Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Official Super Bowl XL Game Thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=10976)

56FAN 02-06-2006 09:07 AM

Re: Official Super Bowl XL Game Thread

A fitting end to one of the worst years of officaiting i have ever witnessed.no td, no holding penalties and when hines ward can push off by pushing the face maks of the defender right in front of the ref and no call is made then is shows a bias. i'm happy for bettis. but this win will always have an * by it. now on to the skins.p.s i hope thye come up with something for the refs before it gets any worse.

TheMalcolmConnection 02-06-2006 09:12 AM

Wow, I don't know if I'd go so far as to say the officiating was THAT bad. Offensive interference happens all the time. It's just when people get called for it (Jackson doing it right in front of the official). I thought overall the game was called fairly well.

MTK 02-06-2006 09:13 AM

This game really did seem like the refs were calling it in favor of the Steelers.

That was a BS push off call in the endzone... you can't take away a TD on iffy contact like that.

The holding call that took back a TD was BS too, and then the call against Hasselbeck on the INT was just ridiculous. He's going for a tackle, what else was he supposed to do??

Granted the Seahawks were a mess when it came to clock management at the end of the half and at the end of the game, but the refs really tipped the game in favor of Pittsburgh. I'd be pissed today if I were a Seattle fan.

TheMalcolmConnection 02-06-2006 09:15 AM

The holding call for the second (or third?) TD was actually warranted. The lineman seriously corralled the guy preventing him from getting a sack.

redrock-skins 02-06-2006 11:17 AM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]The holding call for the second (or third?) TD was actually warranted. The lineman seriously corralled the guy preventing him from getting a sack.[/QUOTE]

There was a clear holding play earlier on Seattle that fits your description, but the one on Locklear was a joke. Not only that, but the player Locklear was "holding" was offsides.

MTK 02-06-2006 02:01 PM

[QUOTE=redrock-skins]There was a clear holding play earlier on Seattle that fits your description, but the one on Locklear was a joke. Not only that, but the player Locklear was "holding" was offsides.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's the one I was talking about.

Pretty iffy call, not a call you want to see them take a TD off the board over.

SmootSmack 02-06-2006 02:48 PM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]This game really did seem like the refs were calling it in favor of the Steelers.

That was a BS push off call in the endzone... you can't take away a TD on iffy contact like that.[/QUOTE]

According to today's Pittsburg Post-Gazette (or whatever the paper is called) the back judge in the game is a Pittsburgh native...take from that what you will

irish 02-06-2006 03:08 PM

[QUOTE=TAFKAS]According to today's Pittsburg Post-Gazette (or whatever the paper is called) the back judge in the game is a Pittsburgh native...take from that what you will[/QUOTE]

Oh puhlease! Not another conspiricy.

Its funny because the only fans I know that are more convinced the NFL and the refs are out to get them more than skins fans are steeler fans.

SmootSmack 02-06-2006 03:13 PM

[QUOTE=irish]Oh puhlease! Not another conspiricy.

Its funny because the only fans I know that are more convinced the NFL and the refs are out to get them more than skins fans are steeler fans.[/QUOTE]

For the record I think it was a bad call, but I don't think there was intent on the back judge's part to sway the game because he's from Pittsburgh

I was just throwing it out there for fun

wolfeskins 02-06-2006 05:29 PM

[QUOTE=TAFKAS]For the record I think it was a bad call, but I don't think there was intent on the back judge's part to sway the game because he's from Pittsburgh

I was just throwing it out there for fun[/QUOTE]

you know he didn't throw the flag right away. he basically didn't throw it until the pitt, defender turned to him and said "come on now, what the hell are we paying you for"?

redskinsfanatic 02-06-2006 06:06 PM

of the 35 or so superbowls i have seen,this was by far the worst officiating job than all the others!i understand bigen's td,but the chop block penalty and those two awful holding calls were just horrid.i think the steelers would have won if the refs had called a fair game.

wolfeskins 02-06-2006 06:20 PM

[QUOTE=redskinsfanatic]of the 35 or so superbowls i have seen,this was by far the worst officiating job than all the others!i understand bigen's td,but the chop block penalty and those two awful holding calls were just horrid.i think the steelers would have won if the refs had called a fair game.[/QUOTE]

did you mean to say seahawks would have won ?

