Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Lions are slowing laying beating on NE tonight (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=43720)

SolidSnake84 08-27-2011 09:51 PM

Lions are slowly laying a beating on New England tonight!!!

Wow what a game, i hope this thread isn't inappropriate or un-needed, but I am watching this game right now and absolutley amazed at what i am seeing.

Brady looks absolutley lost out there. He is making bad, horrible throws. It's just not like him. He's only completed a handful of passes. He looks that bad.

And the Lions sure look great. Matt Stafford is 12/14 right now for 200 yards and 2 touchdowns. He's showing no ill-effects from his oft-repaired shoulder. They look strong and ready. Lions might surprise us this year.

But good for them. The pats deserve a humbling. I would love for them to see how it feels to have a 3 or 4 win season....

Hog1 08-27-2011 10:00 PM

Re: Lions are slowing laying beating on NE tonight

Makes you feel warm all over...............Brady definitely getting knocked around some.

Giantone 08-27-2011 10:08 PM

lol....and folks thats why it's called "PRE-season"

GusFrerotte 08-27-2011 10:12 PM

Sorry Gman, but the Lions are physically dominating the Pats. It is one thing if the Lions were just winning with the score, but they are beating up the Pats. Wes Walker has been taken out with a neck injury for making a nice open field tackle. The Pats might be screwing around, but allowing themselves to get beat up is stupid, if that is indeed the case.

GusFrerotte 08-27-2011 10:14 PM

Ocho is getting knocked around also. If you were just screwing around why keep your two starting Wrs in the game?

MTK 08-27-2011 10:25 PM

Pats are a long way from stumbling to 3 or 4 wins.

skinsfaninok 08-27-2011 10:32 PM

I wanna see what my man SFREDSKIN has to say about the 9ers now? They are horrible and will be a 5 win team this yr

Swarley 08-27-2011 10:35 PM

The Pats tend to take the preseason very seriously so I wouldn't simply chalk this up to the "pre-season" syndrome.

skinsfaninok 08-27-2011 10:36 PM

Lions could be a 10 win team

SolidSnake84 08-27-2011 10:36 PM

I think if anything can be learned from this game, if you pressure the patriots and physically manhandle them like the Lions are doing tonight, then you can beat them. Everybody is almost afraid to play them but these guys tonight are hitting with bad intentions.

I agree with GusFrerrotte. The Lions are beating them badly in every possible way. And the patriots have no answer. I agree with others who say it is dumb to leave their starters in there. They risk a lot of guys getting hurt for a "meaningless" game. Still makes me happy to see Brady take such a terrible beating. The referees aren't in his pocket tonight like in other games.

53Fan 08-27-2011 10:49 PM

If Stafford stays healthy the Lions could be a tough team this year. Preseason or not it's good to see the Patsies getting their asses kicked.

SolidSnake84 08-27-2011 10:52 PM

The patriots beyond suck in this game. They go for it on 4th and 5 right near the end zone and they turned it over on downs!!

SirClintonPortis 08-27-2011 11:04 PM

NE's coach takes every game seriously. He must be pissed.

rbanerjee23 08-27-2011 11:05 PM

Detroit's going to be sick this year -- it's too bad they lost Fairley, I was looking forward to seeing him and Suh line up together. Not against the Redskins though :)

skinsfan69 08-27-2011 11:09 PM

I don't get why everyone here hates the Pats so much.