Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hogs Jacoby, Bostic, Grimm, Starke, Riggo etc to sue owner Daniel Snyder (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=65147)

REDSKINS4ever 12-26-2022 08:21 PM

Hogs Jacoby, Bostic, Grimm, Starke, Riggo etc to sue owner Daniel Snyder

[url]https://sports.yahoo.com/washingtons-iconic-hogs-suing-commanders-team-owner-dan-snyder-193704110.html[/url]

FrenchSkin 12-26-2022 10:43 PM

Re: Hogs Jacoby, Bostic, Grimm, Starke, Riggo etc to sue owner Daniel Snyder

[quote=REDSKINS4ever;1333803][url]https://sports.yahoo.com/washingtons-iconic-hogs-suing-commanders-team-owner-dan-snyder-193704110.html[/url][/quote]

I have mixed feelings about this. I get were they're coming from, and it's always enjoyable to see good people taking on this PoS.

But at the same time I have this weird feeling that you don't want to push it to the point were Snyder does something stupid... wounded animals are dangerous, and a cornered wounded animal can do the most stupid things, especially if that animal was as stupid as Snyder even before getting wounded and cornered.

Also, obviously they should've included the original Hogs in the discussion about using them as a mascot, but this is more on Jason Wright than Snyder IMO. As hard as I'm trying to like Jason, he's proven to be quite incompetent in many aspects. And not all of it can be brushed off with the "the fish rots from the head" argument, he's getting a big salary to do a job, and he has failed over and over to do the most simple tasks of this job.

jamf 12-26-2022 10:58 PM

Or they are simply trying to prevent this team from shitting on the Hogs legacy.
No one wants to see a hogs mascot done in a half ass manner.
Jason Wright is a retard with no situational awareness.

NC_Skins 12-26-2022 11:04 PM

[quote=FrenchSkin;1333808]but this is more on Jason Wright than Snyder IMO.[/quote]

Nothing. Nothing. Nothing. NOTHING happens without the blessing or encouragement of Dan Snyder. He's always made the decisions even when we were continuously told he wasn't. Every single aspect of failure from this organization is the fault of Dan Snyder. Period.

FrenchSkin 12-27-2022 01:23 AM

[quote=NC_Skins;1333811]Nothing. Nothing. Nothing. NOTHING happens without the blessing or encouragement of Dan Snyder. He's always made the decisions even when we were continuously told he wasn't. Every single aspect of failure from this organization is the fault of Dan Snyder. Period.[/quote]

I agree it's Dan's fault and responsibility. But it doesn't mean other people don't have their share of responsibility too. Nothing prevented Jason from taking his phone and calling Joe Jacoby and cie...

FrenchSkin 12-27-2022 01:25 AM

[quote=jamf;1333809]Or they are simply trying to prevent this team from shitting on the Hogs legacy.
[B]No one wants to see a hogs mascot done in a half ass manner. [/B]
Jason Wright is a retard with no situational awareness.[/quote]

Good point. I just don't all this to backfire. We're inches away from the endzone, I don't want us to get flagged for Unsportsmanlike conduct because we danced our way to this TD...

REDSKINS4ever 12-27-2022 06:41 AM

[quote=NC_Skins;1333811]Nothing. Nothing. Nothing. NOTHING happens without the blessing or encouragement of Dan Snyder. He's always made the decisions even when we were continuously told he wasn't. Every single aspect of failure from this organization is the fault of Dan Snyder. Period.[/quote]

Snyder has always been foolish and greedy........this dude sees dollars and cents when it comes to everything...last I heard he wants more than 7 billion dollars for this sunken franchise. When he purchased this franchise it only costed him 820 million bucks......23 years later the team is worth 5 billion dollars but he wants more than that for it despite
the team being a constant and disgraceful loser during the entirety of his ownership

REDSKINS4ever 12-27-2022 06:42 AM

[quote=jamf;1333809]Or they are simply trying to prevent this team from shitting on the Hogs legacy.
No one wants to see a hogs mascot done in a half ass manner.
Jason Wright is a retard with no situational awareness.[/quote]

I concur. Jason Wright is not the right man for the job.

That Guy 12-27-2022 07:42 AM

I imagine trademarking a single word is going to be a hard sell. Without a trademark (which has not been granted yet (if ever), there's no real threat of losing a lawsuit.

I wonder how much they asked for. If I was Dan I'd say no thanks too. Once you start paying people, it shows you have some agreement that this is a thing and you should be paying them. I don't think a precedent of paying to license an unofficial fan name makes a ton of sense to anyone.

Also, if anyone had a claim, it'd be Bugel who coined it, right?

mooby 12-27-2022 08:13 AM

I think they're just trying to stop Snyder from profiting off the name.

Will it succeed? Idk.

Chico23231 12-27-2022 08:30 AM

So these guys want to be paid, right? Or we sticking with the narrative they are dragging another legacy through the mud? Both can be true, but if they are given money…this goes away I’m guessing?

BaltimoreSkins 12-27-2022 08:39 AM

I rarely side with management but I don’t see why now when profit has been made off their likeness for 40 years. I think I need more info than what the articles are giving to understand the players logic

sdskinsfan2001 12-27-2022 09:20 AM

[quote=BaltimoreSkins;1333824]I rarely side with management but I don’t see why now when profit has been made off their likeness for 40 years. I think I need more info than what the articles are giving to understand the players logic[/quote]

[IMG]https://y.yarn.co/b2775e46-02db-48fe-a7d2-5930b88cb1cc_text.gif[/IMG]

mredskins 12-27-2022 10:08 AM

Exactly, DS always needs a fall guy, Jason Wright is the current see Bruce and Vinny for other examples.

KI Skins Fan 12-27-2022 10:51 AM

[quote=jamf;1333809]Or they are simply trying to prevent this team from shitting on the Hogs legacy? [B]YES[/B]
No one wants to see a hogs mascot done in a half ass manner. [B]TRUE[/B]
Jason Wright is a retard with no situational awareness. [B]NO DOUBT[/B][/quote]

No more transparent and incompetent attempts at marketing this shit show are needed at this point. Snyder already has bids of over $7 Billion to buy the team. Snyder should order Jason Wright to cancel all of his ill-conceived projects, handle the day-to-day business only, and avoid talking to The Press.