70Chip 02-07-2006 02:58 AM

[QUOTE=redrock-skins]There was a clear holding play earlier on Seattle that fits your description, but the one on Locklear was a joke. Not only that, but the player Locklear was "holding" was offsides.[/QUOTE]

There were a couple of off-sides by Pittsburgh on that drive that the refs ignored. A terrible job by the officials, but then what else is new. They took away 11 Seattle points and may have given Pittsburgh another 7 in the process. That call on Hasselbeck was truly bizarre. If I were a conspiracy theorist...

redrock-skins 02-07-2006 01:03 PM

[url]http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/football/258589_hawk07.html[/url]

DETROIT -- The official assessment from the NFL: "Overall it was a well-officiated game. There's no question about it."

That was the word from Greg Aiello, league spokesman.

Are we sure Vince McMahon didn't make that statement?

railcon56 02-07-2006 01:42 PM

[QUOTE=70Chip]There were a couple of off-sides by Pittsburgh on that drive that the refs ignored. A terrible job by the officials, but then what else is new. They took away 11 Seattle points and may have given Pittsburgh another 7 in the process. That call on Hasselbeck was truly bizarre. If I were a conspiracy theorist...[/QUOTE]
It seemed to me the Hawks were ripped off...they called everything against them and nothing on the Steelers....Every momentum changing and big play they were penalized... The 1st TD pushoff was iffy I'll give the Refs that one maybe... but that was not a TD the ref was gonna mark it short the Rothlesberger moved the ball up but they gave him the td....and the replay showed he was stopped short.... Also the holding call on the big pass..bullshit!!!! you cant call an iffy penalty in the Superbowl..... and they call a Low block on a tackle... the Refs seemed to get caught up in the steelers hype....they seemed in awe... either way they were ripped off..........

bigmarley4 02-07-2006 01:52 PM

Let's move on to 2006, shall we? Anyone want to lay a G on our odds at 20-1?

Odds to Win 2007 NFL Championship
TEAM
Colts 4/1
Seahawks 5/1
Patriots 5/1
Panthers 6/1
Steelers 6/1
Cowboys 10/1
Chargers 10/1
Broncos 10/1
Giants 15/1
Bears 15/1
Buccaneers 15/1
Bengals 18/1
Redskins 20/1
Jaguars 22/1
Chiefs 22/1
Falcons 25/1
Eagles 20/1
Dolphins 20/1
Vikings 25/1
Packers 35/1
Ravens 40/1
Browns 50/1
Rams 50/1
Bills 50/1
Raiders 60/1
Cardinals 60/1
Lions 50/1
Texans 75/1
Saints 75/1
49ers 100/1
Titans 100/1
Jets 100/1

TheMalcolmConnection 02-07-2006 02:02 PM

I seriously was thinking about dropping a hundred bucks on the Skins for next year. That's a nice payout.

railcon56 02-07-2006 02:05 PM

Can you even imagine if the skins were in the superbowl and lost on calls like that??? we would all be Nuclear missles....Hell i was highly pissed in that Tampa loss... I am not a hawks fan but I feel for them.....

railcon56 02-07-2006 02:06 PM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]I seriously was thinking about dropping a hundred bucks on the Skins for next year. That's a nice payout.[/QUOTE]
Anybody know any sports betting sites...hell i might just go to Vegas... Or the UK

SmootSmack 02-07-2006 02:28 PM

[QUOTE=railcon56@comcast.net]Anybody know any sports betting sites...hell i might just go to Vegas... Or the UK[/QUOTE]

Well I found this

[url]http://www.sportsbetting.com/trial/index.html[/url] (Redskins 20-1 to win SB XLI)

TheMalcolmConnection 02-07-2006 02:34 PM

Yeah. It's a good one. I use that one and it's really user friendly.