Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Post Draft Free agency targets (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64833)

skinsnut 05-02-2021 10:23 AM

Post Draft Free agency targets

OK, the draft is over. We still have weaknesses. I'll get us started.
I want:
Tre Boston
Ryan Kerrigan
vet TE
backup QB upgrade
vet MLB
Another vet CB
3 down RB

EdmundDorf 05-02-2021 10:32 AM

Re: Post Draft Free agency targets

All of them? We already have a pretty full roster, number of guys from last years team will, justifiably, already be leaving.

FS. Would live to have Tre Boston but unless they ditch Landon Collins, that room is full
MLB. I think J.Davis will be MLB, we need a WLB.
QB. Ron loves K.Allen and there really aren't any viable vetetans on the market.
TE. We aren't keeping 4 TE so no point adding a journeyman veteran

EdmundDorf 05-02-2021 10:35 AM

We do still need a viable RB backup if Lamar Miller is not the answer, not sure who you would target in his place.

EdmundDorf 05-02-2021 10:37 AM

Be interesting to see any veterans that are released post dratt, may be some useful guys there

AnonEmouse 05-02-2021 11:34 AM

Only vets I'd look for are FS (Boston) and RB. I'd actually be leaving any further signings than those until camp shakes out what we have in terms of real remaining needs.

BaltimoreSkins 05-02-2021 11:40 AM

Question about Matt I. We expect him to be recovered for season right? If so he is pretty versatile can provide edge but generally pressure up middle. If so not sure we need to bring RK back.

KI Skins Fan 05-02-2021 12:42 PM

[quote=EdmundDorf;1283043]All of them? We already have a pretty full roster, number of guys from last years team will, justifiably, already be leaving.

FS. Would live to have Tre Boston but unless they ditch Landon Collins, that room is full
MLB. I think J.Davis will be MLB, we need a WLB.
QB. Ron loves K.Allen and there really aren't any viable vetetans on the market.
TE. We aren't keeping 4 TE so no point adding a journeyman veteran[/quote]

FS - That room is only full if they have someone better than Tre Boston to play FS - which they don't. If we sign Boston (which I hope we do) somebody in that room had better start packing.

WLB - I'm all for picking up a WLB.

QB - I'm fine with our QB's until the WFT can land "The One".

TE - I agree unless we are offered a deal we can't refuse on a good vet.

vallin21 05-02-2021 12:55 PM

The FS room is far from set. As KI mentioned, Tre Boston (if signed) would be an upgrade over anyone we have currently. Apke is expendable, and wouldn’t be surprised if he’s cut in the next few weeks.

Chico23231 05-02-2021 01:05 PM

I would still watch TE Zach Ertz and FS Tre Boston

EdmundDorf 05-02-2021 01:05 PM

The assumption is that Apke is already cut. But if we think we are keeping 5 safeties and one of them is Landon Collins who then do you cut? The guy we just drafted in the 5th round. Deshazor Everett who is a team captain and leader on ST and played really well last year before his injury. Jeremy Reaves who was, in admittedly limited playing time, one of the best ranked FS in the league last year according to PFF. If none of them then it must be Cam Kurl. No? So as my statement said, if they don't get rid of Landon Collins, which would save cap space, then who do you cut. I just don't think RR and JDR think they need to add to that group. They absolutely do need a LB, that is where the money should go

EdmundDorf 05-02-2021 01:06 PM

K.J Wright

AnonEmouse 05-02-2021 03:08 PM

I get your point about the stacked room, but do we ignore an upgrade if he wants to come here? I'd say au revoir to Collins easily enough. Boston, Kurl, Reaves, Everett and Forrest would do me fine. And who knows where we'll be in couple of months come camp. Injuries etc.?

I agree on Wright though. We need more quality strength in the LB room. Though I wouldn't want to break the bank on him. There's a reason he's still available, and if it's money...

rocnrik 05-02-2021 03:17 PM

Backup vet Qb ? I don’t get that .. We allready have that . . What this team needs is a solid training camp ... get a few early wins and gain some confidence and we can repeat as division champs .. now at some point we need a future franchise QB ...

skinsfan69 05-03-2021 07:18 AM

[quote=skinsnut;1283041]OK, the draft is over. We still have weaknesses. I'll get us started.
I want:
Tre Boston
Ryan Kerrigan
vet TE
backup QB upgrade
vet MLB
Another vet CB
3 down RB[/quote]

Um did you watch the games? McKissic was as good as any 3rd down back in the league last year.

Kerrigan is done. He is slow and gets pushed around in the run game. He should retire.

We have two back up QB's already that know the offense and have shown they can play. Who are you going to bring in at this point of the off season that will be better than them?

Chico23231 05-03-2021 07:25 AM

[quote=skinsfan69;1283082]Um did you watch the games? McKissic was as good as any 3rd down back in the league last year.

[B]Kerrigan is done. He is slow and gets pushed around in the run game. He should retire.
[/B]
We have two back up QB's already that know the offense and have shown they can play. Who are you going to bring in at this point of the off season that will be better than them?[/quote]

The fact Kerrigan is still out there without a deal should be a big flag.

