Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Coroner: Ryan Dunn Died Violent Death (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=42678)

Dirtbag59 06-21-2011 02:47 PM

Coroner: Ryan Dunn Died Violent Death

"Jackass" star Ryan Dunn and his passenger each died as result of both blunt force trauma AND the fire that consumed Dunn's Porsche during the crash Monday morning ... this according to the Chester County Coroner.

The Coroner's Office just released the autopsy results for both men -- who, we're told, were each dead by the time officials arrived at the scene.

Based on the autopsy results, the crash was so violent, it seems it was impossible to determine if the two died from the impact of the crash itself or from the fire that resulted.

Officials say the toxicology results for both men -- which would help determine the role alcohol played in the crash -- will be released in 4 to 6 weeks.

TMZ previously reported, officials believe Dunn's car veered off the highway and crashed in a wooded area Monday morning ... before exploding in flames. Investigators believe speed may have been a factor in the crash.

MTK 06-21-2011 02:49 PM

Re: Coroner: Ryan Dunn Died Violent Death

Any confirmation yet if alcohol was involved? I read that he tweeted a pic earlier in the evening of him drinking and knowing how those guys roll that would make sense.

Dirtbag59 06-21-2011 02:51 PM

[quote=Mattyk;807735]Any confirmation yet if alcohol was involved? I read that he tweeted a pic earlier in the evening of him drinking and knowing how those guys roll that would make sense.[/quote]

Thats basically all there is right now. In the comment section of the story people are talking about what the bartender and other people saw and how he shouldn't have been driving but it's all hear say. Basically have to wait 4-6 weeks for the full report.

I also saw one of the pictures to, wouldn't surprise me but I'll wait for confirmation.

[url=http://www.tmz.com/2011/06/21/coroner-ryan-dunn-autopsy-results-chester-county-fire-blunt-force-trauma-zachary-hartwell/]Coroner: Ryan Dunn Died Violent Death | TMZ.com[/url]

saden1 06-21-2011 03:52 PM

I hope they weren't driving really fast or drinking and driving...cause if they were their deaths wouldn't be much of a tragedy and we can celebrate that no one but them died.

12thMan 06-21-2011 03:58 PM

It's also being reported that the passenger was a Navy Seal who did three tours in Iraq.

Dirtbag59 06-21-2011 05:47 PM

[url=http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/compost/post/roger-ebert-ryan-dunn-and-the-subtle-art-of-shutting-up/2011/03/03/AG5H4peH_blog.html]Roger Ebert, Ryan Dunn and the subtle art of shutting up - ComPost - The Washington Post[/url]

[QUOTE]It does not matter that you were right. When you see a hearse drive past, you do not whip out a megaphone and bellow, “This was your own dang fault,” even if it was.

“But it’s what everyone was thinking!” “But it’s true that drunk driving is wrong.” True, true — but there’s a distinction between thinking and saying. Thinking is something no one does anymore, and we’re still saying things all the time.[/QUOTE]

I think pretty much everyone here learned from the Sean Taylor tragedy to keep you mouth shut until all the facts are released. Is it possible it was a drunk driving accident? Sure, but until we know for sure it's best to give people time to mourn the loss of their friend. This is a concept that Ebert doesn't understand.

Monkeydad 06-22-2011 09:57 AM

He was drunk and driving 110 MPH from reports. I've been on that road before (Rt 322). I live a little over an hour from where he killed himself and his passenger. Thank God his jackassery didn't kill anyone else.

Kinda ironic he went out driving like a Jack...if this is true.

Don't get me wrong, I have sympathy for the families and maybe his passenger if innocent, but I have little tolerance for drunks on the road.

Either way, whether he was sober or drunk, that's not a road to be driving 110. No road is really, but this is a semi-busy 2-lane highway going from Amish Lancaster to near Philly.

firstdown 06-22-2011 10:06 AM

There is only one word to describe this. "Jackass".

MTK 06-22-2011 11:52 AM

[quote=Dirtbag59;807758][URL="http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/compost/post/roger-ebert-ryan-dunn-and-the-subtle-art-of-shutting-up/2011/03/03/AG5H4peH_blog.html"]Roger Ebert, Ryan Dunn and the subtle art of shutting up - ComPost - The Washington Post[/URL]

I think pretty much everyone here learned from the Sean Taylor tragedy to keep you mouth shut until all the facts are released. Is it possible it was a drunk driving accident? Sure, but until we know for sure it's best to give people time to mourn the loss of their friend. This is a concept that Ebert doesn't understand.[/quote]

It may have been a tad insensitive on Ebert's part, but everyone is thinking the same thing. Hard to feel bad for a guy who knowingly gets behind the wheel loaded and drives so recklessly. I'm sure this wasn't the first time he did this either.

firstdown 06-22-2011 12:16 PM

I'm sorry the other person in the car also had a choice of not getting in the car so he was also a jackass and could have stopped the other jackass from driving.

