Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Vick Offered Minimum One Year Prison Sentence as Part of Plea Deal (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=19311)

skinsguy 08-17-2007 09:36 PM

Re: Vick Offered Minimum One Year Prison Sentence as Part of Plea Deal

[QUOTE=JoeRedskin;340725]
Thus, while you may not see dogfighting as inately abusive, I would suggest that a majority of Americans would consider it worse then small time drug dealing.[/QUOTE]

I see it as murder! I treat my dogs as family members. I will spend major $$$ on surgeries or whatever they need to have a healthy life. It is an inhumane act that should never be tolerated or taken lightly.

People will turn their backs on you, but a dog will love you no matter how bad you treat him. All he/she asks for is food, water, and shelter....and you have a friend for life.

MTK 08-17-2007 10:38 PM

Did you guys see this article?

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=munson_lester&id=2979011]ESPN - Munson: Latest pleas are powerful evidence against Vick - NFL[/url]

Both of Vick's former cohorts in the alleged dogfighting scheme will bring dramatic and powerful testimony against Vick. The most difficult testimony for Vick to counter will be Peace's description of a doubleheader dogfight in March 2003. According to the "Summary of the Facts" that Peace signed as part of his plea agreement, Vick and Peace entered two dogs from Bad Newz Kennels in that fight. Both lost. If the Vick case goes to trial, [B]Peace will testify in front of the judge and jury that he and Vick "executed the dog by wetting the dog down with water and electrocuting the animal." That isn't all. Peace and Phillips will describe eight more executions during 2004 and 2005, all of them occurring on Vick's compound in Surry County, Va. All eight dogs flunked fighting tests. Some were drowned. Others were hung. And one was killed -- with Vick allegedly present -- by "slamming its body into the ground."[/B]

I wanted to throw up after reading this.

redskinsfanatic 08-18-2007 10:55 AM

what the big thing in all this to me is,why the hell did a multimillionaire have to do this?it makes me sick when i read how he treated these animals,but it really pisses me off that a guy who could have been such a role model to so many kids has turned into such a huge dissapointment.if the evidence is clear he did all this and from what i have read it is,i think the comissioner needs to sit him out at least two years.in fairness to him though,the other guys need to serve a long sentence too because vick did'nt do this alone.give this thing a week or so,and jesse jackson will throw the race card into it!!!!!!!

jgalecpa 08-18-2007 05:56 PM

[quote=redskinsfanatic;340946]he needs to take the deal,sit his ass in jail,train like hell,and be ready to play next season.maybe by then things will have calmed down a little by then![/quote]

Only problem is, IF he tried to get back into the NFL, imagine every PETA member in every town he plays in, buying tickets, screaming bloody murder (oops, bad choice of words) at the games, holding up pics of desicrated animals.

Doesn't make good TV

Now, Imagine those same protestors in front of the HQ of any company that would be fool enough to try to sign him to an endorsment contract.

Free speech is a powerful thing....

Darrell_Green_28 08-18-2007 06:50 PM

well either way he more than likely will not play anymore with the Falcons if at all in the NFL

[url=http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=txfalconsvick&prov=st&type=lgns]Falcons owner says Vick's day with Falcons likely over - NFL - Yahoo! Sports[/url]

jgalecpa 08-18-2007 06:58 PM

What will the status of any signing bonuses be if he gets suspended for one year, two years, etc?

Cowell 08-18-2007 08:04 PM

He won't get paid.

jgalecpa 08-19-2007 01:15 PM

All for bets that were reported in the 1,500 - 5,000 range.

Bad math!

Bushead 08-19-2007 03:10 PM

As a PR major... WHERE THE HELL IS HIS AGENT? There has been no news conference or proactive action to help with all the speculation or atmosphere that is tearing Vick apart. By all means I think its deserved, but I just don't understand why no one is at least giving him some help.

CHIEF CHUCKING MY SPEAR 08-19-2007 05:02 PM

hope he finds a nice bunkmate

jsarno 08-20-2007 01:25 AM

[QUOTE=skinsguy;340954]I see it as murder! I treat my dogs as family members. I will spend major $$$ on surgeries or whatever they need to have a healthy life. It is an inhumane act that should never be tolerated or taken lightly.

People will turn their backs on you, but a dog will love you no matter how bad you treat him. All he/she asks for is food, water, and shelter....and you have a friend for life.[/QUOTE]

I 100% agree with you.
As we speak, I have one basset at my foot, and one basset at my head (I am laying on the sofa). I love my dogs more than most every human except my wife. They are not dogs, they are little furry humans to me.
It's a huge issue to me and he should be set an example of. I wish the offer was never made, they should throw the book at him.

EARTHQUAKE2689 08-20-2007 01:29 AM

I wish he gets the maximum penalty. Dogs love you unconditionally. They will put their lives at stake for you without a seond thought. I love my dogs and this shit is ridiculous.

mooby 08-20-2007 02:05 AM

I gotta agree with the dog lovers, I love my dog, she's always been nice to me and I love to take care of her. I hope Vick gets banned from the NFL for the gambling and I hope he gets at least 2 years in prison.