Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hey Ho, Haslett has to go! (or maybe not) (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=50032)

#56fanatic 10-30-2012 09:39 PM

re: Hey Ho, Haslett has to go! (or maybe not)

[quote=irish;958664]Just what this organization needs, more change. Its the talent (or lack thereof) not the coaching.[/quote]

someone that sees the real issue.

Look, two of our best pass rushers are on IR. playing with basically 3rd string safeties and lets be honest, our corners are horrible. Hall included. You could pay a minimum contract and get the same output as what he is giving us. Haslett took our D from last, to top 10 I believe last year. We have no safeties at all.

One thing I have noticed, or haven't noticed is the big blitz on 3rd down. Now I know the coverage is lacking, but in my experience you blitz to cover up the lack of coverage ability.

We just aren't getting to the QB like we did last year, which is obvious by the last in the league stat we have against the pass. Against the rush, top notch.
So lets not get rid of Haslett and lets get some quality players instead

REDSKINS4ever 10-30-2012 10:34 PM

Shanahan won't fire Haslett. Not even when the season is over.

SmootSmack 10-30-2012 10:55 PM

He'll give him the option to resign

punch it in 10-30-2012 11:15 PM

It can't get worse, and something has to spark them. I am not a big fan of in season change either, but this has become worse than bad. Give it to Morris, and if the team responds than we dont have to worry about the search. If they have someone in mind for next season as SS would lead (or tease) us to believe than bring him in next year regardless. For the sake of the fact that we are rite there in a boat for the second wild card position full of about 5 other teams with basically identical records (two of which we beat head to head) - do whatever it takes to try and be the last mediocre team standing in that damn boat.

punch it in 10-30-2012 11:18 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;958675]Wives like to talk about their husbands sometimes, that's how I know. And it's players that matter[/quote]

Do the players know you are talking to their wives? :pimp:

SmootSmack 10-30-2012 11:30 PM

[quote=punch it in;959135]Do the players know you are talking to their wives? :pimp:[/quote]

I get my sources however I can.

punch it in 10-30-2012 11:40 PM

[QUOTE=SmootSmack;959138]I get my sources however I can.[/QUOTE]

Haha. Awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Goat 10-31-2012 12:05 AM

[quote=Dirtbag59;959098]Definitely stay the course with Shanny. For starters our offensive personnel is now tailored to his scheme and as Denver learned it's very hard to switch back. On top of that not many coaches can find Running Backs like they're long snappers. Also they've not only done a great job developing RG3 but Cousins looks to be coming along as well.

[B]Denver realized they made a mistake letting Shanny go[/B], the best COA is to keep him and find a defensive guy that can bring the D back to where it was the past decade.[/quote]

Whawhawhat?! Is this meant to be serious? There isn't a single Broncos fan I know, talking at least three dozen people here, who would ever want Mike back. Most of them wanted him gone well before the organization finally canned him.

What are you talking about?

The Goat 10-31-2012 12:11 AM

[quote=#56fanatic;959109]someone that sees the real issue.

Look, [B]two of our best pass rushers are on IR[/B]. playing with basically 3rd string safeties and lets be honest, our corners are horrible. Hall included. You could pay a minimum contract and get the same output as what he is giving us. [B] Haslett took our D from last, to top 10 I believe last year[/B]. We have no safeties at all.

One thing I have noticed, or haven't noticed is the big blitz on 3rd down. Now I know the coverage is lacking, but in my experience you blitz to cover up the lack of coverage ability.

We just aren't getting to the QB like we did last year, which is obvious by the last in the league stat we have against the pass. Against the rush, top notch.
[B]So lets not get rid of Haslett and lets get some quality players instead[/B][/quote]

Who are you referring to? Rak is the only pass-rusher we're missing. Carriker is a run-stopping d end and rarely put pressure on the QB.

Haslett took a top 10 defense to bottom of the league, and then last year we were middle of the pack. Back to the bottom this year.

The regime has signed or drafted a ton of defensive players across the front seven. Carriker, Bowen and Cofield all signed. Kerrigan drafted. Who are the quality players you would bring in, and how are we going to pay for them?

CultBrennan59 10-31-2012 12:21 AM

[quote=The Goat;959143]Who are you referring to? Rak is the only pass-rusher we're missing. [B]Carriker is a run-stopping d end and rarely put pressure on the QB.[/B]

Haslett took a top 10 defense to bottom of the league, and then last year we were middle of the pack. Back to the bottom this year.

The regime has signed or drafted a ton of defensive players across the front seven. Carriker, Bowen and Cofield all signed. Kerrigan drafted. Who are the quality players you would bring in, and how are we going to pay for them?[/quote]

Woah. Carriker is a huge loss on the pass rush front because he would push the pocket right up the middle in the face of the QB causing the QB to either not step up or try getting out of the pocket where our pass rushers would get him. Believe me we miss orakpo a lot but carriker is equally as huge of a loss.

hooskins 10-31-2012 12:27 AM

[QUOTE=The Goat;959141]Whawhawhat?! Is this meant to be serious? There isn't a single Broncos fan I know, talking at least three dozen people here, who would ever want Mike back. Most of them wanted him gone well before the organization finally canned him.

What are you talking about?[/QUOTE]

And I'm sure you've isolated other variables with this sample of fans so they can accurately represent the population you are making that assertion for?

JoeRedskin 10-31-2012 12:27 AM

I would not equate the loss of Rak with the loss of Carriker. At the same time, Carriker was a much bigger loss than Goat and his DVR credit.

The Goat 10-31-2012 12:28 AM

[quote=CultBrennan59;959147]Woah. Carriker is a huge loss on the pass rush front because he would push the pocket right up the middle in the face of the QB causing the QB to either not step up or try getting out of the pocket where our pass rushers would get him. Believe me we miss orakpo a lot but carriker is equally as huge of a loss.[/quote]

Carriker had 5.5 sacks last season. Not bad for sure.

53Fan 10-31-2012 12:31 AM

[quote=CultBrennan59;959147]Woah. Carriker is a huge loss on the pass rush front because he would push the pocket right up the middle in the face of the QB causing the QB to either not step up or try getting out of the pocket where our pass rushers would get him. Believe me we miss orakpo a lot but carriker is equally as huge of a loss.[/quote]

I believe he had 5 sacks last year also. I must say I expected a little more from Jenkins this year. Makes me wonder how much damage his injury actually did to him.

The Goat 10-31-2012 12:36 AM

[quote=hooskins;959148]And I'm sure you've isolated other variables with this sample of fans so they can accurately represent the population you are making that assertion for?[/quote]

Just being honest, I've never heard a Denver Broncos fan lament sending Mike down the road, never. Have you? Has anybody here?

Mike is somewhat of an enigma IMO. One of my relatives in Denver is a very successful oil man, and has done lots of hobnobbing w/ Denver "elite." He said Mike was a total ahole and not well respected there. Heard the same from one of the guys in my office that knows Plummer. I've heard a few players and other NFL personalities say Mike is a good coach, but that's about it.