I guess I need sensitivity training.

Monkeydad 06-22-2011 03:45 PM

[quote=firstdown;807873]I'm sorry the other person in the car also had a choice of not getting in the car so he was also a jackass and could have stopped the other jackass from driving.

I guess I need sensitivity training.[/quote]

Nah, you're doing fine. I agree with you.

Too many men have had that "sensitivity training" in today's society. :D

Ruhskins 06-22-2011 03:53 PM

Police reports that Dunn was drunk with a BAC nearly double the legal limit.

[url=http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/22/ryan-dunn-drunk-during-crash_n_882422.html]Ryan Dunn Driving Drunk During Deadly Crash, Toxicology Report Reveals[/url]

mredskins 06-22-2011 03:57 PM

Fawk Ryan Dunn and his drunk ass. He is lucky he only killed himself and the other guy.

Dirtbag59 06-22-2011 04:02 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;807914]Police reports that Dunn was drunk with a BAC nearly double the legal limit.

[url=http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/22/ryan-dunn-drunk-during-crash_n_882422.html]Ryan Dunn Driving Drunk During Deadly Crash, Toxicology Report Reveals[/url][/quote]

Okay, so I guess now we know. Interesting though seeing as how the stories kept saying 4 to 5 weeks for the results to be released.

firstdown 06-22-2011 04:04 PM

I heard they used a chunk of his brain they found stuck in a tree for their toxicology test.

Schneed10 06-22-2011 04:05 PM

I'm glad he's dead. That's what one deserves when driving drunk. This is a much better punishment than a DUI or DWI.

Very glad he didn't take any responsible lives along with him.

mredskins 06-22-2011 04:11 PM

[quote=Schneed10;807923]I'm glad he's dead. That's what one deserves when driving drunk. This is a much better punishment than a DUI or DWI.

Very glad he didn't take any responsible lives along with him.[/quote]

I also bet it was not the first time he did that. My sister lives in West Chester and I have trouble driving sober at 40 mph on some of the roads by her. They are super hilly and curve.

This a$$ hat was drunk going 140 and I beleive I heard he was texting/tweeting too at the same time.

In the grand scheme of things he is no big lost to society. Damn now who will make crazy films about dumb a$$e$ doing dumb things. God what a lost!

firstdown 06-22-2011 04:34 PM

I'm not glade he is dead but I cannot feel sorry for him. I do feel sorry for his love ones who will hurt the most from his death.

12thMan 06-22-2011 04:40 PM

yeah, i don't think there's anything to be glad about here. very sad and tragic all the way around.

Schneed10 06-22-2011 04:41 PM

[quote=firstdown;807927]I'm not glade he is dead but I cannot feel sorry for him. [B]I do feel sorry for his love ones who will hurt the most from his death[/B].[/quote]

I can agree with that. Especially his parents who are probably kicking themselves (unfairly so, as parents often do) that they didn't do enough to raise him right, or whatever it is. The human side of loss like this sucks.

But why am I glad? Because society is better off with drunk and reckless drivers being dead. The world's better today because he's gone.

Especially because I live 20 mins from West Chester, PA.

Schneed10 06-22-2011 04:42 PM

[quote=12thMan;807928]yeah, i don't think there's anything to be glad about here. very sad and tragic all the way around.[/quote]

That's ridiculous. Sad and tragic [B]all the way around[/B]? Jesus H Christ. I get being sensitive to people's feelings and whatnot, but try getting in touch with your pragmatic side for a change.

It's sad and tragic for his family. But it's not sad and tragic for Ryan Dunn, he got what was coming.

Schneed10 06-22-2011 04:50 PM

Let's talk about "sad and tragic" in degrees, to help put this in perspective, shall we?

Please rate the following events (some hypothetical) on a scale of 1 (least sad and tragic) to 5 (most sad and tragic):

- Ryan Dunn killing himself in a drunk driving accident

- Ryan Dunn causing a drunk driving accident injuring other drivers and also resulting in his own death

- Ryan Dunn causing a drunk driving accident killing other [B]drunk[/B] drivers in other cars and also resulting in his own death

- Ryan Dunn veering off the side of the road while drunk and killing two 10 year old girls riding their bikes along the sidewalk

MTK 06-22-2011 04:52 PM

He made a mistake, a big one. Sucks that he had to pay with his life. Dumb decision and nobody to blame but himself, but I can't say I'm glad he's dead.

