Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Redskins Coaching Vacancies (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=51736)

Chico23231 02-08-2013 03:38 PM

Redskins Coaching Vacancies

No Special Teams Coach

No Wide Receivers Coach and now

No Director of Player Development:

[url=http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/02/08/phillip-daniels-out-as-redskins-director-of-player-development/]Phillip Daniels out as Redskins director of player development[/url]

Im really surprised.

Who we got filling these roles? Who do we want to see in there? Does anybody else need to go? Not a fire Shanny thread please.

MTK 02-08-2013 03:48 PM

Re: Redskins Coaching Vacancies

Daniels tweeted a while back that he was looking for a coaching job this year.

mooby 02-08-2013 03:59 PM

I hope he got that coaching job. I don't see Director of Player Development being a hard role to fill if Phillip Daniels can do it with no experience. I am curious to see who we get to coordinate special teams and coach the wideouts though.

SFREDSKIN 02-08-2013 07:25 PM

[quote=mooby;993747]I hope he got that coaching job. I don't see Director of Player Development being a hard role to fill if Phillip Daniels can do it with no experience. I am curious to see who we get to coordinate special teams and coach the wideouts though.[/quote]

Bob Slowick!! He's Shanahan's coaching Swiss army knife.

SirLK26 02-08-2013 09:21 PM

I say Steve Spagnuolo for special teams coordinator. Ha, ha. That would be awesome, but I can't see him stooping to that level.

GMScud 02-09-2013 05:14 PM

[quote=Mattyk;993744]Daniels tweeted a while back that he was looking for a coaching job this year.[/quote]

I wonder if some at Redskins park were a little put off by his open admission that the Skins ran a bounty program under Gregg Williams....

MTK 02-09-2013 06:30 PM

[quote=GMScud;993822]I wonder if some at Redskins park were a little put off by his open admission that the Skins ran a bounty program under Gregg Williams....[/quote]

That probably didn't help

diehardskin2982 02-09-2013 09:58 PM

Special Teams Coach= Gary Clark or someone his same type of personality-- Fire!

Wide Receivers Coach= Rod Smith

Director of Player Development=someone else who wants to get into coaching bad enough to babysit.

firstdown 02-11-2013 09:40 AM

Maybe we could bring in Albert Hansworth to be Director of Player Development.

scowan 02-11-2013 10:07 AM

What the heck does the Director of Player Development do anyway? Play board games with the guys after practice, or host Texas Hold'em Tournaments?

Alvin Walton 02-11-2013 11:03 AM

[quote=scowan;993928]What the heck does the Director of Player Development do anyway? Play board games with the guys after practice, or host Texas Hold'em Tournaments?[/quote]

Keeps them out of jail.

diehardskin2982 02-11-2013 11:49 AM

Babysit -Gary Clark can do that lol

CRedskinsRule 02-11-2013 12:44 PM

[quote=scowan;993928]What the heck does the Director of Player Development do anyway? Play board games with the guys after practice, or host Texas Hold'em Tournaments?[/quote]

Helps guys who are just coming out of college transition into a major lifestyle change. Even though being an NFL player has a lot of glamour associated, it is a huge change for most players, and a good director of player development certainly goes a long way towards keeping your younger players out of the headlines for the wrong reason. At least as I understand it.

CultBrennan59 02-11-2013 05:14 PM

Keith burns is the new special teams coach. I like it former all pro ST under shanahan.

CRedskinsRule 02-11-2013 05:34 PM

[quote=CultBrennan59;994000]Keith burns is the new special teams coach. I like it former all pro ST under shanahan.[/quote]

edit. wrong wiki link
Meh, maybe he'll be great, maybe not. Will certainly get a fair chance here, and I think we have a pretty good core ST unit, so let's see what he can do.

CultBrennan59 02-11-2013 05:41 PM

Wait...which Keith burns did we get?!?

[url]http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Burns_(American_football_player[/url])

CRedskinsRule 02-11-2013 06:00 PM

[QUOTE=CultBrennan59;994005]Wait...which Keith burns did we get?!?