We drafted two guys to contribute to RK roll. I’m ready to move on

MTK 05-03-2021 09:34 AM

Honestly barring injury I don't see us making any significant moves.

punch it in 05-03-2021 09:41 AM

[QUOTE=skinsfan69;1283082]Um did you watch the games? McKissic was as good as any 3rd down back in the league last year.

Kerrigan is done. He is slow and gets pushed around in the run game. He should retire.

We have two back up QB's already that know the offense and have shown they can play. Who are you going to bring in at this point of the off season that will be better than them?[/QUOTE]

Agree with all of this wholeheartedly. Especially McKissic. He was clutch last year. Im excited to see him back in the same offense again.

Monkeydad 05-03-2021 10:43 AM

[quote=MTK;1283085]Honestly barring injury I don't see us making any significant moves.[/quote]

Agreed, we filled every need in the draft.

We only picked up [B]one[/B] UDFA, a RB that was too good to leave on the street.

I do think there's a good chance Kerrigan comes back at a discount...I'm surprised he hasn't found a new home and the team hasn't closed that door completely. He met with the Bengals and Colts previously, no contract.

Chico23231 05-03-2021 11:07 AM

Falcons won't exercise TE Hayden Hurst's fifth-year option.
Hurst will be a free agent in 2022. Atlanta went all in on phenom tight end Kyle Pitts, taking him with the fourth pick in the 2021 draft, thereby ending Hurst's 2021 fantasy relevance. Hurst in 2020 saw encouraging usage in the Falcons offense, running the fourth most routes among tight ends on his way to 85 targets, the ninth most among tight ends. Even with heavy usage, Hurst averaged the 15th most tight end fantasy points per game. It wouldn't be surprising if another team signed Hurst as their primary pass-catching tight end in 2022.

Seems like Hurst could be expendable with Pitts coming on.

EdmundDorf 05-03-2021 11:32 AM

Maybe , a number of teams, including Dallas, are cash strapped against the cap next year so really cannot afford to gaurantee $10m dollars. Many of the refused options will be replaced with negotiated extensions

skinsnut 05-03-2021 12:38 PM

I said 3 down back, not 3rd down back. I want a better FS, LB and QB, another TE.

Monkeydad 05-03-2021 02:14 PM

[quote=skinsnut;1283111]I said 3 down back, not 3rd down back. I want a better FS, LB and QB, another TE.[/quote]

So, Aaron Rodgers?

MTK 05-03-2021 02:52 PM

We have a 3 down back and his name is Gibson.

Pervis_Griffith 05-03-2021 03:18 PM

[quote=Monkeydad;1283094]
We only picked up [B]one[/B] UDFA, a RB that was too good to leave on the street.
[/quote]

After watching some highlights, I love this kid. I think he steals Lamar Miller's spot on the roster.

SunnySide 05-03-2021 03:34 PM

[quote=MTK;1283125]We have a 3 down back and his name is Gibson.[/quote]

idk man ... 3rd and 2, RR and Turner did not trust Gibson in that spot.

3rd and 10 ... did we trust Gibson in pass pro or would we have him run a screen in that situation? Hed be on the field for 3rd and 10s but it wasnt to stay and pass block for a pass play down field.

Id like a back that can get the tough 2 and be trusted to stay and pass pro on passing plays.

Gibson may be that guy this year ..

Chico23231 05-03-2021 03:36 PM

The #Bears will be releasing LT Charles Leno, source said, their starter the last seven seasons. A surprise move. Chicago drafted OK St’s Teven Jenkins in the second round and plans to play him on the left side. Leno now available for LT-needy teams.

Decent player

punch it in 05-03-2021 03:37 PM

[QUOTE=skinsnut;1283111]I said 3 down back, not 3rd down back. I want a better FS, LB and QB, another TE.[/QUOTE]

Oh gotcha. Yeah i agree about a 3 down back.

punch it in 05-03-2021 03:38 PM

[QUOTE=MTK;1283125]We have a 3 down back and his name is Gibson.[/QUOTE]

That is highly debatable. I hope to hell he turns into that but he was not a three down guy last year. They bought Barber in on third and short.

MTK 05-03-2021 04:12 PM

[quote=punch it in;1283131]That is highly debatable. I hope to hell he turns into that but he was not a three down guy last year. They bought Barber in on third and short.[/quote]

He's certainly capable, I think last year they wanted to bring him along slowly but I think this year he will be ready to take on more. Have to keep in mind it was his first year really playing RB full time.

GridIron26 05-03-2021 04:54 PM

[quote=MTK;1283135]He's certainly capable, I think last year they wanted to bring him along slowly but I think this year he will be ready to take on more. Have to keep in mind it was his first year really playing RB full time.[/quote]

Yep. I don't have any doubts we will see more from Gibson this year. It's still good idea to give Gibson break sometimes, we have a more than capable of 3rd down back in McKissic.

njant 05-04-2021 11:13 AM

[quote=KI Skins Fan;1283058]FS - That room is only full if they have someone better than Tre Boston to play FS - which they don't. If we sign Boston (which I hope we do) somebody in that room had better start packing.

