Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Looking at the draft. (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64035)

skinsfaninok 12-10-2017 07:22 PM

Looking at the draft.

Well at this point we are looking at a top 12 pick, possibly top 8. We have a ton of holes and of course one huge ? That is Kirk, does the team pay him 28M or do they draft (Allen, mayfield, rudolph) .

If you sign him, then I take a pass rusher with that pick or Guard.

Wr in the 2nd or 3rd.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

mooby 12-10-2017 07:36 PM

Re: Looking at the draft.

Can we forfeit the rest of the season? That draft position might really come in handy when we have to trade up for Mayfield to replace Kirk once he walks. We could really use these remaining weeks off to rest and get healthy for next year too.

skinsfaninok 12-10-2017 07:38 PM

[QUOTE=mooby;1182734]Can we forfeit the rest of the season? That draft position might really come in handy when we have to trade up for Mayfield to replace Kirk once he walks. We could really use these remaining weeks off to rest and get healthy for next year too.[/QUOTE]I'd sit Trent and Moses the 3 games just lose out and get a good pick

DynamiteRave 12-10-2017 08:03 PM

Sit Kirk play McCoy he’s beefed up his resume as much as he could.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mooby 12-10-2017 08:23 PM

ESPN headline "[URL="http://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/34865/redskins-ugly-losses-will-lead-to-tough-questions-down-the-stretch"]Redskins' ugly losses will lead to tough questions down the stretch[/URL]" lol

Not gonna read the article, but I will try to guess what the tough questions are.

Is this team done? Yes.
Should Gruden be fired? Inconclusive.
Are we out of the playoff race? haha if that's still a serious question reevaluate your life.
Can we play better? You'd like to think so, but with the level of talent that's also inconclusive.
Has this team quit? Possibly.
Should we give Kirk a massive extension? Two games ago, I'm an "absolutely" kinda guy. Now I'm just a, "hey that's a legit question" kinda guy.
Are we noncompetitive because Gruden and staff are having to teach training camp concepts to guys fresh off the street? Possibly.
Is there any easy answer? Ehhh.
Anything worth playing for at this point? Ehhh.
Is the level we're playing at a direct reflection of this coaching staff's optimism towards our remaining games, aka "has our coaching staff mailed it in?" Good question there.

DynamiteRave 12-10-2017 08:33 PM

[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171211/382bf64bd0a6dc3139e6f689432dfa6f.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

diehardskin2982 12-10-2017 08:51 PM

As much as I want to look forward to the draft, I realize this front office group is the same group that let the Cowboys obtain DeMarcus Lawrence with our pick while we traded down for Trent Murphy and Spencer Long.

I have no confidence in this group.

Irrefutable 12-10-2017 09:01 PM

apparently they have a top 10 pick now.......trade down and find a good GM who can evaluate college prospects

skinsfaninok 12-10-2017 09:03 PM

[QUOTE=DynamiteRave;1182744][IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171211/382bf64bd0a6dc3139e6f689432dfa6f.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]Unbelievable. And a sad franchise

diehardskin2982 12-10-2017 09:20 PM

If I'm the team I am working a sign and trade deal for Kirk. I'm trading Reed as well. In the draft, I am targeting players with speed and those that scare opposing teams. Enough of this good character guys bull.

skinsfaninok 12-10-2017 09:26 PM

[QUOTE=diehardskin2982;1182753]If I'm the team I am working a sign and trade deal for Kirk. I'm trading Reed as well. In the draft, I am targeting players with speed and those that scare opposing teams. Enough of this good character guys bull.[/QUOTE]Nobody is gonna trade for Kirk, they know the skins can't afford to tag him again, I agree with that, about speed. This team is so slow on offense

SFREDSKIN 12-10-2017 09:54 PM

Offseason list:

Fire Allen
Switch to 4-3
Restructure Norman and Reed's contracts, if they are not willing trade or cut them
Resign Cousins, if not draft a QB
Resign Brown
Resign Murphy, Foster (if he wants to stay)
Get rid of Lauvao, Hall, Long, Gallette, Compton, Breeland, Hood, Pryor, etc.
Draft an ILB, passrusher, RB, WR, G, DL, S in whatever position of talent available
Depending if Cousins walks fill positions of need with FA's

Irrefutable 12-10-2017 10:36 PM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;1182768]Offseason list:

Fire Allen
Switch to 4-3
Restructure Norman and Reed's contracts, if they are not willing trade or cut them
Resign Cousins, if not draft a QB
Resign Brown
Resign Murphy, Foster (if he wants to stay)
Get rid of Lauvao, Hall, Long, Gallette, Compton, Breeland, Hood, Pryor, etc.
Draft an ILB, passrusher, RB, WR, G, DL, S in whatever position of talent available
Depending if Cousins walks fill positions of need with FA's[/quote]

Very good plan. Cutting Norman would cost $ 9 million in dead cap space though....he has no trade value with a $17 million dollar cap hit.

If they do not sign KC they could have $60 - $70+ million in cap space. (including $15 million from 2017) However, the list of free agents is mediocre.

Chico23231 12-10-2017 10:50 PM

We need a no 1WR and draft another talent at RB with one of the first 2 picks. We are seriously lacking talent at skill positions. It’s sad we couldn’t run against one of the worst run defenses in the league.

SFREDSKIN 12-10-2017 10:54 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1182785]We need a no 1WR and draft another talent at RB with one of the first 2 picks. We are seriously lacking talent at skill positions. It’s sad we couldn’t run against one of the worst run defenses in the league.[/quote]

I think our patched and hurt players in the OL didn’t help. Scherref was the only healthy starter.