Schneed10 06-22-2011 04:54 PM

[quote=Mattyk;807934]He made a mistake, a big one. Sucks that he had to pay with his life. Dumb decision and nobody to blame but himself, but I can't say I'm glad he's dead.[/quote]

Do you think the roads around West Chester PA are at least a tiny bit safer today than they were three days ago? In the end that's all I'm driving at.

Maybe glad is the wrong word. Because I'm certainly not gleeful about it. But I definitely have that "justice was done" feeling.

firstdown 06-22-2011 05:00 PM

I thought I was insinsitive. LOL My wife is just as bad. We are watching a show and the guy is doing stuff with aligators. It clamps down on his arm and starts to spin. I get all grossed out and she laugh's. I ask how she can laugh. She says what do you expect to happen if you stick your arm in an aligators mouth.

12thMan 06-22-2011 05:01 PM

Schneed, this isn't some exercise in analytics. A man died -- very young and very tragically. That's the way I see it.

He got what was coming? Boy, I don't even know where to begin with that statement. I guess by that logic, we all have something coming to us in vary degrees since we all get away shit -- every day. Or is it that people that drink and drive [I]and[/I] kill people that have something coming?

How about we agree that drinking and driving is really bad, stupid, and those that are caught doing so should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Schneed10 06-22-2011 05:05 PM

[quote=12thMan;807937]Schneed, this isn't some exercise in analytics. A man died -- very young and very tragically. That's the way I see it.

He got what was coming? Boy, I don't even know where to begin with that statement. I guess by that logic, we all have something coming to us in vary degrees since we all get away shit -- every day. Or is it that people that drink and drive [I]and[/I] kill people that have something coming?

[B]How about we agree that drinking and driving is really bad, stupid, and those that are caught doing so should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law[/B].[/quote]

#1 You danced around my questions posed directly to you. Exercise in analytics? I was merely trying to get you to put it in perspective because I find your perspective to be too sensitive to people's feelings, rather than calling it how it really is.

As for the bolded part, I would agree that anyone caught driving drunk should be prosecuted. But I would also say that I'm not feeling bad in the least for anyone who kills himself in that circumstance.

I mean you sound like you're eulogizing the guy. The sensitivity is so thick up in here it makes me want to vomit.

Schneed10 06-22-2011 05:07 PM

Ultimately, anyone that unnecessarily does something that puts the lives of innocents at risk deserves what's coming.

If you drive drunk and die, you had it coming. If you get wasted and play with a shotgun in the presence of others, you had it coming. If you get high and decide to piss on the electric rail and you get your dick zapped off, you had it coming.

Tragic is a ridiculous word in this circumstance. Darwin Award is more apt.

SmootSmack 06-22-2011 05:08 PM

This is like the thread on Haynesworth's brother dying in a motorcycle crash all over again

Schneed10 06-22-2011 05:11 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;807942]This is like the thread on Haynesworth's brother dying in a motorcycle crash all over again[/quote]

I can't recall the facts, but I seem to remember he was either going way way too fast or was drunk. If either was the case, that's another perfect example of someone who got what was coming.

firstdown 06-22-2011 05:17 PM

Whats the big deal eaither way. I can see how someone would say they don't feel sorry fo him at all and I can see how other would think its tragic. Nothing wrong with either view in my opinion.

For the record I'll stick with dumbass.

12thMan 06-22-2011 05:20 PM

#1 It's fun to dance around your questions.

Secondly, you lay out hypotheticals that never took place. Death is a raw reality, not coulda shoulda woulda. Let's deal with what happened. As far as I'm concerned had another person been killed, regardless of age, it would have compounded the tragedy, not made it less significant.

That's your prerogative that you don't feel bad for him. I don't think it makes you some tough insensitive guy that has a stick up his ass. Although sometimes I do think that about you:)

wilsowilso 06-22-2011 05:28 PM

This was a grown man.

It's tragic when a sixteen year old makes a terrible decision and gets behind the wheel after drinking and crashes into a tree.

Not so much when an adult who makes a living doing crazy things basically kills himself by having no regard for the consequences of driving his car on a winding road at 140 freakin miles an hour with a heavy buzz on.

SmootSmack 06-22-2011 06:15 PM

[quote=Schneed10;807943]I can't recall the facts, but I seem to remember he was either going way way too fast or was drunk. If either was the case, that's another perfect example of someone who got what was coming.[/quote]

He was going over 100 mph I believe. But I meant similar in the sense of your "I'm glad he's dead. He deserved to die" reaction.