[url]http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Burns_(American_football_player[/url])[/QUOTE]

denver guy. I had the wrong one :doh:

BigHairedAristocrat 02-11-2013 11:38 PM

Screw you, Danny smith

SBXVII 02-17-2013 11:16 PM

Be nice if they'd pick a WR coach so the new guy can look at the players we got and decide who to keep and if there is a need to pick up someone in FA or who to draft.

CultBrennan59 02-18-2013 12:46 AM

[quote=SBXVII;994549]Be nice if they'd pick a WR coach so the new guy can look at the players we got and decide who to keep and if there is a need to pick up someone in FA or who to draft.[/quote]

Jeremy Bates or Ed McCaffrey or Rod Smith would be nice

REDSKINS4ever 02-18-2013 06:06 AM

[quote=CultBrennan59;994000]Keith burns is the new special teams coach. I like it former all pro ST under shanahan.[/quote]

Burns has fielded excellent special teams units. Our special teams have been very good since Danny Smith was in Washington. Now with the arrival of Keith Burns, the special teams unit shouldn't miss a beat.

MTK 02-18-2013 09:56 AM

[quote=SBXVII;994549]Be nice if they'd pick a WR coach so the new guy can look at the players we got and decide who to keep and if there is a need to pick up someone in FA or who to draft.[/quote]

I think Mike and Kyle have that covered. Kyle works very closely with that unit anyway.

Mechanix544 02-18-2013 10:11 AM

Id like Gary Clark, Art Monk and Ricky Sanders to all be the WR coaches. Clark could show the recievers how to go over the middle and take a big hit while holding onto the ball, monk could teach the art of possession receiving, and sanders could teach em how to be shifty, or go deep.

Or we could just suit the posse back up and let them rip the NFL a new one.

Mechanix544 02-18-2013 10:14 AM

[quote=REDSKINS4ever;994558]Burns has fielded excellent special teams units. Our special teams have been very good since Danny Smith was in Washington. Now with the arrival of Keith Burns, the special teams unit shouldn't miss a beat.[/quote]

Ummm, everyone has been saying that since Smith has been our coach. I guess you can call the special teams play the last 4 years underwhelming under such an "Awesomely great" ST coach.

Welcome to DC Burns.

See ya Smith.

SBXVII 02-19-2013 03:31 PM

[quote=Mattyk;994570]I think Mike and Kyle have that covered. Kyle works very closely with that unit anyway.[/quote]

Yeah I'm thinking the same thing. One would believe that if they were going to fill the position they would do it by now so the new guy could watch film and decide who to keep and what to bring in.

Your idea or they give it to one of the assistants.

mbedner3420 02-19-2013 03:34 PM

Whatever happened to the other coach Shanny interviewed for the WR coach position? The dude from his days with Denver...

Chico23231 02-23-2013 06:42 PM

[url=http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8977716/washington-redskins-name-mike-mcdaniel-receivers-coach]Washington Redskins name Mike McDaniel receivers coach - ESPN[/url]

Mike Mcdaniel...who?

mbedner3420 02-23-2013 06:54 PM

[quote=Chico23231;995234][url=http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8977716/washington-redskins-name-mike-mcdaniel-receivers-coach]Washington Redskins name Mike McDaniel receivers coach - ESPN[/url]

Mike Mcdaniel...who?[/quote]

Good to see internal promotion in the organization. Hopefully it works out well for McDaniel and the Skins WRs.

CultBrennan59 02-25-2013 11:37 PM

He's not a coach and I'm not sure where else is appropriate to put this. But AJ smith is joining the redskins front office as an advisor.

REDSKINS4ever 02-26-2013 05:59 AM

[quote=Chico23231;995234][url=http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8977716/washington-redskins-name-mike-mcdaniel-receivers-coach]Washington Redskins name Mike McDaniel receivers coach - ESPN[/url]

Mike Mcdaniel...who?[/quote]

McDaniel knows all about that Houston/Denver/Shanahan offense. I'm actually rather pleased they hired someone in-house instead of hiring somebody outside the Redskins organization....

mooby 02-26-2013 07:46 AM

[QUOTE=CultBrennan59;995482]He's not a coach and I'm not sure where else is appropriate to put this. But AJ smith is joining the redskins front office as an advisor.[/QUOTE]

Screwed up the Chargers AJ Smith?