Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Redskins vs. Texans Gameday Thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=38624)

SBXVII 09-19-2010 10:24 PM

Re: Redskins vs. Texans Gameday Thread

I was eating dinner and missed the Armstrong catch. :( Did he do well enough that we can stop talking about VJ? lol. I thought it looked like they were using Galloway well, and heard the cheering for Armstrong. It just seemed to me again it was all Moss, Moss, Moss the whole first half. Maybe the whole game but it was nice to see and hear a couple of other guys getting catches to include Davis.

Beemnseven 09-19-2010 10:26 PM

[quote=Fan033;736286]That was one of the most demoralizing losses in a long time. [B]A game we should have won and would have won if not for that blocked field goal. [/B] Then to kick the winning field goal in overtime to see it nullified because of a timely time-out by Houston. With the Redskins, the game is never over until the clock runs out. You can never ever relax and assume you've won. I'm very impressed with McNabb and equally as unimpressed with our running game. Eighteen total yards on the ground? Wow! That's gotta change. So another Monday will roll around and I won't look forward to reading the morning Post.[/quote]

Yeah, but even if we make that field goal, it's only a 10 point game and that probably wouldn't have been enough.

The way things were going, if it was 4th and 95, Schaub would have found Andre Johnson wide open for a 96 yard completion.

SBXVII 09-19-2010 10:33 PM

As I said before this is one of the games I had listed as a loss and probably a blow out. Here was my win/loss...

Win:
Cowboys
Rams
Eagles
Bears
Lions
Eagles
Giants
Buccaneers
Jaguars

Loss:
Texans
Packers
Colts
Titans
Vikings
Giants
Cowboys

My list has us 9-7 but if we can even clear maybe one more like the Vikings who looked bad or maybe take the second Cowboys game we could go 10-6.

SirClintonPortis 09-19-2010 10:33 PM

[quote=SBXVII;736309]I was eating dinner and missed the Armstrong catch. :( Did he do well enough that we can stop talking about VJ? lol. I thought it looked like they were using Galloway well, and heard the cheering for Armstrong. It just seemed to me again it was all Moss, Moss, Moss the whole first half. Maybe the whole game but it was nice to see and hear a couple of other guys getting catches to include Davis.[/quote]
Galloway burned the defense and had a bomb for a touchdown, but McNabb threw it a few inches too far from his fingertips.

CRedskinsRule 09-19-2010 10:35 PM

Let's see if we can beat the Rams like we SHOULD beat the Rams. I would like to see us get and hold a lead against a "lesser" team.

CRedskinsRule 09-19-2010 10:36 PM

[quote=SirClintonPortis;736319]Galloway burned the defense and had a bomb for a touchdown, but McNabb threw it a few inches too far from his fingertips.[/quote]

does VJ make that catch? (honestly don't know, but that's kind of the question isn't it?)

SBXVII 09-19-2010 10:41 PM

Ok, had to change my Avatar for the week, not sure who was the mvp of our loss but I would think with McNabb's 400+ yrds passing he was it if not runner up. However I think McNabb will get his day on another game.

I think Rogers deserves his props. We are quick to slam him for his bad hands but he actually caught one today which led to points. So.... Rogers is my Avatar of the week.

Beemnseven 09-19-2010 10:43 PM

If VJ costs us draft picks I don't want him.

GusFrerotte 09-19-2010 10:43 PM

[quote=TheSmurfs22;736176]We are not going to right years of ineptitude and poor decision making in one year, let alone two games.[/quote]

Exactly. This can be a 3 year turn around program. We need depth in both lines, another safety or two, another CB for depth, and I still would say another WR. Galloway might decide to hang it up after this season, and face it, after Santana, the other guys will do for now, but we do need an upgrade at WR still.

Lotus 09-19-2010 10:48 PM

[quote=Beemnseven;736347]If VJ costs us draft picks I don't want him.[/quote]

Well put again.

GusFrerotte 09-19-2010 10:48 PM

Forget the VJ talk. THis game showed us we are OK at WR and that our priorities should lie elsewhere. Folks are right a NT, G, S, and a CB should be targeted in the next few drafts. We will be winners with Shanny and Donovan, but it will take 2 seasons to really contend. The guys on D have to get settled in with the 3-4 and we need to draft guys that are familiar with it from the get go.

SBXVII 09-19-2010 10:52 PM

Someone said once ... what is so special about draft picks? Teams draft a player in hopes he works out in the NFL as well as the scheme their trying to impliment, in the case of VJ we all know he can play in the NFL. If given a choice of guessing on a WR or paying a little more for a proven commodity I'll take the proven commodity. We drafted two WR's in the second round and notta one is doing much. Partly due to the position coach I believe but still they are not doing much.

Beemnseven 09-19-2010 10:54 PM

[quote=Lotus;736354]Well put again.[/quote]

Thank you. Guess I'm on a roll tonight. :)

Dirtbag59 09-19-2010 11:00 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;736325]does VJ make that catch? (honestly don't know, but that's kind of the question isn't it?)[/quote]

I don't think so, VJ is fast but Galloway is on a whole other level when it comes to speed, even at 38 years old. Galloway was open because he burned the secondary. As much as it pains me to say it thats on McNabb.

MTK 09-19-2010 11:03 PM

Seemed that the throw was a bit long, but it also seemed that Galloway didn't make a great play on it either. I think someone said he might have lost sight of it.