Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Smoke Signals: Can the 2008 rookie class bounce back? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=31115)

artmonkforhallofamein07 08-11-2009 03:57 PM

Re: Smoke Signals: Can the 2008 rookie class bounce back?

[quote=SmootSmack;574495]Fair points.

I don't have any link that says DT is playing on Thursday. But if I see one I'll pass it along. My understanding was that Portis, Haynesworth, Bridges, and Thomas are all out.[/quote]

Are AH and CP more just being held out of the game or are they legit injuries? I haven't heard anything on CP and I know about AH knee injection.

Lotus 08-11-2009 04:01 PM

[quote=artmonkforhallofamein07;574500]Are AH and CP more just being held out of the game or are they legit injuries? I haven't heard anything on CP and I know about AH knee injection.[/quote]

Matt Terl's blog today made it sound like those two are good to go but won't play simply as a precaution.

GTripp0012 08-11-2009 04:04 PM

Davis and Cooley combine this year for 1,000 yds and 10 TDs. So that makes it Davis, even if 70% of that production is Cooley's.

SmootSmack 08-11-2009 04:07 PM

Second-year wide receivers Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly figure to be on the field a lot. The plan is for Thomas, who returned to practice after missing time because of a hamstring injury, to start at Z receiver, or flanker, ahead of Kelly. Top wideout Santana Moss, the X receiver, or split end, might sit out or play sparingly.

[url=http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/jason-reid/running-back-clinton-portis-an.html?wprss=redskinsinsider]Redskins Insider - Portis, R. Thomas Not Likely to Play[/url]

Spence 08-11-2009 04:11 PM

I went with Devin Thomas, the boring pick. I just doubt Tryon will be on the field enough to make a huge impact, even if he is improving nicely. Davis will only have a huge impact if the Redskins go to a lot of 2-TE sets.

SC Skins Fan 08-11-2009 04:11 PM

Fred Davis will be the most productive of the 2008 Second Rounders, which is disappointing because he is the one the Skins probably need the least. But maybe the productive second tight end can help mitigate the lack of production from the receivers and also provide a viable red zone option. Davis showed the most improvement of the three at the end of last year, albeit as a blocker, and from all accounts he has been the most impressive of the three during the off-season/early pre-season.

budw38 08-11-2009 04:27 PM

Thomas is the most likely , with kelly having the knee and Davis likely on the field the least . If all three provide some 1st downs and a few big plays , the sum of the three could prove vital for our success ! Hope Rinehart imrpoves and becomes a starter at some point , Tryon sounds good , and I believe K.Moore is going to make some plays for us ,,, we could end up having a good 08 draft class . Also looks like we will get some pressure from O-SAK-PO and even Jarmon, 09 class :)

GTripp0012 08-11-2009 04:29 PM

I do think that Thomas and Kelly will have similar looking catch and yardage totals because I feel their playing time will be split pretty evenly. I'd be surprised if Kelly wasn't a lot more valuable by more advanced stats such as catch rate.

NYCskinfan82 08-11-2009 04:46 PM

No doubt they can bounce back or i think show up, i think they all will contribute DT, MK and FD.

artmonkforhallofamein07 08-11-2009 04:47 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;574505]Second-year wide receivers Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly figure to be on the field a lot. The plan is for Thomas, who returned to practice after missing time because of a hamstring injury, to start at Z receiver, or flanker, ahead of Kelly. Top wideout Santana Moss, the X receiver, or split end, might sit out or play sparingly.

[URL="http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/jason-reid/running-back-clinton-portis-an.html?wprss=redskinsinsider"]Redskins Insider - Portis, R. Thomas Not Likely to Play[/URL][/quote]

Ok cool.. Let's hope for the best!! I really want to see these guys make plays. They have to get it going early so they build some confidence in themselves. And at the same time so would I. :) But I'm pretty sure my opion doesn't matter to much to them.

wilsowilso 08-11-2009 05:00 PM

If Kelly remains healthy he is going to prove so many people wrong.

Lotus 08-11-2009 05:06 PM

[quote=artmonkforhallofamein07;574525]Ok cool.. Let's hope for the best!! I really want to see these guys make plays. [B]They have to get it going early so they build some confidence in themselves.[/B] And at the same time so would I. :) But I'm pretty sure my opion doesn't matter to much to them.[/quote]

Yes. The whole offense needs to have more swag than it had last year.

artmonkforhallofamein07 08-11-2009 05:08 PM

agreed.

WaldSkins 08-12-2009 09:24 PM

Chris Horton!!!

GusFrerotte 08-12-2009 09:49 PM

[quote=Lotus;574501]Matt Terl's blog today made it sound like those two are good to go but won't play simply as a precaution.[/quote]

Why would you even play CP/ARE in say all but the last preseason game? They are pretty much locks to make the cut, unless all these '08 and the '09 Wr rooks look hot, then you might have to get ARE in there more, but that is not probable.