Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Official Lost: The Final Season Thread (Warning: Possible Spoilers) (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=35065)

CRedskinsRule 03-26-2010 02:34 PM

Re: The Official Lost: The Final Season Thread (Warning: Possible Spoilers)

[quote=Schneed10;678816]Unfortunately my nerdy pursuit has been taken away by the expiring CBA. Maybe I should nerd it up with you guys in over-analyzing Lost.

But seriously, isn't analyzing the writing a giant waste of time? Do you really think the writers care to be bothered with such minute details and consistencies that you guys are pointing out? You just gotta step back and ask yourself if those inconsistencies are likely to affect the show's viewership. If the answer is no, then they shouldn't worry about it.[/quote]
Or for the conspiracy nut, maybe they know they wrote the inconsistencies in to increase viewership so that people would point out the inconsistencies until they then warped it all away by an alternate universe solution that had the black rock be the white rock and everything suddenly was clear.

D'BOYZ 03-26-2010 03:18 PM

[quote=BigHairedAristocrat;678760]this is the most likely answer.[B] i just dont think that the writers figured out how they wanted the statue to be destroyed or how the black rock would get to the middle of the island when they shot season 5 finale scene. even lazier of the writers was setting the episode in 1867[/B]. in a previous episode, when desmond interrupted an auction for the ledger of the black rocks first mate. the ship supposedly went missing in 1845 and the ledger was discovered in 1852. the show employs a number of people whose one and only job is to ensure continuity errors on the show. it baffles me how they could screw up something so basic. you'd think theyd have some sort of timeline they were working off of.[/quote]

The thing in bold was my point they just couldn't figure out a way on how does things happen and tried to do it all in one episode sell you anything and get it over with, like ok that's how it happen now deal with it.

And I agree I hate that they have people hired to ensure continuity and miss so easy stuff... I also had forgotten About Walt and his purpose I don't think he will be brought back dough no need to go waaay all back.

BigHairedAristocrat 03-26-2010 03:20 PM

at this point, i dont really know any "casual" viewers of lost. pretty much everyone who follows the show is a nerd or geek of some sort. the writers recognize this, which is why pretty much every episode is chock-full of easter eggs and literary references. there are very few things in the show that come as true surprises. usually any big reveal was foreshadowed in advance by some sort of easter egg. its audience IS nerds, which is why inconsistencies are so frustrating. then again, in a show that apparently involves multiple realities, theres no telling if something is truly an inconsistency or has been done deliberately.

BigHairedAristocrat 03-26-2010 03:25 PM

[quote=D'BOYZ;678855]The thing in bold was my point they just couldn't figure out a way on how does things happen and tried to do it all in one episode sell you anything and get it over with, like ok that's how it happen now deal with it.

And I agree I hate that they have people hired to ensure continuity and miss so easy stuff... I also had forgotten About Walt and his purpose I don't think he will be brought back dough no need to go waaay all back.[/quote]

well walt had to be written off the show as a practical matter - he was growing so much they couldnt have him be on the island. rumor has it jack and walt shot a secret scene together for the finale before he was written off the show, but i dont know if that scene will even be relevant with the direction the story has taken. personally, i'm satisfied with the explaination the show gave us - locke figured walt had been through enough and decided to let him live his life. he certainly was not a candidate (his names not on the wall or the in the lighthouse) so whatever the deal was with walt, it'll be one of those things that really isnt important in the grand scheme of the show.

ArtMonkDrillz 03-30-2010 09:34 PM

Halfway through this week's episode and as of right now I want to throw a beer bottle through my TV. It used to seem like the writers were making the story up as they went season-by-season, then it seemed like they were doing it episode-to-episode, and this one seems like their just throwing shit at the wall scene-by-scene.

I got really excited when they had Jin in room 23 because that was one of those little stupid mysteries that I've been wondering about since season 3. But then they just wrote it off as basically nothing. It that room was set up for Dharma tests, why did The Others go all A Clockwork Orange on Alex's boyfriend? Its gotten to the point where they're just giving these stupid simple answers for some of the questions that they've raised over the years and it's all just turning into a huge letdown, IMO.

Plus, this whole season is like a minor character reunion and that was cool at first but now it's kind of annoying.

End of rant.

Edit - episode over and I stand by this. In fairness, Sun is the character that annoys me the most, so I figured I wouldn't really like this one.

ArtMonkDrillz 04-13-2010 10:26 PM

Ever since Sun stopped talking the show has gone back to being great. The last three episodes (after my rant) have all been awesome IMO.

htownskinfan 04-18-2010 08:33 PM

Just watched this weeks episode on dvr.
Am I crazy or is that a different actress playing Libby?

SmootSmack 04-18-2010 09:28 PM

[quote=htownskinfan;689746]Just watched this weeks episode on dvr.
Am I crazy or is that a different actress playing Libby?[/quote]

You're crazy

htownskinfan 04-18-2010 10:09 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;689760]You're crazy[/quote]

thanks,I just needed confirmation

GMScud 04-18-2010 10:55 PM

[quote=BigHairedAristocrat;678857]at this point, i dont really know any "casual" viewers of lost. pretty much everyone who follows the show is a nerd or geek of some sort. the writers recognize this, which is why pretty much every episode is chock-full of easter eggs and literary references. there are very few things in the show that come as true surprises. usually any big reveal was foreshadowed in advance by some sort of easter egg. its audience IS nerds, which is why inconsistencies are so frustrating. then again, in a show that apparently involves multiple realities, theres no telling if something is truly an inconsistency or has been done deliberately.[/quote]

Great post. I'm definitely a Lost geek. I watched the 1st episode on a whim, and haven't missed a single episode since (DVR is such a badass thing).

Such good TV.

Schneed10 05-05-2010 04:01 PM

Agent Smith vs Neo. It's coming.

ArtMonkDrillz 05-23-2010 06:46 PM

[YT]f4zyjLyBp64[/YT]

Last episode EVER tonight and no talk. The turn the show has taken is kind of sad IMO.

Schneed10 05-23-2010 11:44 PM

I loved it. Again, the series was not written as some big puzzle like so many want it to be.

It's a story of life, the struggle to be good, the struggle to resist evil, and when the time comes, the struggle that is death, to move on and let go.

I was thrilled.

FRPLG 05-23-2010 11:49 PM

Yeah...best show on TV just ended.Sad robot.

Schneed10 05-24-2010 11:18 AM

For those confused, looking to make some sense of it, or just to gain some perspective on why this ending was to be appreciated, here's a blogger whose opinion I identify with pretty well.

[url=http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2010/05/24/lost-finale-the-ending-explained/]'Lost' Finale: The Ending Explained - Speakeasy - WSJ[/url]