Chik-Fil-A "boycott" backfired? Lines around the block! :D

I didn't throw out my Aunt Jemima mix either.

KI Skins Fan 07-14-2020 08:49 AM

I'm only going to wear my Redskins gear to formal venues such as The Kennedy Center, The Metropolitan Opera, and The White House.

MTK 07-14-2020 08:51 AM

I haven't worn too much Redskins stuff the past couple of years just because they've been such an embarrassment on the field. So I may just pack things away for now. I do have some hats I like but that's about it.

Monkeydad 07-14-2020 08:55 AM

[quote=KI Skins Fan;1255056]I'm only going to wear my Redskins gear to formal venues such as The Kennedy Center, The Metropolitan Opera, and The White House.[/quote]

HAHA, love it.

You need this:

LINK, only $119!

[url]https://www.shinesty.com/products/redskins-nfl-blazer[/url]

[img]https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.leJjlVWf59zuXVjUw6YcWwHaLH%26pid%3DApi&f=1[/img][img]https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.shopify.com%2Fs%2Ffiles%2F1%2F1246%2F7201%2Fproducts%2Fredskinssuit_800x.gif%3Fv%3D1522993864&f=1&nofb=1[/img]

coggs 07-14-2020 09:01 AM

[quote=sandtrapjack;1255036]Are you kidding me? Buy up all the legacy Redskins fan gear TODAY. Take your gently used fan gear as well.

In 15 years or more........ SELL THAT SHIT AND RETIRE![/quote]

Right, just like the guy with whom I used to work who bought over 1000 Don Mattingly Donruss rookie cards around 1986.

Monkeydad 07-14-2020 09:03 AM

Looking at Terry McLaurin jerseys for my son right now. I think I'll go with the throwback, he loves those uniforms.

I know better than to buy a QB's merch (thanks RG3, Kirk...).

My son wears his Kerrigan jersey but I have the feeling Ryan might only have a year or two left. Terry should be here for a long time hopefully.

coggs 07-14-2020 09:06 AM

[quote=Monkeydad;1255051]ABSOLUTELY!

I have a Skins plate on the front of my car and a frame around the license plate on the back. Staying put...watch the car get vandalized by an actual racist.

I also am buying more Redskins merch this week. Bought a new beanie cap for winter to replace the one my wife accidentally donated to a coat drive last year and am shopping for a Sean Taylor jersey while I can still get one.

I'm also eyeing up a 4-foot long championship banner for their three Super Bowls. :D

Yes, I'll keep wearing and I'll buy more while I can too.

[B]And YES, you're letting me in the stadium in Redskins gear.[/B][/quote]

In all seriousness, I am under the assumption fans will not be attending games this year. If between now and the start of the 2021 season, they announce that any gear depicting any Native American Imagery is prohibited at FedEx field, then what do you do? Forget the idea of sneaking it in or wearing layers and then exposing it once you are in your seat. Obviously, many would try that. I am saying, they tell you you cannot enter the stadium wearing it and that you can be ejected if found wearing it inside the stadium?

coggs 07-14-2020 09:07 AM

[quote=Monkeydad;1255052]While I disagree with you about hiding it away, yes, that could actually be a good investment opportunity.

I'll practice free speech like I always do. When Krapernick and Nike (gee, them again) banned the Betsy Ross-themed shoes and all of the media starting calling our original flag racist, I bought one and it has been flying at my house ever since.

This is what freedom-loving Americans do...when you are told "you can't do that" by the censorship crowd...they do it more. Remember how the Chik-Fil-A "boycott" backfired? Lines around the block! :D

I didn't throw out my Aunt Jemima mix either.[/quote]

It would be a terrible investment idea as many people will be doing this and in time people will move on from the name.