WLB - I'm all for picking up a WLB.

QB - I'm fine with our QB's until the WFT can land "The One".

TE - I agree unless we are offered a deal we can't refuse on a good vet.[/quote]

I agree I think it’s Boston and a WLB then from there wait and see

EdmundDorf 05-04-2021 11:27 AM

[quote=skinsnut;1283111]I said 3 down back, not 3rd down back. I want a better FS, LB and QB, another TE.[/quote]

Do you care to be specific? We would all love to have better players at every position, wanting a QB, FS, LB and TE is one thing..... but do you have any actual suggestions of better options than the ones we have already?

AnonEmouse 05-04-2021 12:07 PM

[quote=AnonEmouse;1283054]Only vets I'd look for are FS (Boston) and RB. I'd actually be leaving any further signings than those until camp shakes out what we have in terms of real remaining needs.[/quote]

Thinking about it, I'd revise that. FS, RB to challenge Miller and Barber specifically, and LB, KJ Wright if the fit is good. Beyond that, what's a need that suggests a vet is required?

punch it in 05-04-2021 12:31 PM

Post Draft Free agency targets

[QUOTE=EdmundDorf;1283180]Do you care to be specific? We would all love to have better players at every position, wanting a QB, FS, LB and TE is one thing..... but do you have any actual suggestions of better options than the ones we have already?[/QUOTE]

Right. And if you do you can kiss goodbye other players, future picks, etc etc. If ever the overused “Rome wasn’t built in a day” expression was necessary it is now. This team is soooo much more put together than it was two years ago. I mean we have a solid veteran quarterback and two backups that know the offense. We can address the future next offseason there. There is nobody better than Fitz that is coming here between now and September so that talk has to stop. We just drafted a LB, and a TE - plus signed Reyes - we haven’t even seen either of them take a snap and we want to upgrade? Lol. Man we went from looking at a team with so many holes to wanting all pros at every position real fast.

Ohioskins 05-04-2021 02:20 PM

Looks like Jaret Patterson is the new addition to the RB room.

MissouriSkin 05-04-2021 02:46 PM

[quote=punch it in;1283189]Right. And if you do you can kiss goodbye other players, future picks, etc etc. If ever the overused “Rome wasn’t built in a day” expression was necessary it is now. This team is soooo much more put together than it was two years ago. I mean we have a solid veteran quarterback and two backups that no the offense. We can address the future next offseason there. There is nobody better than Fitz that is coming here between now and September so that talk has to stop. We just drafted a LB, and a TE - plus signed Reyes - we haven’t even seen either of them take a snap and we want to upgrade? Lol. Man we went from looking at a team with so many holes to wanting all pros at every position real fast.[/quote]

It’s amazing how some people wanted us to trade 3 number 1s for Rodgers or Watson and said that was ok, yet lose their minds when we move around a couple of 6th and 7th round picks. 🤷*♂️🤦*♂️

CRedskinsRule 05-04-2021 03:18 PM

[QUOTE=MissouriSkin;1283207]It’s amazing how some people wanted us to trade 3 number 1s for Rodgers or Watson and said that was ok, yet lose their minds when we move around a couple of 6th and 7th round picks. [emoji1745]*[emoji3603][emoji1751]*[emoji3603][/QUOTE]To be fair, the main critic of the late round trade (Scalper) was absolutely against trades for Watson Stafford or Rodgers. The problem is his disdain for the trade goes against his own logic because by his generally stated logic - quantity of picks good - sacrificing a (likely) late 5th round pick for a mid 6th and mid 7th should have been value added.
His reason for hating it seems to be focused as much on taking a LS, which disregards the fact that one top LS had already been drafted a few picks earlier which implies that the value of the pick was reasonable by at least one other NFL GM, and we got two bites at a reserve DE vs one.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

GridIron26 05-04-2021 04:34 PM

Would you guys consider Malik Hooker? He has a long injury history but we need FS so I would give him a one year prove it deal.

AnonEmouse 05-04-2021 06:19 PM

[quote=GridIron26;1283211]Would you guys consider Malik Hooker? He has a long injury history but we need FS so I would give him a one year prove it deal.[/quote]

No. The rooms got enough healthy guys that can play FS and we don't know how the new guy will fare. Collins is the one unknown, in that he's coming off injury. Why put another vet with injury issues on the roster, especially with someone like Boston still available.

GridIron26 05-05-2021 08:40 AM

[quote=AnonEmouse;1283215]No. The rooms got enough healthy guys that can play FS and we don't know how the new guy will fare. Collins is the one unknown, in that he's coming off injury. Why put another vet with injury issues on the roster, especially with someone like Boston still available.[/quote]

Normally I would agree with you as I don't usually want us to go after those players with history of injuries. Although for this year, I'm kinda nervous because we will play against multiple good/great QBs. Hooker is talented, along with our current defense players' talents, Hooker's talents can help bring our defense to top 3, if not #1. Boston's talents isn't close to Hooker's but the injury factor is big.. I wouldn't oppose to the idea of WFT bringing him in if they like him.