Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Redskins vs. Texans Gameday Thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=38624)

mooby 09-20-2010 01:20 AM

Re: Redskins vs. Texans Gameday Thread

I kinda feel like even though we were excellent with our pass offense this game, the game McNabb had also had plenty to do with how bad the Texans pass defense is. We shouldn't be prepared to see that every week.

diehard 09-20-2010 08:01 AM

[quote=Lotus;736354]Well put again.[/quote]

This team has to get younger and more talented. Jackson fits the bill however, the need for talented personnel on the defensive side of the ball seems priority. Other than Jackson, is there anyone else 'available' that would propel this team?

diehard 09-20-2010 08:11 AM

Why isn't Barnes playing? I thought he would be used as 'the X-factor'. Did they just want to play keep away? Tyrone Carter could've been kept and Barnes PS'd. I don't think other teams wanted him that bad.

EARTHQUAKE2689 09-20-2010 08:23 AM

[quote=Gmanc711;736246]Just got back to the hotel from the game.... what a freaking disaster. I have nothing to add that probably has not been said, but I knew it almost as soon as we went up 27-10.... I just knew it'd come crashing down... and of course it did. This is the stuff that I was expecting to be fixed from Shannahan. That blocked field goal is atrocious. I dont know who's fault it is, but that is the 2nd missed field goal on something like that in as many weeks. Someone needs to lose their job for it. Thats crap.

Either way, I'd rather have lost by 40 than done that...[/quote]

The last sentence I said that also and was called a fool.

EARTHQUAKE2689 09-20-2010 08:26 AM

[quote=Hog1;736306]THAT'S why we have a drunk thread!
AND as.....painfull as this was, it's our coaches and our guys first year in ALL new systems. ALl of our systems arenot in place and all the correct personnel does not exist here as of yet. Another offseason, and draft...maybe, maybe more.
THAT having been said, globally your Offense cannot quit scoring, and your Defense MUST be able to make a stop when the game is on the line...........
It was a professional showing
Sleep well............or not.[/quote]

As good as ALI was, I don't think he is in any shape to play for the Redskins.

SBXVII 09-20-2010 08:32 AM

My positive notes from game 2:

1- The Texans are a play off team and we went toe to toe.
2- McNabb and his 400+ yrds.
3- Everyone got involved...Moss, Cooley, Davis, Portis, Armstrong, Galloway.....
4- Defense got 5 sacks.
5- Rogers got an interception.
6- Skins scored over 20 points.
7- Loss to an AFC team not NFC.

I was pissed right after the game, but after settling down and thinking about it this was one of the prettiest losses we've had. I'm a huge Gibbs fan from Gibb1 to Gibb2 but no way do we win this game with him. Zorn .... forget it. I had this as one of my team losses on the way to a 9-7/10-6 season. This was a team that went to the playoffs last yr and is projected to go again possibly taking it to the SB and we played toe to toe with them. Maybe even beat them if we scored 1 more TD or hit the FG that was blocked and made the FG at the end instead of shanking it right after Houstons time out.

Lastly.... folks this was an AFC team. If we are going to lose I'd rather it be to an AFC team vs. one of the NFC teams.

Now if they can just get the running game going which sometimes takes more time. Hopefully during the Rams game we can start making it click.

Gmanc711 09-20-2010 08:41 AM

[quote=SBXVII;736430]My positive notes from game 2:

1- The Texans are a play off team and we went toe to toe.
3- Everyone got involved...Moss, Cooley, Davis, Portis, Armstrong, Galloway.....
4- Defense got 5 sacks.

I was pissed right after the game, but after settling down and thinking about it this was one of the prettiest losses we've had. I'm a huge Gibbs fan from Gibb1 to Gibb2 but no way do we win this game with him. Zorn .... forget it. I had this as one of my team losses on the way to a 9-7/10-6 season. This was a team that went to the playoffs last yr and is projected to go again possibly taking it to the SB and we played toe to toe with them. Maybe even beat them if we scored 1 more TD or hit the FG that was blocked and made the FG at the end instead of shanking it right after Houstons time out.

Lastly.... folks this was an AFC team. If we are going to lose I'd rather it be to an AFC team vs. one of the NFC teams.

Now if they can just get the running game going which sometimes takes more time. Hopefully during the Rams game we can start making it click.[/quote]

I agree with a lot of this, however, this was not a pretty loss. Anytime you're up 17 freaking points at home there is NO EXCUSES for losing. Houston is a legit football team, there is no question about that. However, I do not care who we're playing, if were up 17 points at home mid-way through the third quarter, that needs to be an automatic win.... but the Redskins cannot seem to ever make those automatic. I know alot of us were expecting exactly what happened, and I'm not surprised at all. I want to take a look at some of the positives, but losing a game like that, makes it very hard to.

