Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Warren Sapp? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=108)

Bozzy 02-27-2004 08:28 PM

Warren Sapp?

I've heard rumors of the skins being interested in Warren Sapp...how true is this...has anybody heard similar rumors?

Would Warren Sapp be beneficial to our DL? I'm getting goosebumps imagining a line consisting of Sapp and Kearse...omfg!

Gmanc711 02-27-2004 08:30 PM

Its up in the air. I mean he has 1-3 good years left in him, but I mean its Warren Sapp, I highly doubt hes gonna come in here, mind his business and leave, which could carry alot weight with it.

johnnyredskin63 02-27-2004 08:33 PM

i heard this am on espn news and mike patrick sports that sapp really wants to stay in tampa.if he can't be there,i think the ravens will really pursue him
and ray lewis and a few of the other guys will restructure their deals to help bring him there if need be.i just can't see gibbs going after sapp.snyder,who knows?but i doubt he'll go after somebody gibbs does'nt want.if it were spurrier,maybe.gibbs,can't see it.

Shane 02-27-2004 08:55 PM

The recent report I read is that the Redskins are not interested in Sapp.

We can't afford to sign every big name that comes along. Supposedly Philip Daniels from the Bears is high on our list.

[QUOTE=johnnyredskin63]i heard this am on espn news and mike patrick sports that sapp really wants to stay in tampa.if he can't be there,i think the ravens will really pursue him
and ray lewis and a few of the other guys will restructure their deals to help bring him there if need be.i just can't see gibbs going after sapp.snyder,who knows?but i doubt he'll go after somebody gibbs does'nt want.if it were spurrier,maybe.gibbs,can't see it.[/QUOTE]

JWsleep 02-27-2004 09:12 PM

The times had a thing that said the skins weren't interested in Sapp. I hope it's right. Too much money for a big, aging name.

skins009 02-27-2004 10:01 PM

You wont see Sapp or Kearse, stop dreaming. The washingtonpost reported a couple of days ago that the redskins are not interested in Sapp. Thank god.

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 02-27-2004 10:34 PM

I think there's a good chance we will see Kearse. The only way I don't see us getting Kearse is if we trade down and take Udeze or Will Smith with a mid first round pick.

Daseal 02-27-2004 10:46 PM

I could definitly see Kearse coming because he likes WIlliams, and Williams likes him! He's a great talent and a great marketing chip for Snyder, who everyone agrees is one of the best business men in football!

beg8878 02-28-2004 02:24 AM

I don't want either of them...especially Sapp. Get some hard workers in here and leave the fantasy linemen to eat up cap space on another team....I'll take winstrom and Noble, and use the cap savings to bring in Springs or Winfield

backrow 02-28-2004 06:58 AM

The words:

The words: Bone graft, ankle surgery, and missing 14 games in two years would lead me away from Kearse!

joecrisp 02-28-2004 09:35 AM

It doesn't look like the Skins will pursue Sapp, and it appears the Bucs might try to keep him. I see the Skins heavily pursuing all the free agents that played under Williams or Blache; meaning Kearse, Daniels, Holdman and Winfield could all be Redskins next year. The Skins have cleared out a ton of cap room, so there's no reason that can't happen.

Cush 02-28-2004 12:38 PM

Good, I don't want Sapp on the team.

MTK 02-28-2004 12:40 PM

Sapp's desire to stay in Tampa seems genuine, and I don't see him high on our priority list regardless.

azskinsfan2 02-29-2004 12:39 PM

We sure as heck don't need a mouth like Sapp to come in here. Let him stay with TB and retire there. Alot of coaches do try to bring in players they have had before, so I could see us going for alot of Williams' former players. I'd love for us to pick up some great young talent in the draft though and let Joe groom them into great Redskins!!!!