Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Eagles pre-game thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64532)

FrenchSkin 12-14-2019 04:35 PM

Eagles pre-game thread

In a season where there was never anything to be won, I think beating a division rival trying to go to the Purchase Order would be something to be enjoyed.

While I don't see us winning this one, especially with the Eagles being so effective at stopping the run, let's not act like they're a juggernaut either.

Despite a close loss being the best long term option, I'd take the ugly win over the embarrassing loss.

What do you guys wanna see ?

rocnrik 12-14-2019 04:51 PM

Re: Eagles pre-game thread

Bruce fired .. so whatever it takes .. if that means we lose 52 -0 then I’m good ..

Chico23231 12-14-2019 05:20 PM

Redskins placed WR Paul Richardson (hamstring) on injured reserve.
Richardson's best game of the season came in Week 3 when he caught 8-of-9 targets for 83 yards and a score against the Bears. He score one other touchdown the rest of the season while also failing to surpass 50 receiving yards in his other nine games. Coming off career-low marks in virtually every receiving metric, Richardson will likely need to impress in the offseason to warrant a featured role in 2020.

Another Bruce free agent bust

SolidSnake84 12-14-2019 05:51 PM

We very likely will see Bruce's 100th loss as GM of the redskins tomorrow. What a sad achievement.

Meks 12-14-2019 07:03 PM

Bruce better be a fucking goner

FrenchSkin 12-15-2019 02:47 AM

[quote=rocnrik;1239370]Bruce fired .. so whatever it takes .. if that means we lose 52 -0 then I’m good ..[/quote]

With all the smoke around BA's ass I think unless the Skins win out and he can sell the "we're close" narrative again, or he has video evidence of Dan raping puppies, Bruce is gone.

So again, I think it wouldn't hurt the team's future to look somewhat competitive in the eyes of the world and new HC candidates.

KI Skins Fan 12-15-2019 08:53 AM

I think the Skins players have a great opportunity to get a morale boosting win. The Eagles are beatable and just making them eat dirt is enough incentive for the Skins players to give a big effort.

OnceWeWereKings 12-15-2019 09:38 AM

It's all about seeing progress in individual players at this point. I dont really care about the final score anymore, and honestly have been picking up Sunday hours at work. I will be surprised if ba is fired. Dont know why, and I hope I'm wrong...but I think he gets another chance. I hope I'm wrong...but I think ba gets as long as they think it takes haskins...which I think will be at least 3 years. I dont think there will be that much improvement in haskins...but that's what everyone will be watching. I think the eagles d shows theres no progress achieved and we lose 30-12. Iggles rb and qb look like world beaters...but that's just par for the redskins course this year.

KI Skins Fan 12-15-2019 11:43 AM

[quote=OnceWeWereKings;1239387]It's all about seeing progress in individual players at this point. I dont really care about the final score anymore, and honestly have been picking up Sunday hours at work. I will be surprised if ba is fired. Dont know why, and I hope I'm wrong...but I think he gets another chance. [B]I hope I'm wrong...but I think ba gets as long as they think it takes haskins..[/B].which I think will be at least 3 years. I dont think there will be that much improvement in haskins...but that's what everyone will be watching. I think the eagles d shows theres no progress achieved and we lose 30-12. Iggles rb and qb look like world beaters...but that's just par for the redskins course this year.[/quote]

I don't see how Bruce Allen has anything to do with Haskins development. He isn't the HC or the QB coach. There's no need to wait to fire him on that account.

SolidSnake84 12-15-2019 12:03 PM

It's being reported that Urban Meyer is at FedEx field today. He's a major target the skins hope to land as HC and this to me, proves that Bruce is here to stay because he is actively involved in trying to recruit / negotiate with prospective HC's.

The only thing we are missing now is the redskins announcing they've signed Bruce to an extension...

sdskinsfan2001 12-15-2019 12:15 PM

This will probably be the last game I get to see of the season. Not going to spend money for the shit bowl next week, need to save for Christmas/NYE. And I'm travelling the following Sunday when we play the cowboys. Although, if we have a chance to knock them out of the playoffs, I might have to figure something out.

Buffalo Bob 12-15-2019 12:23 PM

[quote=SolidSnake84;1239395]It's being reported that Urban Meyer is at FedEx field today. He's a major target the skins hope to land as HC and this to me, proves that Bruce is here to stay because he is actively involved in trying to recruit / negotiate with prospective HC's.

[B]The only thing we are missing now is the redskins announcing they've signed Bruce to an extension...[/B][/quote]

Some things aren't even funny to joke about.

FrenchSkin 12-15-2019 12:34 PM

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1239399]This will probably be the last game I get to see of the season. Not going to spend money for the shit bowl next week, need to save for Christmas/NYE. And I'm travelling the following Sunday when we play the cowboys. [B]Although, if we have a chance to knock them out of the playoffs, I might have to figure something out[/B].[/quote]

Only bummer is we can't knock both the Cowboys and the Eagles out of the playoffs, one team has to come out of this shit show of a division !

OnceWeWereKings 12-15-2019 12:38 PM

[quote=KI Skins Fan;1239394]I don't see how Bruce Allen has anything to do with Haskins development. He isn't the HC or the QB coach. There's no need to wait to fire him on that account.[/quote]

I totally agree....but I think the only consistency this team has had this year is with dimwitted, head scratching moves. Haskins being Danny boys pick, and allen being Danny boys front line defense to the fans and media...I think that's the connection.