SBXVII 09-20-2010 08:42 AM

[QUOTE]iginally Posted by Gmanc711
Just got back to the hotel from the game.... what a freaking disaster. I have nothing to add that probably has not been said, but I knew it almost as soon as we went up 27-10.... I just knew it'd come crashing down... and of course it did. This is the stuff that I was expecting to be fixed from Shannahan. That blocked field goal is atrocious. I dont know who's fault it is, but that is the 2nd missed field goal on something like that in as many weeks. Someone needs to lose their job for it. Thats crap.

Either way, I'd rather have lost by 40 than done that...[/QUOTE]

Remember Rome was not built in a day. I don't think I would fire our kicker just yet. I look at Dallas's kicker last week and this week and he's bad. Houstons kicker missed a FG. I don't know what the longest kick Gano has but he looks like he could kick from about 60 yrds out.

On the blocked kick you can't blame the kicker. The person to blame was Davis.... our beloved TE. So go ahead and fire him. Davis was on the right side and was supposed to side step right and chip block the end man. All he did was put his hand on the shoulder pads and let the man run right by him for the block. Even the announcers mentioned it. I must warn you though that speaking of firing Davis will not make you fans with the crowd here. There seem to be a lot of Davis fans who would like to see him on the field over Cooley. But..... he's your scape goat if your looking to fire someone.

SBXVII 09-20-2010 08:48 AM

Here's the proof of Davis's bad block.....

[URL="http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010091900/2010/REG2/texans@redskins#tab:watch"]NFL Game Center: Houston Texans at Washington Redskins - 2010 Week 2[/URL]

go to the 1 min mark from the begining and watch the FG.

MTK 09-20-2010 09:02 AM

[quote=Fan033;736286]That was one of the most demoralizing losses in a long time. A game we should have won and would have won if not for that blocked field goal. Then to kick the winning field goal in overtime to see it nullified because of a timely time-out by Houston. With the Redskins, the game is never over until the clock runs out. You can never ever relax and assume you've won. I'm very impressed with McNabb and equally as unimpressed with our running game. Eighteen total yards on the ground? Wow! That's gotta change. So another Monday will roll around and I won't look forward to reading the morning Post.[/quote]

Personally a 4-12 season like last year was much more demoralizing than what happened yesterday. At least we have a competitive team now, last year we were just woefully overmatched in every game. We now have a chance.

diehard 09-20-2010 09:18 AM

They won't win every game.

SBXVII 09-20-2010 09:22 AM

[quote=Mattyk;736438][B]Personally a 4-12 season like last year was much more demoralizing than what happened yesterday. [/B]At least we have a competitive team now, last year we were just woefully overmatched in every game. We now have a chance.[/quote]

I totally agree. I know I used the term "pretty loss" and no loss is pretty but compared to the last 2 yrs and possibly the last 10 yrs this loss we actually looked competative in. We kept the game close. Better clock management. and on the plus side a better idea of just how good we might be. The Dallas game left me wondering still what kind of team we had..... did Dallas play down to us, did we play better then we actually are? Then to see Dallas struggle yesterday did not make me feel much better prior to our game. Here both Dallas and the Texans were supposed to be play off teams this yr and possibly SB teams and we beat one and went toe to toe with the other almost beating them. Folks .... I'm exited. Yes this team has a way to go and it might take 2-3 yrs but if we are this good now imagine how we could look yr 2 or 3. ;)

Chico23231 09-20-2010 09:25 AM

[quote=SBXVII;736435]Here's the proof of Davis's bad block.....

[URL="http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010091900/2010/REG2/texans@redskins#tab:watch"]NFL Game Center: Houston Texans at Washington Redskins - 2010 Week 2[/URL]

go to the 1 min mark from the begining and watch the FG.[/quote]

That to me was the worst play of the game. Surprised we dont talk more about how bad our special teams play is. Its not a new issue, they have been poor for several years. Our kickout/punt coverage is decent, but our kicking/punting game and returns are just lacking. I mean that poor block attempt my davis is much more frustrating to me than the Gano miss at the end.

CRedskinsRule 09-20-2010 09:27 AM

Yeah I think some people may have forgotten how bad watching our lack of offense last year against Detroit was, or how bad it was to start off last year against the group of 0fers, and play down to or worse than their level.

skinsfan69 09-20-2010 09:29 AM

[quote=SBXVII;736430]My positive notes from game 2:

[B]1- The Texans are a play off team and we went toe to toe[/B].
[B]4- Defense got 5 sacks.[/B]

Now if they can just get the running game going which sometimes takes more time. Hopefully during the Rams game we can start making it click.[/quote]

No they're not. They haven't made the playoffs since their exsistence.

It didn't matter cause when we really needed one we couldn't get it.