Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Please Draft ??? at #13 (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=29408)

SmootSmack 04-21-2009 02:07 PM

Please Draft ??? at #13

We're less than a week away from DECISION DAY 2009!!!

So, based on the players that are most often rumored to be our pick at #13 who would you MOST want us to draft. I know more names than these have been mentioned, just trying to keep the list tight.

(Doubtful Sanchez will be there at 13, but I threw him in there)

Remember, this isn't about trading up or down. This is we have the 13th pick, so we pick at 13. Who do you want?

Lotus 04-21-2009 02:11 PM

Re: Please Draft ??? at #13

I like Oherakpo. We can play him both ways.

More seriously, in order:
1. Orakpo
2. Oher
3. Ayers

I'd list more but I'll bet that one of those guys will be there at 13.

ArtMonkDrillz 04-21-2009 02:18 PM

I voted for Orakpo, but if we ended up with Andre Smith I think I'd be okay with it.

SC Skins Fan 04-21-2009 02:18 PM

[quote=Lotus;548036]I like [b]Oherakpo[/b]. We can play him both ways.

More seriously, in order:
1. Orakpo
2. Oher
3. Ayers

I'd list more but I'll bet that one of those guys will be there at 13.[/quote]

Well played. From the list given I'd rank:

1) Oher
2) Orakpo
3) Smith

but I would throw Everette Brown and maybe Tyson Jackson ahead of Smith. I also really like Peria Jerry to play the "3" but I guess I'd grudgingly go with the bigger need and take Smith over him.

GTripp0012 04-21-2009 02:19 PM

If I, GTripp0012 (which is my birth name), was GM of the Washington Redskins, I would not be able to pass on Michael Oher at 13 unless there was somebody by the name of B.J. Raji, Michael Crabtree, Aaron Curry, or Jason Smith on the board. In fact, if a bunch of tackles fly off the board in the first six picks, I might get on the phone with GB and offer a 5th round pick (and a 4th next year) to go up 3 spots.

If we rule out the possibility that the FO is going to take a Tackle this year, Orakpo becomes the target at 13. The backup plan would be a USC linebacker of SmootSmack's choosing.

Soup's Uncle 04-21-2009 02:31 PM

I voted for Rey cus I hope we trade down a bit and get him.

Lotus 04-21-2009 02:36 PM

[quote=SC Skins Fan;548040]Well played. From the list given I'd rank:

1) Oher
2) Orakpo
3) Smith

but I would throw Everette Brown and maybe Tyson Jackson ahead of Smith. I also really like Peria Jerry to play the "3" but I guess I'd grudgingly go with the bigger need and take Smith over him.[/quote]

[B]Oherakpo[/B] comes from SmootSmack.

I chimed in before the list was complete. Choosing from the list, I'll drop Ayers and add Maualuga at #3.

celts32 04-21-2009 02:40 PM

If Sanchez is there at #13 I would draft him...I just don't think I would trade up for him. I think it's clear that the Redskins have moved on from JC and QB is the most important position on the team.

If Sanchez were gone my next pick would be Andre Smith.

SmootSmack 04-21-2009 02:40 PM

[quote=Soup's Uncle;548046]I voted for Rey cus I hope we trade down a bit and get him.[/quote]

What if we don't trade down, would you want him at 13?

MTK 04-21-2009 02:53 PM

I like Orakpo because he can play LB and DE and would basically fill two needs with one shot.

My 2nd choice is Smith. I know he's immature but on the field the dude is a beast. He just needs to grow up a bit.

ArtMonkDrillz 04-21-2009 02:54 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;548054]I like Orakpo because he can play LB and DE and would basically fill two needs with one shot.

My 2nd choice is Smith. I know he's immature but on the field the dude is a beast. He just needs to grow up a bit.[/quote]We have samesies.

Trample the Elderly 04-21-2009 02:54 PM

[quote=ArtMonkDrillz;548039]I voted for Orakpo, but if we ended up with Andre Smith I think I'd be okay with it.[/quote]

I voted for Oher but would take Orakpo or Tits-Maggie.

REDSKIN1 04-21-2009 02:57 PM

I would go with:
1. Orakpo
2. Smith
3. Maualuga

We need to get younger at the DE spot (Daniels, Wynn???)
We also need some serious help at the LB position
Smith would be nice to add to a aging off. line.

NO SANCHEZ NO NO NO NO...:soapbox:

SBXVII 04-21-2009 02:59 PM

None I would try to look into dropping back in the draft for more picks. but if that option was not available I would take the best OT on the board. My choices:
1. OT-best available
2. LB
3. DE

We had the 4th ranked defense in the league last yr and with AH I can see us being better. Our offense was stagnant. I just don't see how we can go over looking that fact and pick a defensive player. but reason is not utilized in Cerrato's picking process. Best available player is. I can see us moving up to get Sanchez. :)

Stacks42 04-21-2009 03:05 PM

For those of you thinking about going after Sanchez, Matt Bowen brings up some pretty good points.

[url=http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/04/sanchez-do-we-believe-the-hype/]The National Football Post | Sanchez: Do We Believe The Hype?[/url]