Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Smoke Signals: Can the 2008 rookie class bounce back? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=31115)

SmootSmack 08-11-2009 02:22 PM

Re: Smoke Signals: Can the 2008 rookie class bounce back?

[quote=artmonkforhallofamein07;574450][URL="http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Thomas__Kelly_Facing_a_Sense_of_Urgency_46224.jsp"][COLOR=#800080]Thomas, Kelly Facing a Sense of Urgency[/COLOR][/URL]

this one.[/quote]

I don't get the same sense of panic I think you do from that article. Yeah, they were a disappointment last year and they need to step it up this year. We all know that. I think you made it seem like they've taken a step back.

And unless I heard wrong this morning DT will play on Thursday

skinsfan69 08-11-2009 02:27 PM

we got NOTHING from these guys last year. NOTHING! i'd say that thomas and davis have the best chance since they'll probably be on the field the most.

skinsfan69 08-11-2009 02:28 PM

[quote=irish;574438]Bounce back?[B] It's more like get going[/B].

I'll go with Kelly.[/quote]

lol.

skinsfan69 08-11-2009 02:30 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;574459]I don't get the same sense of panic I think you do from that article. Yeah, they were a disappointment last year and they need to step it up this year. We all know that. I think you made it seem like they've taken a step back.

And unless I heard wrong this morning DT will play on Thursday[/quote]

I would just like to see Kelly practice for a couple of weeks w/out getting injured. Is that too much to ask? Since when is it so hard to just practice?

CRedskinsRule 08-11-2009 02:32 PM

[quote=skinsfan69;574463]I would just like to see Kelly practice for a couple of weeks w/out getting injured. Is that too much to ask? Since when is it so hard to just practice?[/quote]

Hasn't Kelly basically been a go at training camp? I know he sits out afternoons most or all of the time, but that is just precaution. I haven't heard that he has missed a lot of the scheduled practices.

Slingin Sammy 33 08-11-2009 02:35 PM

Rinehart. He'll adapt and be solid at RG.

freddyg12 08-11-2009 02:36 PM

I went w/Rinehart because he's got a golden opportunity to start w/Thomas hurt. If he plays well in preseason the job might be his regardless of Thomas' health.

The two guys that I think will play best on a per play basis are Davis & Moore. I think both of those guys will make plays, they just won't be on the field a lot.

Redskins_P 08-11-2009 02:39 PM

I'm going with Rinehart as well. I can't see RT playing a full season without some kind of injury. Rinehart will step in and make it easy for the FO to release RT next offseason.

KLHJ2 08-11-2009 02:42 PM

[quote=skinsfan69;574461]we got NOTHING from these guys last year. NOTHING! i'd say that thomas and davis have the best chance since they'll probably be on the field the most.[/quote]

Didn't Thomas score against the Vagiants last season on a reverse? I wouldn't call that nothing.

johno 08-11-2009 02:54 PM

I voted for DT, but i dont know who we need worse, him or Rinehart...

Slingin Sammy 33 08-11-2009 03:29 PM

[quote=johno;574476]I voted for DT, but i dont know who we need worse, him or Rinehart...[/quote]If you can't block the 3-technique DT one-on-one, then you'll have problems keeping the QB upright to get DT the ball.

PennSkinsFan 08-11-2009 03:40 PM

Thanks for the poll Smoot. Nice add in. I chose Devin Thomas as well. Although it was tough between him and Rinehart. CBS Sports was reporting there are several in the Redskins organization that believe Rinehart will beat out Randy Thomas.

artmonkforhallofamein07 08-11-2009 03:45 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;574459]I don't get the same sense of panic I think you do from that article. Yeah, they were a disappointment last year and they need to step it up this year. We all know that. I think you made it seem like they've taken a step back.

And unless I heard wrong this morning DT will play on Thursday[/quote]

I guess i get the same feeling as skins fan. I hate seeing these guys always missing practice. A guy like Clinton or Santana or another perennial starter and its ok. No red flags. But the fact that Devin is already missing time with his hammy gives me a real doubt as to weather or not he can go a full 16 games with no hammy issues. IE missing mutiple games in a row. Not to mention the time he is losing in camp getting his timing down with JC. It is not panic more a sense of doubting a guy who hasn't done much of anything. I want Devin to succeed. I haven't seen anything other than the Comments in that article from Zorn that make it seem as though he is uncertain if DT will play. these guys need reps

SmootSmack 08-11-2009 03:50 PM

[quote=PennSkinsFan;574491]Thanks for the poll Smoot. Nice add in. I chose Devin Thomas as well. Although it was tough between him and Rinehart. CBS Sports was reporting there are several in the Redskins organization that believe Rinehart will beat out Randy Thomas.[/quote]

Which I found interesting, because just a few months ago JLC (I think) had that famous article in the WaPo where he was saying how some in the organization thought Rinehart had a long way to go and everyone here was talking about how that was a classic example of how effed up our Front Office was, and what a horrible pick he was, and so on. And now we hear some think he might be good enough to start?

I didn't choose Kelly or Thomas (or Davis for that matter) because I get the sense they will all be relatively equal contributors and part of an already relatively crowded offense (which is a good thing I think). So I don't know that any one of them will stand out above the rest.

SmootSmack 08-11-2009 03:52 PM

[quote=artmonkforhallofamein07;574492]I guess i get the same feeling as skins fan. I hate seeing these guys always missing practice. A guy like Clinton or Santana or another perennial starter and its ok. No red flags. But the fact that Devin is already missing time with his hammy gives me a real doubt as to weather or not he can go a full 16 games with no hammy issues. IE missing mutiple games in a row. Not to mention the time he is losing in camp getting his timing down with JC. It is not panic more a sense of doubting a guy who hasn't done much of anything. I want Devin to succeed. I haven't seen anything other than the Comments in that article from Zorn that make it seem as though he is uncertain if DT will play. these guys need reps[/quote]

Fair points.

I don't have any link that says DT is playing on Thursday. But if I see one I'll pass it along. My understanding was that Portis, Haynesworth, Bridges, and Thomas are all out.