My opinion? I find it hard to say I'm glad someone I don't know and who never did any harm to anyone I know is dead. By the same token, I'm not necessarily saddened by it, not his specific death. Maybe I'd be slightly moved if I was a Jackass fan. But as someone, like most of us, who has suffered a tragic loss and seen other suffer it, I do feel bad that a mother lost her child, a friend lost his buddy, a sister lost her brother (etc.).

Dirtbag59 06-22-2011 06:54 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;807955][B]He was going over 100 mph I believe.[/B] But I meant similar in the sense of your "I'm glad he's dead. He deserved to die" reaction.

My opinion? I find it hard to say I'm glad someone I don't know and who never did any harm to anyone I know is dead. By the same token, I'm not necessarily saddened by it, not his specific death. Maybe I'd be slightly moved if I was a Jackass fan. But as someone, like most of us, who has suffered a tragic loss and seen other suffer it, I do feel bad that a mother lost her child, a friend lost his buddy, a sister lost her brother (etc.).[/quote]

[quote]Through a scene reconstruction, the police department also determined that [B]Dunn was driving between 132 and 140 miles per hour[/B] when he lost control of his car and ran off the road. The county coroner’s office previously classified the accidental death to be caused by blunt trauma and the heat of the fire from the explosion caused when Dunn’s 2007 Porsche collided with trees.
[/quote]

He wasn't totally off on the speed.

Chico23231 06-22-2011 06:54 PM

[quote=Schneed10;807923][B]I'm glad he's dead[/B]. That's what one deserves when driving drunk. This is a much better punishment than a DUI or DWI.

Very glad he didn't take any responsible lives along with him.[/quote]

:doh:

Come on, this is exactly like the Haynesworth Brother thread. You really be glad at the death of someone, thats horrible. Even though he was extremely negligent and could have harm many more, I really glad he didnt. RIP

Schneed10 06-22-2011 07:17 PM

[quote=12thMan;807948]#1 It's fun to dance around your questions.

Secondly, you lay out hypotheticals that never took place. Death is a raw reality, not coulda shoulda woulda. Let's deal with what happened. As far as I'm concerned had another person been killed, regardless of age, it would have compounded the tragedy, not made it less significant.

That's your prerogative that you don't feel bad for him. I don't think it makes you some tough insensitive guy that has a stick up his ass. Although sometimes I do think that about you:)[/quote]

Well while you're having fun dancing around the questions, and now avoiding it by saying "let's deal with what actually happened", you're just confirming the fact that you can mount no rational, reasonable argument as to why this should be considered so tragic, "all the way around".

You also mistake me for someone who's trying to be tough. Just the opposite, I'm simply seeking to call it like it is. You however seem to be bending over backwards to display a level of sensitivity that's not at all warranted.

In other words, all told, there's not much thought behind your posts in this thread.

SmootSmack 06-22-2011 07:32 PM

I may be totally wrong here and I could stepping out of bounds, but I seem to recall Schneed once saying he lost an uncle or someone close to him to a drunk driver.

So keep that in mind as you read his posts here.

That said, I'm not sure there's necessarily a need to get into a is this or this not tragic debate here.

12thMan 06-22-2011 07:42 PM

[quote=Schneed10;807962]Well while you're having fun dancing around the questions, and now avoiding it by saying "let's deal with what actually happened", you're just confirming the fact that you can mount no rational, reasonable argument as to why this should be considered so tragic, "all the way around".

You also mistake me for someone who's trying to be tough. Just the opposite, I'm simply seeking to call it like it is. You however seem to be bending over backwards to display a level of sensitivity that's not at all warranted.

In other words, all told, there's not much thought behind your posts in this thread.[/quote]

Nothing rational about death.

Schneed10 06-22-2011 07:51 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;807969]I may be totally wrong here and I could stepping out of bounds, but I seem to recall Schneed once saying he lost an uncle or someone close to him to a drunk driver.

So keep that in mind as you read his posts here.

That said, I'm not sure there's necessarily a need to get into a is this or this not tragic debate here.[/quote]

Yes that's true. I really don't think it's coloring my opinion here though. I have no emotional connection to Ryan Dunn or Albert Haynesworth's brother.

I just see people like that as the dregs of society who we're all better off without. His friends and family, sure they feel the loss. But without that emotional connection, there's not really an argument that can be made refuting the fact that the roads are now safer and thus society better off.